Eo Ea

Is learning science a waste of time?

13 posts in this topic

I am thinking about learning about the laws of physics but I feel like it will be a waste of time since science is a loop that can go on forever with it trying to explain reality. Science also shouldn't make claims yet it makes them all the time. What do you guys think of science?

I think we should, we should in this time to start learning from science first as long as it’s not becoming a dogma. Will help in our spiritual path.

Learning science a bit is helpful for daily life. Learn a bit of biology, physics, chemistry, and math.

Science is excellent. The important thing is to try not to turn science into a belief. If you study science, always keep in mind that science is a language, not fact. Science is simply a means of communication. It's a method of describing reality. 

For example, The Law of Gravity doesn't actually exist, it's just a means to precisely describe a phenomenon in reality. It doesn't matter how concisely science describes reality, it's still all symbols, language and ideas.

As long as you're conscious that science is a communication tool rather than an arbiter of Truth, then there is no harm in studying science. In fact, science is still very interesting and can increase your depth of understanding in many areas. 

No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Science is not a waste of time.  Learn everything.  That’s how you get into the Tier-Two Stages of Spiral Dynamics: Science, Art, Spirituality, Philosophy, Systems Thinking, Technology, etc.  That’s what gets you into Stage Yellow and Stage Turquoise.  Stages Turquoise and Coral (more so Coral than Turquoise) are only possible when you have a huge knowledge background that can then be transcended.  But you can’t transcend what you ain’t got see.  This is why a lot of people never make it to Stage Yellow — they aren’t intellectual enough.  You gotta be Yellow first before you can be Turquoise and Coral.  You can’t go from Green to Coral, although a lot of people probably fantasize about that.  That’s because Coral understands exactly what they’re transcending and why.  You gotta go through Yellow which is the systemic thinker and then Turquoise which is the synergistic collaborator first.  Both Yellow and Turquoise are very advanced stages for Conceptual Understanding Work.  Coral doesn’t lose that background, it just sees Thought differently than the other stages do.  Coral begins to see the distraction aspect of Thought very keenly.  But Coral can’t be Coral without going through all the lower stages first.  You gotta be super Yellow and then super Turquoise before Coral even emerges in your consciousness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Eo Ea said:

I am thinking about learning about the laws of physics but I feel like it will be a waste of time since science is a loop that can go on forever with it trying to explain reality. Science also shouldn't make claims yet it makes them all the time. What do you guys think of science?

Science is a great tool. I find it fascinating! I just need to be aware of getting trapped into scientific ideology.

Leonardo DaVinci is a great example of a mind that integrated science, art, philosophy, poetry. . . 

It is definitely not a waste of time to learn science. It is only a waste if science is the only thing you ever learn.

When there is insight into the whole of experience, knowledge, memory(THOUGHT), this question becomes quite obvious. 

This holistic insight does not depend on the accumulation of knowledge, experience, memory,(time). Cultivation of the intellect, as in gradual progress; conceptual understanding, comprehension, and so on, being the conditioned movement of thought, have absolutely nothing to do with SEEING THE WHOLE OF THOUGHT. 

The conditioned movement of time can never capture the whole of time. 

The study of Science(time), has its place in practical-functional affairs, but when it comes to answering questions about that which is beyond the limitation of time, then (thought-time), implicitly sets its own limit and incoherently tries to transcend that very limit. 

Edited by Faceless

Well that sums up whether I want to learn science or not xD. I definitely do. Thank you all for taking your time to respond.

6 hours ago, Faceless said:

When there is insight into the whole of experience, knowledge, memory(THOUGHT), this question becomes quite obvious. 

This holistic insight does not depend on the accumulation of knowledge, experience, memory,(time). Cultivation of the intellect, as in gradual progress; conceptual understanding, comprehension, and so on, being the conditioned movement of thought, have absolutely nothing to do with SEEING THE WHOLE OF THOUGHT. 

The conditioned movement of time can never capture the whole of time. 

The study of Science(time), has its place in practical-functional affairs, but when it comes to answering questions about that which is beyond the limitation of time, then (thought-time), implicitly sets its own limit and incoherently tries to transcend that very limit. 

Thanks for this one dude . I’m kinda grasping it. I’m sure not totally. This is somthing big though. There is a lot to it. 

It's not a waste of time. But be aware that even science is corrupted.

Science is useful if you want to do practical things with maya. It is best to be immersed in the self permanently.

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi