Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

Last week, Kurt Willy Oddekalv, one of Norway's leading environmentalists, fell through the ice while trying to rescue his daughter's dog and died 63 years old. Back in the 90s, he was a regional leader of our largest environmental organization, The Norwegian Society for the Conservation of Nature (Naturvernforbundet), but he left due to conflict with the leadership and established his own organization, Green Warriors of Norway (Norges Miljøvernforbund). 

My dad has worked with him for almost 20 years and was interviewed in the local newspapers to talk about his life. I used to work in the restaurant below the headquarters of Green Warriors. I also worked with him alone one summer helping to renovate one of his rental houses (he suffered two strokes in 2016 which caused him to have reduced mobility and only being able to work 60%). He was known for having a strong personality, clear vision, fierce determination, controversial methods, and a deep love for nature.

kurt.png

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2021/01/14/thin-ice-killed-an-environmental-activist/ (English)

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/kR8oBv/minnes-oddekalv-oppvekst-som-innflytter-og-minstemann-skapte-miljoekrigeren (Norwegian newspaper tribute)

https://www.bt.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/Ln6Rdx/kurt-oddekalvs-liv-i-bilder (Local newspaper tribute)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I feel like this guys channel is Green.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"Riot is the language of unheard."

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Green does a lot of good. To be honest. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

37 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/229kyfLAXV2SWTj4XCvPcW?si=bZx96I77RteeCZKFVtecWg

For the past 6 months I have been collecting music that reflects the Green worldview in this playlist. 

Your suggestions for additions are appreciated, I am constantly looking for new music to add to this collection. ?

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

The question is, is it really possible to literally win capitalism, by being the richest guy on the planet, while also saving the planet at the same time?

Personally, I think the two are polar opposites. You don't just end up on top of the food chain by caring about your surroundings. The system isn't designed like that. It's survival. To win capitalism, you have to put profit above all else, which is literally the opposite of saving the planet, or putting all else first. And then we look at those people to save us.

This is the problem with modern philanthropy. It's only the greediest, most ambitious ones that suddenly find themselves in places of power to produce actual lasting change. And they won't... Time and time again. This is not a coincidence. You can't just shift from egoic greed to selflessness overnight. Yet that's exactly what we expect from people like Bezos or Elon Musk. But they're businessmen, and businessmen first. Otherwise they wouldn't have made it this far. Any other way, the system would have obliterated them.

I think looking at these people as the saviours of humanity is a big mistake. The same way looking at presidents to fix all of our problems is. Saving humanity, or rather moving humanity forward, takes heart and actual care. Which takes time, effort and spiritual growth. Lots of it. By all of us. Not just that one rich guy. If we as a collective want to see a more unified planet, we have to stop putting all of our faith in individuals. Sure, they can help. But not by themselves.

Edited by Hello from Russia

^ How a typical stage green person demonizes capitalism

Edited by Hello from Russia

39 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

^ How a typical stage green person demonizes capitalism

Criticises