Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PukkaDanks

Sense Check on Life Purpose!

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Just finished the part of the life purpose course where you actually write it down do the first time. 

Overall I’ve loved the course, it has been a big time commitment but worth it! 

My purpose is this:

‘To unite a team in a vision, creating businesses that raise the worlds consciousness’ 

Medium: Technology start-ups

Mastery: entrepreneurship and business intelligence 

Let me know your thoughts, this is super important so I don’t want to have overlooked anything or created something that isn’t specific or niche enough. 

Thanks

Tom

Edited by PukkaDanks

@PukkaDanks Is "entrepreneurship and business intelligence" really one thing?

Also, why does it have to be tech startups specifically? Why not just startups in general?

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

You are right, they are quite different, But I think are both areas I am in the process of mastering / very passionate about. Do you think I need to pick one?

Startups would also work, but as I currently work in tech, and that is the specific medium I find most interesting I thought I’d use that as my medium currently, I can always change it in the future?

2 hours ago, PukkaDanks said:

You are right, they are quite different, But I think are both areas I am in the process of mastering / very passionate about. Do you think I need to pick one?

Only choose both if you need to. You might need to combine things in order to actualize your purpose. I'm just making sure you're not splitting your focus.

2 hours ago, PukkaDanks said:

Startups would also work, but as I currently work in tech, and that is the specific medium I find most interesting I thought I’d use that as my medium currently, I can always change it in the future?

You can change it later, but it's best to be as accurate as possible early on.

Like for me, my original choice of medium was comics but I changed it to film later on. This wasn't a big deal but it would have been better if I was accurate when I first made the choice.

Also, don't choose something just because it's interesting. You have to choose things based on need. If your strengths lie in tech, that would be a need. If tech is just an interest, that's not a need. Only choose based on need.

Since your purpose is to "unite a team in a vision, creating businesses that raise the worlds consciousness," there doesn't seem to be a need to limit yourself to tech startups. You can prioritize them if you want, but having them as a limitation doesn't seem necessary to me.

Edited by Robert

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@PukkaDanks What is the most meaningful way to you to raise the world's consciousness?

Be concrete. What do you mean by "raising consciousness" and why is that meaningful to you?

Why is business being used to achieve this impact and not something else?

Why is business meaningful to you? What is the point of business?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Only choose both if you need to. You might need to combine things in order to actualize your purpose. I'm just making sure you're not splitting your focus.

You can change it later, but it's best to be as accurate as possible early on.

Like for me, my original choice of medium was comics but I changed it to film later on. This wasn't a big deal but it would have been better if I was accurate when I first made the choice.

Also, don't choose something just because it's interesting. You have to choose things based on need. If your strengths lie in tech, that would be a need. If tech is just an interest, that's not a need. Only choose based on need.

Since your purpose is to "unite a team in a vision, creating businesses that raise the worlds consciousness," there doesn't seem to be a need to limit yourself to tech startups. You can prioritize them if you want, but having them as a limitation doesn't seem necessary to me.

Ok thanks a lot for the input. I believe I need both these things to actualise my life purpose so I will keep them. Regarding the medium, you are correct. I’ll simplt change it to start ups 

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@PukkaDanks What is the most meaningful way to you to raise the world's consciousness?

Be concrete. What do you mean by "raising consciousness" and why is that meaningful to you?

Leo, when I did the visualisation exercise of giving a speech I envisioned speaking about using business as an accelerator for bringing people up the ladder of spiral dynamics. Clearly business took people from blue to orange. In London where I live now, the trend is that start ups have a ‘green’ focus. These pioneering businesses  permeate society and, in my opinion, are fundamental to the shift from orange to green. 

I believe business can also be used to now continue lifting people through the spiral, weather that be through higher value products / services or ethos. Maybe business will have a limitation in this use on the spiral at higher levels but, unless we try, can we know? Does that make sense?

I initially wrote ‘... to raise consciousness using the spiral dynamic framework’ but cut out the last bit as it was too long and seemed superfluous 

Part of me can’t explain. It’s just in my gut. I love business and it’s a perfect myriad of my key strengths, creativity, leadership, bravery and learning. Everything that inspires me most is business related, I get incredible inspired reading about Elon musk, Steve jobs, Richard Branson etc.

Business in my eyes is any engine that is self sustaining. In order to employ people (and yourself) to carry out great work, you need to pay them, I just see that as a basic truth.

Looking at the improvements that have occurred materially  in the past, and the improvements I see occurring on a deeper societicial level in the future. I vision business and entrepreneurship will  be the biggest driver  

Edited by PukkaDanks

@PukkaDanks Make sure you broaden your sources and research.

I get the feeling some of you just watch my videos and then whatever I say, you think is the right thing for you to do.

The LP must come AUTHENTICALLY from you, not from copying stuff I say because it's just the shit that's at the top of your mind because your mind is filled with my videos.

Double-check that you are not just aping me. Have the courage to find what is authentically within you (which I did not put there).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.