Noone Here

The Plant Paradox

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone read The Plant Paradox or follow Dr Gundry's diet? I'm 64 and have been so sick for so long I felt 80, but now I feel healthy for the first time since I was young. It's the LECTINS in plants that cause inflammation that cause most of our "old age" problems like arthritis, clogged arteries, autoimmune diseases and every other non-diagnosable complaint. http://drgundry.com/philosophy/ 
Nightshades are poison but they make up most of our diets. They knew nightshades are poison hundreds of years ago. It's the skin and seeds that contain the lectins. 
http://noarthritis.com/research.htm 
I've only been on the diet a few months and feel AMAZING. I lost 20 pounds and gained tons of energy, and no more arthritis pain. You don't even need the book, he has everything online and there are people showing you how to make the recipes on youtube. 
There are great substitutions to nightshades and grains with lectins like yams, yuca, sorghum, arrowroot and nut flours, and it's fun to create new recipes. If you're having any health issues that you haven't been able to diagnose or cure check this out. You'll know if lectins are causing your problem in only 2 weeks. 
Be well. XO 

I can really vouch for this book, it is very well written and scientifically backed up. 

It also had big influence on my health. His approach is a little extreme for an average disease-free person but I would definitely follow his advice for any cases of illnesses, especially cardiovascular ones. 

hmmm interesting. i have reumathoid arthritis - i mean it’s mostly asleep at the moment because i figured it’s the proteins in milk and also any kind of meat. egg proteins are ok though, also butter is ok. 

most doctors still believe it’s animal fat acids but that would include butter. so that’s empirically at least in my case not it.

i also found out that galacto lipids in the kernels of rosehip can minimize the pain - they are blocking c-reactive proteins. so proteins in general seam to play a roll in arthritis and arthrosis.

i‘ll certainly have a look.

thank you @Noone Here !

Glad to hear you are feeling more healthful @Noone Here.  I personally have found success with the whole food plant-based ideology, but glad that you have found something that works for you.

Just for conversation, it is interesting how every "food faction", be it "plant paradox, whole food plant-based, atkins, paleo, keto, carnivore" diets all make the same claims to cure "arthritis, clogged arteries, autoimmune diseases and every other non-diagnosable complaint".  

It is dizzying for us consumers.  

@exhale yes that’s why we have to try it ourselves - but most of them are lies or only partially right. i also go with the plant based theory - my family was in preventive health care for two generations - i know most of the theories. some are hilarious. 

@Noone Here
Lectins don't cause all those problems for all humans, that's not well supported at all. Most likely, the reason why you feel better is because your gut is so impaired that you can't efficiently process these foods, so you're basically on an elimination diet. Or, you're just one of those individuals who does well on more animal flesh. 

As far as the elimination diet goes and why some folk may see improvements ditching grains/legumes, Brit explains it pretty well here.

And yeah, i'd suggest you follow @Wolfram Volpi 's link to Dr. Greger's ideas on this subject.

Btw, last week I met with a gentleman in Varanasi, India who is 123 years old and lives on dahl, potato & rotti. I'll be putting up a post shortly.

Edited by I Am That

If one awakens, don't worry about it. But if one is still on the mind paradigm, then a diet is a must to prevent premature aging. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Soulbass yes interesting - it describes the part where it seemed not congruent with nutritional reality - in almost all of east asia and india (and i grew up in a family of vegetarian whole grain eaters - and i can tell the suffering came not from the grains or the pulses)

also tried to go deeper into the topic of nightshades and still see something in the nightshade theory - i have allergic reactions to many nightshades and there seems to be something to it, for example is tobacco seen as one of the main triggers of arthritis. and when touching the green parts of tomato plants my skin turnes red very fast. i‘m still testing on direct effects of chili in relation to little inflammations.

but still i wouldn’t want to miss out on chili and tomato... and i wonder why mediterraneans (tomato eaters) or south east asians (chili eaters) seem so healthy.

Edited by now is forever

On 03.09.2018 at 5:33 PM, Noone Here said:

Has anyone read The Plant Paradox or follow Dr Gundry's diet? I'm 64 and have been so sick for so long I felt 80, but now I feel healthy for the first time since I was young. It's the LECTINS in plants that cause inflammation that cause most of our "old age" problems like arthritis, clogged arteries, autoimmune diseases and every other non-diagnosable complaint. http://drgundry.com/philosophy/ 
Nightshades are poison but they make up most of our diets. They knew nightshades are poison hundreds of years ago. It's the skin and seeds that contain the lectins. 
http://noarthritis.com/research.htm 
I've only been on the diet a few months and feel AMAZING. I lost 20 pounds and gained tons of energy, and no more arthritis pain. You don't even need the book, he has everything online and there are people showing you how to make the recipes on youtube. 
There are great substitutions to nightshades and grains with lectins like yams, yuca, sorghum, arrowroot and nut flours, and it's fun to create new recipes. If you're having any health issues that you haven't been able to diagnose or cure check this out. You'll know if lectins are causing your problem in only 2 weeks. 
Be well. XO 

Depends on your Awakened state. More dormant, one should avoid what you are describing. More awakened, more flexible. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I met somebody who is following the plant paradox who told me how helpful it has been for him, I have also looked at some of the book and have found it very helpful. I'm in the UK and would like to be in touch with others in the UK who are following this to talk about where we can source some of the things that are mentioned .

Would love to hear from anybody in general who's following it. Thank you.