LaraGreenbridge

Mooji Unmasked...

80 posts in this topic

The burden of psychological authority....

The dependence on authority inevitably nourishes fear, in which leads to antagonism-violence. 

This perpetuation of Fear = antagonism-violence. 

The guru destroys the disciple, and the disciple destroys the guru.

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The burden of psychological authority....

The dependence on authority inevitably nourishes fear, in which leads to antagonism-violence. 

This perpetuation of Fear = antagonism-violence. 

The guru destroys the disciple, and the disciple destroys the guru.

I view you as my online authority, yet there is no movement of antagonism-violence between us.

You are my guru, but ALSO an equal nice fella who can chit chat on random topics in PM's like training, family life etcetera. 

Hence it doesn't have to be the way you describe. There can be a guru-disciple relationship, yet a common friendship on another level as well. 

At least that is true online it seems. 

No movement of fear is involved between us what I can tell. 

B|

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 hours ago, Feel Good said:

The problem with seeing everything as light, is your shadow is now that very thing.

You're speaking from stage green, and green sees everything as valid and equal. But that's not really the case, because what is happening is by seeing everything as light you're ignoring the relative realm. 

Perhaps this is an unwillingness to reinhabit ego and have to deal with the difficult aspects of relative reality?

That's stage greens shadow!

The problem is, you don't understand my perspective, you are seeing my perspective through green tinted glasses. It's a kind of pseudo understanding from your vantage point, but it's not a real resonance with my worldview because deep down you still believe that everyone and every idea has equal validity. 

I'm getting a little ahead of myself here because I'm not even at green yet properly, but I can see it's limitations already in forum.

This view appears to assume that problems/difficulties are part of a reality that is being ignored, whereas in fact they are part of the perspective that is perceiving them.

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

I view you as my online authority, yet there is no movement of antagonism-violence between us.

You are my guru, but ALSO an equal nice fella who can chit chat on random topics in PM's like training, family life etcetera. 

Hence it doesn't have to be the way you describe. There can be a guru-disciple relationship, yet a common friendship on another level as well. 

At least that is true online it seems. 

No movement of fear is involved between us what I can tell. 

B|

The fear-antagonism faceless speaks of could also be referring to when someone has their spiritual authority attacked/exposed, and the fear-defense-antagonism that can breed.  Disciples attacking the guru's critics,  the movement of fear rationalizing-dismissing the behaviour, etc. 

Basically the dependency on that authority and self-identification with that authority perpetuates fear that defends the authority, defends-sustains the identity with it.

Edited by robdl

8 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

No one is trying to destabilise or undermine you. You can only do that to yourself.

Cut the personal sniping.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@MarkusSweden

It’s more than fine to have discussion with each other. But the line must be drawn when it comes to psychological authority. It can be very subtle indeed to understand-see its effects on the stream of consciousness when one is caught up in the self feeding loop of fragmentation. 

We are friends, brothers, one of many “private mixtures” of consciousness. :)

1 hour ago, robdl said:

The fear-antagonism faceless speaks of could also be referring to when someone has their spiritual authority attacked/exposed, and the fear-defense-antagonism that can breed.  Disciples attacking the guru's critics,  the movement of fear rationalizing-dismissing the behaviour, etc. 

Basically the dependency on that authority and self-identification with that authority perpetuates fear that defends the authority, defends-sustains the identity with it.

Well said, and precisely what was implied...

To depend psychologically on an authority is the same as the self seeking security in its own movement of thought, (experience, knowledge, memory). This is the root of psychological insecurity. 

This is to nourish the false division between the knower and that which is knows.

To contribute to the disorder of thought and its mechanical reaction to fragment itself off from that which it seeks security in. 

To preserve the illusion of “the self”, the “psychological entity”, as being independent from the contents of thought itself. 

To shelter-harbor unconsciously, a spot for (fear-self), to conceal and preserve its own movement of self deception. 

To promote the activity of self sabotagedisguised as an aiding remedy. 

To advocate such irresponsibility is to assist in the continuation of the conditioned consciousness. 

There is nothing wrong with listening-learning from one another, that is essential, but to depend psychologically on one another only strengthens the disharmony in relationship with ourselves, and one another as a result of that. 

Everything I write can be observed by the reader as a fact that takes place in oneself, depending on if they are capable of listening-seeing the truth in that fact. 

If the reader doesn’t see what I write as fact, and instead sees it as concepts, theory, or abstraction, in which then that reader conforms too, then we have ourselves an ego seeking psychological security in an authority.

The same as the self seeking security in its own movement of thought.

Edited by Faceless

There definitely can be a position of power which can be abused by the 'guru' but I'm not going to assume that's what is going on. People who have followers/fans/students and the like have to be cautious about the dynamic between them and sure to not abuse that power they have.

In the situation of a guru like persona who claims some enlightened state they should not be slaves to the selfish desire even if there are desires that still manifest. I have found in my own experience that in the most awakened states there aren't any desires that arise in me....but I don't make any claim of anything.

Edited by SOUL

45 minutes ago, dorg said:

@Leo Gura Can we no longer present facts on this forum?

I meant, don't make petty personal attacks on other members of this forum. No one here cares about your stupid personal rivalries.

