Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

How about constructing a conceptual mind map of reality together?

4 posts in this topic

I once saw a video with a western guy speaking of advaita vedanta. That guy had a map of some sort, like a 1m x 1m map behind him. It was very pedagogic.

The map had a white background for the absolute qualities and a dark background for the relative qualities of reality, and some sort of coloured filter that covered everything as a pedagogic way to show that everything ultimately is one thing, is non duality. 

I have high intuition and have had mysterious experiences since I was a child. I never formulated my experience in any way though, I had a non language understanding of the divine let's say. 

I came here to gain the conceptual understanding, since I didn't have the map. Not that I needed it, but in order to communicate it I thought a language/map based understanding could be good to have. 

My journey was kind of backwards, I traveled the territory first, without the map. Most people construct the map before entering the territory I suppose. 

Anyway, whichever path, whichever direction you go, a solid conceptual map won't hurt. Shouldn't we construct an own map of reality, and whenever someone suggest adding or changing something we discuss it here.  

As time goes by, that map might evolve to the best conceptual map known to man, although it will only be a map of course. 

In judaism, in the spiritual branch of kabbalah have mind maps to explain reality, looks like a tree, very pedagogic, how things relate to eachother and to which branch. 

We could make one that is much more advanced. Some people here are great with programming and softwares, they can create cool graphics, some have good insights, etcetera. A good detail map how everything relate to each other could be a good idea, don't you think? 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

All the ways of conceptualizing Enlightenment are like getting 100 cab drivers to write an essay on how to drive a car.  Now, you’re given those 100 essays.  What do you make of them?  Do you get lost in them?  Do you take notes on them?    Do you form a religion out of them?  What use to you are those 100 essays when you sit down to actually drive a car yourself?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

All the ways of conceptualizing Enlightenment are like getting 100 cab drivers to write an essay on how to drive a car.  Now, you’re given those 100 essays.  What do you make of them?  Do you get lost in them?  Do you take notes on them?    Do you form a religion out of them?  What use to you are they when you sit down in the car to drive?  

I know, you are right..

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

all ways of exploring consciousness are valid

if you're having fun making mind map and thought construct with your mind that's great!

fun= expansion

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!