Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Being rather then doing comes with a guilty feeling.

9 posts in this topic

I love to just be, pure be-ing. Doing is a distraction from this pure being, doing is a distraction from resting in infinite consciousness. 

My awareness goes into a contemplative and a meditative mode without any effort when I don't do anything at all. To just be is beautiful. 

Concentration and doing is a distraction from the truth and the love I feel when I let the spontaneous contemplation just happens, as it always does when resting in pure being with nothing else to do. 

My dad on the other hand loves doing, i don't think he has anything going on in his inner being other then the satisfaction over something he does in the outer world.

The arrangement of the outer world, like working, cleaning, house keeping, pay bills, wash the cars etcetera, gives him satisfaction. He view me as lazy and I view him as a closed minded person with no access to divine consciousness.

I would like him to have the taste of Godly awareness, but that will never happens. 

Anyway, it's tricky with my dad, but other people who are "doers" that I don't know personally, those people I love, they don't bother me(because they don't know me, hence they don't know we are different) and I love the sounds of people working, the discussions they have, the sound of construction working in action. But I love it only when I'm not part of it my self.

I like to blissfully witness it all from a distance, with a cup of coffee in my hand and love in my heart. 

Those "working-bees" do so much things for me, they build my house, they build my car, they construct all the roads I love to travel. They transport and manufacture all the delicious foods and goods to my local store for me to pick whatever I like. 

I can't help but feeling some trace guilt in the middle of all the bliss. I obviously like to consume the fruits of society, but clearly, I don't contribute anything myself(I'm lucky regarding economy). The only thing I provide for others are an open mind, kindness, happiness, but no real goods, nothing tangible.

Aren't those working-bees right about us to some degree, we are somewhat lazy, we don't help the wheels of society to spin that much, do we? 

After all, teaching non duality which many of us realised do, has no value for those who can't pick it up, which are most people, nor do they desire it. Only like 0.02% of people both desire AND are able to pick it up and transform themselves from the non duality teachings. And there are by far enough teachers out there to supply the non dual teaching demands from those tiny 0.02 % who wants it. 

You see what I'm saying here?

Elaborate.  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

Those"working-bees" do so much things for me, they build my house, they build my car, they construct all the roads I love to travel. They transport and manufacture all the delicious foods and goods to my local store for me to pick whatever I like. 

I can't help but feeling some trace guilt in the middle of all the bliss. I obviously like to consume the fruits of society, but clearly, I don't contribute anything myself(I'm lucky regarding economy).

Honestly speaking, If those 'working bees' did not work for 'you', they would get totally mad and run around like complete maniacs. Because most of them can't withstand even a day of inaction, solitude, self reflection and being.

Their fictitious identities, their works and the lies they tell themselves to remain busy, are their very 'life'. Do you get this? That's how they keep their sanity and make sense of everything. So in this sense, you're actually doing them a great favor by providing them an opportunity to remain sane and 'themselves'.

Paraphrasing Krishna from Bhagabat Gita, the inner tendencies of a man will keep him busy according to his karma. You and I can't do anything about that. No one can.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Being contributes with peace, love and harmony to this chaotic planet, thats not something to be ashamed of. :x

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I don't think that blissful observation is in opposition to working.
Doing (working, talking) is not opposed to being. We are when we do.
It is a matter of finding being within doing and staying centered. Not getting sucked back into Maya.

Having said that, I do not really think that it is possible to tell whether a person is just doing.
In my experience, it is incredibly difficult to talk about certain topics with people. Not because they resist it consciously, or unconsciously, but simply because we use different languages. Whatever I call Being does not hit any notes and (out of respect for themselves) they would assume that I'm out of my mind. That would not be too far off 9_9.

Finding the keys that hit the right notes is what deep relationships are about.
I really am under the impression that all relationships are about enlightenment, but we all start with different languages.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

35 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I don't think that blissful observation is in opposition to working.
Doing (working, talking) is not opposed to being. We are when we do.
It is a matter of finding being within doing and staying centered. Not getting sucked back into Maya.

Having said that, I do not really think that it is possible to tell whether a person is just doing.

You're right. Actually there is no such thing as JUST doing. You have to BE first before you DO.

Being, witnessing, being aware of being aware, these are different names for the same thing basically. It is happening uninterruptedly whether there is any action or not.

The question is if a person is aware of this basic fact of experience or not. That's why this direct path is called effortless. No one is creating something called Being. It's just a matter of being aware of something that is already always going on in its full glory :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@MarkusSweden Youre stage green. Stage greens feel guilty for not constantly meddling with things, because tier 1 does not understand systemic order.

32 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Paraphrasing Krishna from Bhagabat Gita, the inner tendencies of a man will keep him busy according to his karma. You and I can't do anything about that. No one can.

I was always wondering how enlightenment is possible, if a man is bound by karma.
Wouldn't enlightenment be karmically bound as well?
As the result of the karmic cycle exploring a particular nook that leads to its end before the death of a body.

Perhaps, that is the meaning of the phrase that no man is ever enlightened. The man dies with karma.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

53 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I was always wondering how enlightenment is possible, if a man is bound by karma.
Wouldn't enlightenment be karmically bound as well?
As the result of the karmic cycle exploring a particular nook that leads to its end before the death of a body.

Perhaps, that is the meaning of the phrase that no man is ever enlightened. The man dies with karma.

Thats the limitation of language. It always rests upon some groundless assumption.

Ultimately there is no man, no karma, no enlightenment, no nothing.

But as long as one thinks himself as a man, wisdom is given as a concession through language. And that instruction is actually helpful for the 'man'.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''