Chrissy j

How much should you contemplate vs. just staying present

8 posts in this topic

Contemplation on every topic has worked well for me, but I’m wondering now if I should just stay present more. One the one hand, contemplation seems necessary for a lot of insights. But on the other hand, maybe just being present will do more for me. I could have insights just from observing what is around me. What is a good balance? Or should I start to just focus more on mindfulness? I’m not sure, since contemplation seems like a really good method. If I could just focus on mindfulness for nonduality maybe I could just do that and reach infinity. Contemplation seems like a good method for that too though(neti neti). Which one would be better? Is just being in the moment the best way to go(mindfulness and also just being present)? If I’m seeing infinity in My everyday experience, should I continue to contemplate? Or just basque in the presence of it? I remember osho said he stopped reading books cuz it wasn’t raising his being. Maybe I could just focus on my being? How important will contemplation be after infinity is seen at all times? How much shadow work and personal development work is really needed at that level of consciousness? Wouldn’t a lot of it just naturally fizz out? And as you raise your being won’t you be able to reach the highest without contemplation? Lemme know what you guys think. 

Edited by Chrissy j

5 hours ago, Chrissy j said:

Contemplation on every topic has worked well for me, but I’m wondering now if I should just stay present more. One the one hand, contemplation seems necessary for a lot of insights. But on the other hand, maybe just being present will do more for me. I could have insights just from observing what is around me. What is a good balance? Or should I start to just focus more on mindfulness? I’m not sure, since contemplation seems like a really good method. If I could just focus on mindfulness for nonduality maybe I could just do that and reach infinity. Contemplation seems like a good method for that too though(neti neti). Which one would be better? Is just being in the moment the best way to go(mindfulness and also just being present)? If I’m seeing infinity in My everyday experience, should I continue to contemplate? Or just basque in the presence of it? I remember osho said he stopped reading books cuz it wasn’t raising his being. Maybe I could just focus on my being? How important will contemplation be after infinity is seen at all times? How much shadow work and personal development work is really needed at that level of consciousness? Wouldn’t a lot of it just naturally fizz out? And as you raise your being won’t you be able to reach the highest without contemplation? Lemme know what you guys think. 

Whats your goal for starters?  By the sounds of it, you are looking for something that you believe that by contemplating or being present with will get you closer to or farther from depending on which you do more of.  ??

These aren't mutually exclusive, we can contemplate and be present simultaneously, in fact, it's ideal.

@SOUL  does awareness have ability to contemplate or is it mystical energy voodoo or just thought/ego?

The ego loves to find the solutions to such stupid questions, just notice that.

Instead of all this mental gymnastics, detach from the ego. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

11 hours ago, SOUL said:

These aren't mutually exclusive, we can contemplate and be present simultaneously, in fact, it's ideal.

Fosho dude?

7 hours ago, Sashaj said:

@SOUL  does awareness have ability to contemplate or is it mystical energy voodoo or just thought/ego?

Well, I will attempt to explain without complicating it.

Contemplation is an exercise in attention and attention is a relativistic manifestation of awareness which is absolute in nature. So attention and awareness are 'kin' so to speak and they can be simultaneously or individually expressed in our consciousness. Awareness doesn't contemplate but we can be present in awareness while our attention is in contemplation and this holistic state of consciousness will yeild significant results in effective mindfulness.

Does that make any sense?