Discuss Mooji all you want. But do bring the facts, as mostly what I see here is projections, opinions, and speculation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In b4 thread gets locked. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Make sure you're proportioning your belief to credible evidence.  Talk is cheap.  Anybody can say anything or post anything on the Web.  Just because you're Enlightened doesn't mean you no longer have sex either.  Enlightenment is not a moral venture.  This is something taken from Religion not Enlightenment.  Enlightenment is simply (1) the recognition of the full illusion of Maya a.k.a. the full illusion of Thought and Experience, and (2) the recognition of the sole existence of the Self as God Awareness as the only thing that actually 'exists' in reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I would like thank everyone for posting. I have read everything here. The comments here range from the curious, to the concerned to the very doubtful. I understand.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am a genuine spiritual seeker who has raised a legitimate concern about Mooji. The concern is a pressing one for me, and involves my own spiritual path directly, as I did mention. 

I found Mooji's teachings very profound and I did, at the time, wish to travel to Portugal to visit Mooji's ashram, to explore the ideas he presented more fully. As it stands, I am no longer considering doing so.

I am avidly interested in spirituality and have studied traditional spiritual texts at length. One of my favourite texts would have to be the Tao Te Ching. I have also looked at the Shinto religion (the indigenous religion of Japan) and I have formally studied Zen Buddhism with a Buddhist Nun. I am very interested in transcendent experiences and spiritual enlightenment. I enjoy Sufi poetry, too. I suppose these claims are impossible to prove! Don't take my word for it. Be very skeptical... I could be anyone. You could be anyone.

I am anonymous, you are all anonymous (except perhaps for Leo) and the people who are making the allegations against Mooji are also anonymous. So we are all on equal footing. 

No, of course you should not believe everything you see written on the net. Just as you should not believe what is written in the newspapers or what is on the 6 o'clock news on TV. You should not believe it when people publish their memoirs, either, or when a new scientific report is published, for that matter. These things may or may not be true! How are we to decide? 

My purpose in writing here is simply to share my experience and to say "be careful".

I shared one comment from one individual who alleges Mooji takes advantage of young women, but there are many more comments out there. I chose that one comment that resonated with me, because I thought it was credible, in that it gave a lot of details and was told with emotion. 

I have spent many hours and read hundreds of comments now. I have managed to make contact with several of the complainants, too. So far, I don't mind doing this extensive research, as it saves me wasting my time and money going to Portugal and being mislead. 

Please feel free to continue the discussion in a thoughtful and respectful way.

18 hours ago, Toby said:

Dropping ego has nothing to do with dropping healthy boundaries and common sense. 

I agree 100%. 

15 hours ago, Martin123 said:

I went on reddit a read some testimonials of people coming back from the Ashram, and of course it is the internet and it can be misused, misunderstood, they could be lying to undermine him for some reason which are totally valid reasons why be skeptical about it. However I couldnt help but feel the sheer terror, confusion and trauma of the people confessing their experiences in the ashram, and I was so sorry that this has been happening in the name of spiritual evolution. The energy of those confessions was similar to the energy of people who escaped abusive relatinoships, and lived to tell their tale. 
I dont mean to conclude anything, I dont mean to even create any sort of opinion, I am simply saying that any kind of abuse, especially in the name of spiritual evolution is not ok in any sort of book ever written, and it has to be dealt with, it has to be spoken about and it has to be brought to the awareness, not only the people who are victimized, but as well as all the perpetraitors unconsciously abusing others wake up and face the pain that is driving them to behave in confusing and damaging ways. 

I dont mean to bash mooji or spiritual teachers, I want an abuse free planet. 

Yes, I have read the comments on Reddit,  too. There is a discussion there called "Mooji and the #meeto movement." It's easy to find.

Also you might like to take a look at gururating.org 

I think the Mooji section has now been blocked in some countries. I wonder if it is to do with pending legal action (on either side)? Sorry... More conjecture! 

I bet Eckhart Tolle is also having some enlightened sex with other enlightened women without movement because they fully surrendered their ego's.

On 04/09/2018 at 0:24 AM, LaraGreenbridge said:

What disturbed me is that in one video, a young woman came up to the microphone during their "Satsungs" and began to say very jumbled, incoherent things. It was painful to watch, because this woman was obviously mentally ill. She laughed manically and then she flounced away, back into the crowd. I wondered why everyone there treated her behaviour as though it was 'normal'? Mooji just smiled and seemed very pleased. It was so damn odd. 

I have seen many times people in “spiritual” places who actually need psychiatric help. Ayahuasca ceremonies, evangelical churches, etc. I have seen reports of that even in Vipassana retreats.

Spiritual awakening is very easy to be confused with mental-illness. 

And it’s sad how those people get in a way disregarded in those places. For example, I have seen time and time again someone having a psychotic break on ayahuasca, and a pseudo-shaman saying: “Oh, you know what, you got evil spirits inside you.”

Yes, sometimes it’s just the ego resisting, but not always.

Regarding the sexual allegations, Brazil’s most famous guru, Prem Baba, who had the same guru as Mooji, is being accused of the same thing. In one case, it’s said a couple came to him as an attempt to save their marriage. In a private session with the woman, he offered tantric exercises, but then that evolved into sex.

44 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Regarding the sexual allegations, Brazil’s most famous guru, Prem Baba, who had the same guru as Mooji

Hey it’s gotta be his special technique! I bet there are special tools that have been blessed by the supreme godhead, MoojiDick and Babawood. Two ancient relics that have been said to have magical powers.

In legends they are mentioned as special genie bottles. Ordinary at first sight, but if you rub em hard enough...??‍♀️

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.