Torkys

Law of Attraction VS Confirmation Bias

20 posts in this topic

I have been very skeptical about LoA but alot of things happened to me which I can only explain using Teal Swan's (channeling pain points to a deep spiritual issue) and Matt Kahn's (a twin flame which seems to be obey LoA) teachings - both of which are from a LoA paradigm. 

Do you think that LoA is real or is it just confirmation bias? Why do you hold this position? Where do you think the line is between confirmation bias and causality and how can I confirm it experiantially?

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Reality is a giant Mind.

How you think affects what you see and how you feel.

Your mind is constructing "reality". But it is in denial that it does so.

The notion that there is a firm distinction between reality and fantasy is itself a fantasy. Which is why your fantasies are so significant. Because they become your "reality".

LoA is about consciously creating the kind of fantasies you want, rather than letting the outside world program you with disempowering fantasies.

Whatever you tend to fantasize about tends to become real for you.

"Objective reality" << that's a fantasy you created.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Watch this segment for a few minutes: 

There is also another segment where Matt clearly says that the law of attraction is just another way for the ego to think it has control over this reality :) Everything arises to heal our deepest beliefs in separation, and to bring us in alignment with love; not because we wanted it into existence as the law of attraction suggests. It's all about surrender rather than control.

The main challenge with manifestation is that you are believing that something external will fulfil you or make you more complete. This is an illusion because you are already unlimited. And the other challenge is that you usually want to manifest your ego desires! Only by surrendering can you manifest your hearts desires because the very process of the law of attraction is rooted in ego and not your soul. It is rather backwards to what you might have heard.

Here is another series which explains manifestation in depth:

http://99days99channels.com/videos/video-31.php

How to manifest properly:

https://channelhigherself.com/videos/satsang-with-the-self/increase-manifestation-power-in-3-steps/#respond

Our beliefs do create our reality because when we see our beliefs manifest in physical form we can let them go, and heal them. We may have some control over our beliefs, but to most effectively change our beliefs we must surrender into our heart otherwise there will always be beliefs of fear inside of us. And once you get to that point, you will have no desire to manifest anything because you are so fulfilled by the love in your heart! So we have two choices then, we can surrender or we can control. Love or be in fear.

Namaste.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Contrary to what some very well respected people here suggest there is a manifest reality that exists without our perception of it. Although, our perception of that manifest reality is infinitely variable and we can create this perception of it as we see fit.

Edited by SOUL

@Nahm Very little, only a part of a video you posted once.

What do you recommend from her? 

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

@Leo Gura I am aware of the ego's projection of its Resistance - which goes to the depth I can't even fathom - but I don't get how phenomena - which I perceive "raw reality" as without any thoughts - can be mind-stuff.

How can I prove this to myself - is this possible without deeply questioning reality itself? Can you give any tips and hints to getting there?

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The notion that there is a firm distinction between reality and fantasy is itself a fantasy. Which is why your fantasies are so significant. Because they become your "reality".

Through observing my dreams, the line between real and unreal started becoming blurry for me so this should be easier to realize.

@Solace

@Solace When I was talking about LoA, I wasn't only referring to manifestation but to the "punishments" the ego receives because from them. Maybe LoA isn't the right phrase; I thought of the idea that God makes you face certain situations (to which Matt clearly subscribes), not the ego reacting to itself and blaming it on a universal law out there.

I really appreciate the Matt Kahn vid so much :) I will check out the Higher Self vids later

@Artaemis @Solace Thank you both for showing an alternative perspective! ❤️ There is no "negative" to flowing with life / surrendering to the Heart (one and the same).

29 minutes ago, Torkys said:

@Leo Gura I am aware of the ego's projection of its Resistance - which goes to the depth I can't even fathom - but I don't get how phenomena - which I perceive "raw reality" as without any thoughts - can be mind-stuff.

How can I prove this to myself - is this possible without deeply questioning reality itself? Can you give any tips and hints to getting there?

I realised this by questioning my situation. Where am I?  It turned out that I was unable to separate my mental position from my physical position. IOW, my physical situation was my mental situation - that is, when I situate myself anywhere.

Edited by dorg

@Torkys The answer you are seeking to the law of attraction is one I haven't been able to find definitively. Some teachers say that everything is here to help us, and we planned for these events before we incarnated here like Matt Kahn. Other teachers say it's our beliefs that create reality entirely like Bashar. And then there is more teachers who say that some things in life are predetermined and themes we must go through to clear our karma, but other things are still up to our free will. 

I really see it all as way above my level of comprehension, because this is about infinite intelligence here! So I just live knowing that in this moment I have free will, and that whatever I use that free will for it can only bring me the people, places, and things that grow me. It's a great synergy, they are all correct on some level :) 

All we can do is accept this. I'm sorry I can't give you something solid, and logical on this one.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace watched that video, was pretty good

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:58 PM, SOUL said:

there is a manifest reality that exists without our perception of it

Direct experience, or belief?

??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/4/2018 at 6:48 PM, Solace said:

the very process of the law of attraction is rooted in ego

On 9/4/2018 at 6:48 PM, Solace said:

manifestation is that you are believing that something external will fulfil you or make you more complete

Did these understandings come from a teacher (which one?), from thought, from contemplation? 

