Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Before one becomes a teacher they must first become a learner.  The best teacher is also the best student.

I was actually wondering in general... but now I ask you first: when was the last time you got face to face feedback from a real spiritual teacher?

13 minutes ago, Toby said:

I was actually wondering in general... but now I ask you first: when was the last time you got face to face feedback from a real spiritual teacher?

I talk to myself every day.  Although I wouldn't call myself a 'spiritual teacher' because really all I'm ever doing is talking to myself.  A teacher deludes himself that he's teaching others.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I talk to myself every day.

Yes, that's what minds do. That is why I am asking...

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yes, that's what minds do. That is why I am asking...

Ok.  You win. 

I was actually wondering in general... but now I ask you first: when was the last time you got rid of your mind?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok.  You win. 

It's not about winning. It's a serious question because - even if there are no others or everyone is you or appears in / as you - feedback is really important. I'm not doubting that you've seen something, whatever it is; but imo it is even more important to get feedback because the mind has the tendency to go into delusions with it. Things one is unable to see for themselves.

11 minutes ago, Toby said:

It's not about winning. It's a serious question because - even if there are no others or everyone is you or appears in / as you - feedback is really important. I'm not doubting that you've seen something, whatever it is; but imo it is even more important to get feedback because the mind has the tendency to go into delusions with it. Things one is unable to see for themselves.

Ok.  What's your authority?  It's easy to allege.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What do you mean: Do you mean the "inner self" authority? Or do you mean "my" experience or lack thereof? Or do you want to have names of people where I get feedback from?

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

What do you mean: Do you mean the "inner self" authority? Or do you mean "my" experience or lack thereof? Or do you want to have names of people where I get feedback from?

Ok.  So you have a mind too I see.  I was wondering why you called me a mind, I thought that was an odd allegation to make. 

If you know so much, how come you rarely teach?  I've never read anything from you on this Forum that I can specifically recollect.  

Since this discussion started around the topic of teaching, I assumed you would be passionate about teaching yourself.  But what exactly are you passionate about teaching?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The thing is, I don't claim to be enlightened. But you claiming something like this. And because of this I wanted to know if you get feedback (because I'd recommend it from my own experience to anyone who has some kind of awakening). You said no or didn't want to answer. So that's it. Easy question, easy answer. No need for an argument.

48 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Is he calling you crazy or are you paranoid? Are you crazy? How can anyone know. The real question is, are we having fun!?

35 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Is he calling you crazy or are you paranoid? Are you crazy? How can anyone know. The real question is, are we having fun!?

I never found out what he was asking me frankly.

@Joseph Maynor  but this is fun right? It’s a fun little game to play! All this online spirituality show haha. People on here are too serious sometimes, you included 

8 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

Its fun playing teacher 

I'm the best one obviously :D

We say that but then our culture has no problem putting teachers on pedestals too.  So, yeah it's fine to pooh pooh teaching, but the fact is teachers are here too.  There is some sense to teaching or else it wouldn't be necessary.  The fact is you're both a teacher and a student your whole life.  The best teacher you can be is you teaching you, which is actually all that's happening.  Teaching others is just a foil for teaching yourself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

'Non-duality' means everything is you. This means that everything is Metaphysically one; namely, it's all part of my Consciousness. That's Metaphysical Non-Duality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Toby said:

If someone is guinely enlightened, they won't REALLY need any feedback to confirm their enlightenment. It doesn't work like that. Truth is truth. Once you fully grasp it, it's done

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

43 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

I call bs on that

Anyone who is enlightened will say the same, no feedback is required for enlightenment. To say you disagree with this fact is to say that enlightenment is not about truth realisation, but something else. You cannot undo truth realisation. I don't see anywhere, ken wilber, disagreeing with this fact in the video.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

On 9/6/2018 at 2:24 PM, Finland3286 said:

I was watching Leo's video about "What Is Spirituality?" and in the video he talks about Non-Duality and I don't think I really understand it. In the video Leo talks about how science has never proved you are a physical biological organism and that science has never proven you are your body. Leo also says that science cannot prove that you are not the table you are looking at. Also that science has never proven the idea of a separate self because the idea of a separate self is just an illusion. He then goes on to say that it is a conceptual creation. Leo also tells us to construct an experiment to see if you are separate from your coffee table. To this I would say that i'm not the table because I don't experience things through the table. I know this isn't scientific but this is my line of thinking because I think i'm me because I experience things through my body. I perceive myself as being my experiences and the mind stores these experiences making me who I am and a table cannot do this. On the other hand I have had thoughts about dreams and Non-Duality.

To put it simply, You cannot be what you are aware of, how could you? Notice that the mind that these experiences are stored in, and the feelings you have, and the appearance of the coffee table all exist inside of this awareness, because it comes much prior to all of these things. There has never been anything that existed outside of this. What you call "the self" is just an idea, its just another piece of content that exists inside of this awareness (no awareness = no body). Any ideas you have inside of this awareness are just ideas and nothing more. Notice what comes first before everything. You have confused the witness with what is being witnessed.

3 hours ago, Feel Good said:

There is only one truth realization, but it is subjective and can happen at any level development! 

Plus there are also shadow delusions to take care of. If you realize truth with a shadow delusion (which can be more complex at 2nd tier) you extend your shadow to infinity. You become one with your own bs.

So enlightenment is not one thing, it's a moving target, and it comes I  many shapes and forms.

You can be "enlightened" at blue and that will be your subjective reality. But you can also be "enlightened" at green and have a totally different experience.

I think what Joseph has done is had a few glimpses, but because he is at blue he has a ton of shadow issues and only comprehend his reality in black and white concrete operational ways.

Haha.  I got a deep laugh at this one.  I guess you need to demonize me in order to keep your illusion of being way more advanced on the path than you reallly are alive.  You want to be a teacher so bad yet you have so much yet to learn.  There’s no embodiment with you, never any takeaway.  That’s because you think you’re too smart to learn anything.  That’s alright, I guess it keeps the Forum interesting.  I’ve seen enough from you on multiple occasions now to get a pretty good handle on things from your point of view.  You do ask good questions sometimes, I’ll give you that.  And don’t bother trying to lure me into another time wasting debate with you in this thread, I won’t bite.  Have fun.

Edited by Joseph Maynor