Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

perhaps, what is so common in learning new skills is very subtle fear

Idk yet .I’m getting to that brah xD

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Ha yeah! I have played soccer my entire life and developed such an ego from it I had to quit at one point. I did break through this mental block and have been experimenting with this "flow" state every since. 

Excellent ?

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

What is interesting is I have started questioning my intentions before deciding to play in any particular soccer game. If my mind is not right it is pointless to go participate 

I kinda did that with surfing. But my intention with surfing was always not really an intention. It just seemed natural our joy dude:D

31 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s not a response to something else. It’s not like feeling bad for a friend . It’s like a oneness with someone. 

One time, I met a kid with autism. We connected and I went into empathy mode. I experienced a sense of being trapped in my head. There were concepts and thoughts that wanted to be expressed but unable to be expressed. This kid was unable to express his thoughts and feelings. He was trapped. I experienced the frustration, anxiety and isolation. Meanwhile, his mother is telling me about how he has episodes of emotional outbursts and self harm. She talks about all the tests he has undergone and that the doctors are still trying to fugure it out. She yabbers on about some theory while I’m experiencing strong anxiety of being trapped in my head, just like this kid. I knew what he was going through and why he acted out like he did. I wanted to act the same way.

Interesting! I imagine for you it was not always desirable to share the emotions of others? 

It reminds me of some Eckhart Tolle story i heard a while back about how he was defusing the frustrating emotions of someone else or maybe helping them release their resistance to express. Being an empath myself (i think ha) I am not sure about all the details but that's cool! 

8 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Are you fishing for attention? It's a covert way of getting affirmation ~ to proclaim that you're leaving for good (despite the fact you're still here posting and making a show of "leaving" instead of just actually leaving). This is common for a lot of people. 

Nope.  I’m wondering why the moderators are letting you troll people on here in very crazy-making and hurtful ways.  You have immunity for some reason, and that strikes me as very suspicious.  You seem like the same dude behind ‘White’ who is conspicuously absent now. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

Interesting! I imagine for you it was not always desirable to share the emotions of others? 

That would be an understatement. That’s why I want to become more mature with it. It can be useful sense as well

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

That would be an understatement. That’s why I want to become more mature with it. It can be useful sense as well

You must have quite an openness about you. Those overwhelming emotions are not easy to detach from.

How do you feel about seeing or maybe understanding you and they are not those emotions but pure consciousness?  Have you experimented with this?  

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

You must have quite an openness about you. Those overwhelming emotions are not easy to detach from.

How do you feel about seeing or maybe understanding you and they are not those emotions but pure consciousness?  Have you experimented with this?  

My personality usually tries to detach.

I used get confused which feelings were mine and the other. Yet, I’ve gotten better at not identifying with the experience. 

But c’mon. I was walking down Times Square New York and I’m connecting to everyone I make conract with. They are all sending me packets of themselves. I couln’t look in anyone's eyes, as that would make it more intense. I put my head down and got myself to Central Park. 

Psychedelics opened up this area a lot. I can get hyper empathic while tripping.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

My personality usually tries to detach.

I used get confused which feelings were mine and the other. Yet, I’ve gotten better at not identifying with the experience. 

But c’mon. I was walking down Times Square New York and I’m connecting to everyone I make conract with. They are all sending me packets of themselves. I couln’t look in anyone's eyes, as that would make it more intense. I put my head down and got myself to Central Park. 

Psychedelics opened up this area a lot. I can get hyper empathic while tripping.

Hahaha I feel you! I believe we may have very similar personalities. I've only had one trip on shrooms and it was a "bad" one (had never been so afraid), but became a very good life-transforming wake up call xD

I hope you keep exploring this ability and maybe share at some point! 

3 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

I get tired and sleepy around people who hold back their selves. 

It's horrible. 

I feel everything. It's so painful i cant bear it sometimes. :(

Somtimes I can detach. Sometimes I can’t control it.

@Feel Good@SerotoninluvI recently experienced this or something similar at a party a few weeks ago. 

I think part of me was "trying" not to judge myself and others. 

For me these phrases come to mind: 

Relinquish the illusion of control  

acceptance/surrender = freedom

(not trying to preach i swear) just some reflective thoughts

@Serotoninluv you’re caught in the sensitivity field as well? :)

Only happens when there is no identification. Identification seems to inhibit that sensitivity. Otherwise there is only the body’s particular feelings which override the collective. 

Edited by Faceless

It can definitely bring about identification if there is reaction to that collective sorrow. Then it can cause one to hold it in and begin to suffer themselves. If there intelligent action preventing conditioned action-reaction then that sensitivity can be sustained without the identification effecting you. So for me that collective sensitivity happens naturally by not reacting positively of negatively. How long has this phenomenon been the case for you @Serotoninluv?

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

think part of me was "trying" not to judge myself and others. 

For me these phrases come to mind: 

Relinquish the illusion of control  

acceptance/surrender = freedom

Nice xD damn fragmentation dude. Its so damn deep

2 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

I don't think its just an understanding of spiritual bypassing.

Psychological becoming/ movement of fragmentation?

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

@Jack River I'm not sure. What does that mean again?

Becoming somthing other than what we are. If I’m greedy I will habitually seek to be non-greedy. So I chase an idea. But no matter what that greediness continues. We think chasing ideas work psychologically like they do when we want to build a bridge or something physical. But time or the me is illusion so an illusion is seeking security in idea. One big illusion dude:D

Edited by Jack River

3 hours ago, Feel Good said:

You don't come across enlightened. You actually sound very attached to your believes. 

So I shouldn't take Ken Wilber as an authority, I should choose you as an authority instead? You say enlightenment is turquoise, Ken Wilber says enlightenment is 3rd tier.

You say awakening can happen at all stages. Ken says actual getting off samsara completely can happen at all stages.

You didn't watch the video. If you did, you didn't listen very carefully. 

1)You are proving my point. You shouldn't take me as an authority as well. You are still disagreeing with me because ken wilber said it, not providing a reason( which he still explicitly doesn't ). This proves that for you, if a guru with a lot of followers would say it, it would be true. You are just going here and there looking for authority

2)Also if enlightenment can happen at any stage, by your logic, why look for enlightened behaviour from an enlightened person. Are you saying you suddenly transcend everything? That's ridiculous, think about it

3) For you attachment to beliefs is like, if a more cooler guru would say it, it would be true. So I shouldn't hold my ground just because ken wilber says it? Which he even doesn't. That's attachment to beliefs for you. One day I would say Truth is only One and it's in my direct experience, and you would say I am attached to my beliefs. Am I attached to my beliefs or not? 

4) By watching the first few minutes, I know what will be discussed. I don't need to really watch the video. Even if he talks about 3rd tier, thats pure semantics. Anybody could be talking about the same thing with different meaning.

My reason is simple, full enlightenment cannot happen at tier 1, because ego is not mature enough to fully see it's falseness. If it was, it won't be at tier 1. Unless you could provide me with examples or some good reason, why would change my stance? I know enlightenment requires a certain degree of maturity, and tier 1 doesn't has it.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Artaemis 

seeking psychological security is the self resisting what is, to what it wants to be. 

Edited by Jack River