Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

Just as Ramaji's map and his ratings has it's flaws.

I didn't understand why Genghis Khan was at 1000, but then I read "Genghis Khan and The Making of The Modern World" and it became clear.  He basically pioneered tolerance of religion (had clergymen of several different faiths in his court), and I think, frankly, there's more myth than fact turning him into a bloodthirsty monster of some kind.  Unless one has read good books on him, it's easy to fall prey to Western and Arab historical propaganda.  For the medieval era, it's perfectly plausible he was enlightened (just not a religious avatar, which few enlightened people are anyway.)

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/159818

Edited by Haumea2018

13 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Do your own work and then come tell us about that.  You gotta focus inward.  Your systems need to come out of you.  Forget about Ken Wilbur.

I should have just said that from the beginning lol, that was one of my points

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

12 hours ago, Feel Good said:

I have one more thing to point out to you.

It's very obvious that whatever stage you are at in horizontal enlightenment you will function at that stage.

You just proved it when you projected your own mentality onto me without realizing it. 

The cool guru thing. 

That's you buddy. That's the mind structure you are one with. 

And that's a shadow aspect right there because you imagined your own mentality to be inside me.

See? 

Integral model is spookily accurate once you learn it, it's not some random ideology, it's an actual map of samsara and the characteristics of samsara.

You should study it. It's very useful tool 

Projection is juxtaposing your own insecurities, wants and needs onto another person. If I assume your male, am I projecting? Making assumptions about people is not necessarily projecting

I have studied the integral model a while back. Out of 5 or 4 books, the only thing useful I got was the spectrum of consciousness thing from his book, No boundary

I didnt imagine. You have it. If you dont, then it is mental mastrubation. Why are you discussing 3rd tier, without any personal insights to back it up. As Joseph have said, Hearsay is not sufficient in enlightenment work. If you are reading it for curiosity, then you were having an intellectual debate, nothing else.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

But even if you have some "direct" experience. Cannot an "external map" serve as a mirror to see your own blind spots? For example the Enneagram would also be "external", but as a map / mirror to show one's blindspots it is unmatched imo. But it also takes courage, just as getting feedback from teachers does.

These stages are mind mazes of self slicing and dicing

Fragmenting and dementing still renting the bent thing.

So you buy in and fly it rhyming reasons why you bite.

Don't take the jab step spin move pump fake and hoop.

Just another net to smother intention in demonization.

The frame game by any other name is the same blame

Spinning spiral social dynamics follow me and go viral

It's fresh new words on age old turds to feed the herds.

Edited by SOUL

Hi @Finland3286,

to answer your original question-

Yes, 'non-duality' is a conceptual thing. 

As well as being a concept, it can alter your perception of things, to a degree. However, if it doesn't alter the way you are experiencing life, it doesn't mean that you are less spiritual than anyone else, or that you 'just don't get it'. 

Some people fall in love with the concept of non-duality, and others don't. It may be that you find it more rewarding to go and do some volunteer work or emerge yourself in prayer or else just enjoy art, music, nature and other beautiful things. All these activities also have enormous spiritual value. 

As for myself, I had a bad experience with non-duality teachings and I prefer not to bother with it, for now. 

My understanding is that non-dualists believe that everything is 'one'. Everything you see and experience is just the great play of consciousness unfolding. There is no real separation... we only believe we are separate from the universe because of the way we have been socially conditioned. But that conditioning is an illusion.

Once we see through this illusion, we will feel at peace within ourselves and act far more compassionately towards everyone and everything else. Utopia.

"How, when, where and why" we see through the illusion, is the topic of much prolonged debate! These debates seem to lack a lot of compassion, in many cases. 

Non-duality is sometimes a helpful adjunct to leading a good, happy and rewarding life. Sometimes it is not helpful. Another paradox, lol. :)