Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

Just now, Jack River said:

Like to communicate. If there is identification with certain information then the communication is corrupted. Fear forming a barrier in communicating. That what are saying @Saumaya?

Definitely, identifying with a perspective will lead to preserving and defending that perspective, and not see the other perspective clearly.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Just now, Saumaya said:

Maybe. What I meant is, criticism, can lead to synthesis of two different perspectives. In the end it comes down why someone is critising. As I said, being right doesn't matter, and, that is like experience fighting itself as Joseph said.

I am following dude. Fusion or union on a subject or conversation 

3 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

logic has its use but intellectual pride is a curse.

the avatar of the smart/high consciousness/enlightened one is a huge trap.

this is why true humility of heart is so rare.

Fosho dude. Without humility thought is incoherent. 

2 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Definitely, identifying with a perspective will lead to preserving and defending that perspective, and not see the other perspective clearly.

Seems pretty dang reasonable dude. It’s pretty easy to tell when there is this identification. I usually kinda just stop trying if I see it’s going nowhere. 

@Jack River Even if the other party's perspective is pretty much incorrect. The synthesis can lead to greater understanding of the correct perspective. The key is to try to understand where the other person is coming from. Trying to be right is never the way. It's like blinding our eyes. If both or even one of the party is ready, some kind of union would happen.

There's Only One Truth!

7 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Even if the other party's perspective is pretty much incorrect.

Right. But sometimes there are signals of this identification or resistance. Has to be both willing to listen without holding to there bias/thought. 

7 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

The key is to try to understand where the other person is coming from. Trying to be right is never the way. It's like blinding our eyes. If both or even one of the party is ready, some kind of union would happen.

Right. Sometimes it can happen if one side is willing and the other let there gaurd down by observing what seems to be genuine intention of the other. But unless that is so communication is a two way street. Right dude? 

Edited by Jack River

1 hour ago, Saumaya said:

Enlightenment doesn't come in many shape or forms, again, to say that would be to say there are more than one absolute truths; that is ridiculous.

I don't think so. There are different perspectives that can be seen and spoken from. This has to do more with embodiment on different levels as "realizing the truth" clearly is just realizing and not "enlightenment". You know the whole "different facets of the diamond"-thing where each facet looks complete but is in itself not the whole diamond. And that's exactly why I would recommend @Joseph Maynor to visit a competent teacher as there are plenty of good ones where he lives like Adyashanti, Jon Bernie or Mukti. But what do I know... I don't consider myself enlightened. :D

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

I don't think so. There are different perspectives that can be seen and spoken from. This has to do more with embodiment on different levels as "realizing the truth" clearly is just realizing and not "enlightenment". You know the whole "different facets of the diamond"-thing where each facet looks complete but is in itself not the whole diamond. And that's exactly why I would recommend @Joseph Maynor to visit a competent teacher as there are plenty of good ones where he lives like Adyashanti, Jon Bernie or Mukti. But what do I know... I don't consider myself enlightened. :D

It's funny.  He agrees with me and you think I need the teacher.  You keep clinging to that thought.  This is why discussion is pointless to me now.  All I'm doing is dealing with other people's beliefs.  What's funny is I keep asking you to provide a reason why I need a teacher and you never give one.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Toby said:

The different perspectives of diamond thing is for expressing the truth. Not truth itself. I'm talking about Absolute Truth here, not a relative one. Truth as truth cannot be expressed, expressing it in dualistic language will lead to the diamond thing

There's Only One Truth!

5 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Right. But sometimes there are signals of this identification or resistance. Has to be both willing to listen without holding to there bias/thought. 

Yes, a two way communication will lead to greater understanding of both the parties

There's Only One Truth!

Just now, Saumaya said:

Yes, a two way communication will lead to greater understanding of both the parties

Can’t be any psychological seeking basically on either side to come together. 

@Saumaya yeah but Absolute Truth is not "Enlightenment". At least not from what I see (right now). It's really easy to confuse teachings from enlightened dudes that focus on realizing the Absolute (Ramana, Nisargadatta) and think that's it. But hey, what do I know. That's just my little theory. :D

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Can’t be any psychological seeking basically on either side to come together. 

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@Jack River yes, that would break the communication

There's Only One Truth!

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

@Saumaya yeah but Absolute Truth is not "Enlightenment". At least not from what I see (right now). It's really easy to confuse teachings from enlightened dudes that focus on realizing the Absolute (Ramana, Nisargadatta) and think that's it. But hey, what do I know. That's just my little theory. :D

Maybe you need the teacher then?  You seem a tad confused yourself.  Maybe look inwards before judging me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What's funny is I keep asking you to provide a reason why I need a teacher and you never give one.

Because that teacher might point out things you are unable to see for yourself. That is the main reason.

1 minute ago, Toby said:

Then what is enlightenment lol

There's Only One Truth!

1 minute ago, Toby said:

Because that teacher might point out things you are unable to see for yourself. That is the main reason.

You need teacher for half baked awakening, not enlightenment. Enlightenment is clear as day. Even if you go to a teacher, it won't change anything

There's Only One Truth!

36 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

You need teacher for half baked awakening, not enlightenment. Enlightenment is clear as day. Even if you go to a teacher, it won't change anything

He asked me if I needed a teacher initially and I responded that I talk to myself every day.  That was my first response to him.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Feel a little heat from another forum member? Don't worry, just throw in an ad hominem - Trump style!

That's should sort it? 

The Donald Trump of Actualized.org.

You're comparing me to Donald Trump?  That is enough to ruin your credibility forever.  I'll give this to you, you don't know me personally.  But that's a huge benefit of the doubt I'm giving you.  Have fun on the Forum.

Edited by Joseph Maynor