Soulbass

How bad is alcohol ?

30 posts in this topic

People, please make a distinction between "How bad is alcohol for health" and addiction problems.

This is "Health, Fitness, Nutrition" forum.

For addiction issues see "Serious Emotional Problems".

Edited by Soulbass

I drank every weekend for many years. I secretly hated it but I did it anyway. It left me psychologically depressed and lifeless (in the body also) (to put it lightly) for the next 3/4 days and then drinking would resume again the following weekend. It messes with the whole system.

I even found a little alcohol caused a slight depression and disruption. Not good 

Alcohol in the right quantity is very good for shadow work and faster drama release. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 10/15/2018 at 11:27 AM, Hellspeed said:

Alcohol in the right quantity is very good for shadow work and faster drama release. 

Could you tell more about this?

On 26/09/2018 at 7:37 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Numerous studies have been conducted that rank the harm of drugs to the individual and society. Per capita, alcohol consistently ranks as one of the most harmful drugs (psychedelics consistently rank among the least harmful drugs). 

ranking-20-drugs-and-alcohol-by-overall-

would you please link the source?

unborn Truth

Alcohol is a hard drug, and one of the deadliest in terms of total people croaking from it, BUT...

Just as with anything, treat it with respect and be smart about it, and it's no big deal. A beer or a few glasses of wine every few months or whatever isn't going to do much.

It's not the things we do every once in a blue moon that harm us the most; it's the things we do every day. As long as you don't have a propensity for addiction, I don't see a problem.

Alcohol has probably kept more people alive, than it has ever killed. But as a depressant, see the other impaired side to people right. 

That shitweasel was fairly memorable, from the movie Dreamcatcher.

My simplest reasons:

1-Alcohol is a substance that body sees it as unknown substance and does not know how to deal with it.

1.1- Everything you put through your mouth to your gut will go to your bloodstream or to your bowels (then will get to your bloodstream mostly at there)

1.1.1- EVERYTHING, will be on your bloodstream if not decomposed into basic atomic structures via chemical reactions inside the stomach.

1.2 So that this substance will travel through your body and will visit the areas that your vines sorry, veins, attached to (the most we recognize when it comes to alcohol is the brain, right?) 

1.2.1 so when at the end of journey through your body, cops will got him, the liver.

2-so that liver works really hard in order to package it into a fat cell

3-then this leads to fatty-alcoholic-liver disease.

apart from that

1- alcohol will make me relieved a little bit, tiny, tiny

2- alcohol will make me unorganized. 

3- alcohol will make me feel guilty after i woke up

4- alcohol will get me headaches, hangovers

5- alcohol will deplete a lot of my body's resources and the following day, and on-wards, I'll need time to get on the rail again.

6- alcohol will create a short-circuit in my mind, it will slowly occupy me and I'll get addicted to that short -relief.

7-instead there're better and sure better ways to get relief to the mind

8- this way has lot of harm compared to relief.

9- there're better ways if not without any harm to get relief.

As bad or as good as you think it is, which doesn't mean that i encourage you to go and drink alcohol. At the same time, try to avoid it ;).