Also, to connect this to the thread on the spirituality video (haven’t watched it yet)...was turquoise orange previous to turquoise? If turquoise, let’s say, awakens a thousand people, through unconditional love, was this turquoise person egoic as orange, but not as turquoise? If not, what makes that make sense?

@Nahm I have been contemplating the LoA for a long time to see if it was true. It was the first technique I practiced years ago.

Once I started to feel love in meditations, I realized just how complete, and whole we already are. That all of my desires ended when I experienced who I truly am as this love for that temporary period of time. When our minds are silent, and love present; we feel fulfilled and the desire to attract something is no longer present, the need for anything external is not there because we only want something external as a substitute for divine love (that’s what I experienced). Threfore this is also the root cause of all addiction.

Why would you want to attract anything when you are overflowing with love? And to feel that love one must surrender, and one can’t surrender when he/she is lost in the stories of their mind promising a future manifestation that will finally fulfill them.

Blessings.

Edited by Solace

Fair enough. You know I love ya, and I sure hope you know how much I love & appreciate ever word you type, I really, really do. Perhaps this maya appears critical, but also, perhaps not. What if, in self discovery, the mind could not possibly be too critical? 

What if loa encompasses materialism, and the paradigm of true / false, as does nonduality. Would desire not be an entirely different magnitude, than limited to thought of desiring material objects? Is there a stratosphere where thought and wisdom appear to take place, appearing in the actuality of only One? What if this can be “checked”, but only by a “checker” who desires to check, and what if upon “checking”,  an otherwise unfathomable unification occurs, which encompasses true / not true, right and wrong, me and you, techniques & practices, desire / no desire, desire to love / denial that to love is desire and desire is love, any thing “internal” or “external” / no thing “internal” or “external” - and the “checker” is what’s checked? 

What if there is mistaking self appearing as “things” which could ever be a substitute for divine love, and there are no longer “things”, but all things are already self, divine love. Is it not always the eye of the beholder? Is there an off switch for the collapse? Is there not the possibility of the disappearance of anything external, revealing a ‘substitute’ was never a possibility, but only a thought? 

Is it not possible that you have created the entire universe, the appearance of “reality”, using only loa, and perhaps, through the simplicity of unchecked involuntary breathing, have maintained the appearance of a separate  “me” person, from a “me” source? Is it a possibility, that there is no such thing, ultimately, as ‘surrender’, as you, are already, that which could be surrendered to - that which only in thought, could be “surrendered to”, as “surrender” transpires, in thought?  Is it possible that there is no such thing as a “future”? That you are already manifesting all that is experienced - so effortlessly, so divinely, using only your divinity, that you could not even realize you are doing it? Is it possible, that you are so convincing in your appearance of reality, that though there appears to be a past & future, there is only you, now?

What if loa was bigger, deeper, more powerful than thought of desire & materialism? 

What if every person was well aware, no longer asleep - creating their own reality?

Would we see a society such as we currently do?  The competing, the division, the appearance of separation - the ego?

What if, the appearance of separation was understood, and accepted - a given - not on the thought, human, level - but on the reality level?

What if each is not a person in appearance, but rather each is a reality in appearance?

That would mean there is no objective reality.

In every person being aware they are the one, every person aware they are the dreamer & the dreamt - would there still be anything left to fear? How could there be fear, when one is already that?

Would a world without fear see desire as simplistically limited to materialism?

Would the One then experience a new, unbounded experience of appearing realities unified in understanding that transcends even faith?

Is that possible?

What if loa is not the subject to be checked - but rather the mind which attempts to check it?

Possibilities, that’s all I’m proposing. We are in love, and therefore we are in complete agreeance. From the depth of my heart man, I cherish such conversations in which we, together, come to know our self. Thank you Solace!

@Strikr

Went to the void, heard you there. Sorry I didn’t before. If you can see me not as a ‘moderator’ or ‘teacher’, but as the same, would you please help me with how I could have stated that (above) more simpler, more accessibly?

Thank you

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Direct experience, or belief?

??

When you typed that out and hit submit reply, you answered your own question. Do you really need me to explain it?

@Torkys, I think good things happen to you when you take action to make them happen. The law of attraction will only work for you if you do more than just dream a pleasant dream. First, you have a dream, a desire or a wish for something good in your life, then you make it happen by doing stuff that gets results.

if you take action but don't get any results, then you will need to re-evaluate and change your actions into something more productive and beneficial. 

This is where perseverance comes in. Such a boring concept; no-cares for perseverance. It's not exactly magical.

I can only report on my own life and what has happened to me. When I wanted something but didn't take any action at all, nothing happened. Nothing can be good, I am not decrying "nothingness". Plenty of people love doing nothing and they do it well. Good. Enjoy "nothing", because it is free and readily available to all beings. No need for any kind of discussion there!

But of course you are welcome to discuss it, if you would like.

Nothingness.  Very beautiful.

however, the 'law of attraction' kind of implies that you would actually like to attract something. Am I wrong?

Decide what you would like to attract, find out all you can about this thing, ask questions, make phone calls, take notes and do some brain- storming. Share your ideas with a friend. Talk it over. 

Then: take action. Considered action. Educated action. Purposeful action. Act with joy and good will. 

See if you do not get results. I think you will.

Edited by LaraGreenbridge