Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,024 posts in this topic

Just now, diamondpenguin said:

@Preety_India your very hippie though. Guessing that was a sarcastic statement.

Lol really? 

Hey I actually thought I wasn't a hippie. 

Well then good to know from someone else. It's good to be a cool hippie smoking grass under a tree in the forest 

~~hippie vibes—> @Preety_India <—

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Lol really? 

Hey I actually thought I wasn't a hippie. 

Well then good to know from someone else. It's good to be a cool hippie smoking grass under a tree in the forest 

~~hippie vibes—> @Preety_India <—

I feel hippie is the most relative term on the planet. I have no idea what it means most of the time -_-

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard it means a person who lives in their spirit, and doesn't care about the world, a rebel. 

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

@Forestluv  "There is the blue one who can't accept the green one" xD

Omigosh! I never noticed that. Nice catch! It fits the the song really well ? 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

For all the shit that progressives talk at the Lincoln Project, their actually philosophy is spot-on.

These guys need to form a sane conservative party because conservatives are not going away. It's simply of question of: will we have sane conservatives or bat-shit crazy ones?

I actually feel bad for sane conservatives because in the era of Trump they have no voice. It's Trump or nothing at all -- and that is no sustainable. It is possible to be a reasonable conservative, but they get no voice.

Progressives make a mistake when they demonize reasonable conservatives like the Lincoln guys and David Frum -- leaving no alternative but bat-shit crazy.

This matches an intuition I've had for a long time now; because fact of the matter is that Conservatives aren't going away our lifetime, but there's no reason why healthy Conservatism shouldn't be within the bounds of a functional pluralistic Democracy (unlike the proto-fascism of Trump).

Having reasonable and sane people on both sides of the political isle does nothing but benefit the system as a whole, and progressives lump the halfway reasonable conservatives with the batshit crazy ones to thier own detriment.

I also feel bad that people of integrity who happen to be Conservative have no representation on a National Level. I never understood why some elements on the Left demonized people like John McCain, who from all accounts was a decent and honorable person. I guess hindsight is 2020 when all the reasonable people have been driven out of the Republican Party until all that's left are proto-fascist bottom feeders.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

progressives lump the halfway reasonable conservatives with the batshit crazy ones to thier own detriment.

This is the definition of tribalism, and it's happening on both sides. Although the conservatives do it worse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Not only a prime example for stage green, but also a super powerful example for a very healthy life purpose (except the ultra stoner side of things lol). RAW Founder Josh Kesselman made his passion for weed and rolling papers into an inspiring career and gives back to the world, by helping impoverished regions in the world. He's also extremely transparent considering his business and shows a lot of insiders about how he wants to create "the ultimate smoking experience" - especially through his sharings on Instagram. This also makes him a crazy good example for marketing. I'll post the link, but he's private on Instagram (this means you have to follow him, in order to see his content). All in all a very inspiring persona. Smoke up!

https://www.youtube.com/c/RawPapersOfficial/videos

https://www.instagram.com/rawkandroll/

Ecosia. It's probably the most effective way for us consumers to save planet just by implementing one small change. Ecosia is the search engine that donates 80% of it's profits to planting trees and reforestation in Third World countries, elevating people from poverty. If you don't believe me, just go to ecosia.org and check out the perfect example of cutting-edge stage green example of digital activism. They are also great privacy wise, meaning they will never sell your data. I find this the best example of modern activism, replacing stage orange search engine like Google with stage green search engine Ecosia.

Now, main argument is that all the other search engine give poorer results. While that is true, Google is biased and knows all of your data so of course it gives better results for you. It's not that Ecosia is technogically inferior to Google, it's just the fact that it doesn't collect data about you. For 90% of your daily search activities, you probably open your browser and type in "YouTube", or search a site that you always go to. If you set Ecosia as your daily search engine, those daily searches add up a lot and every day you can plant on average 1 tree. When you specifically want to search a site or have a question that is hard to find online, simply go to Google and search it there. But your daily practices cumulatively add up a lot and in no time, you will help the planet and all of the humanity by ton.

Edited by Old Wolf
grammar

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Many people get consumed with demonizing Green to the point that they forget the positive broader aspects of Green. Green is easiest to troll and target yet difficult to embody in depth. 

This is wonderfully illustrated in the following comments. 

10 minutes ago, louhad said:

yes, exactly! that said, from my perspective at least,  the stage green value system and worldview is better equipped to facilitate our collective survival given our current economic and social conditions. 

If you ask the average conservative what the biggest problems in our country are, most would say something like: abortion, transgendered people, antifa, atheism, lack of family values, people being lazy, big government, and marxist academics(if we are being real, I'd say that a majority of republicans are conspiracy theorists). 

Those operating within the domain of blue/orange can't seem to even cognitively register things like income inequality, healthcare inequality, educational inequality, systemic racism, and climate change as the existential threats to our survival that they are. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@louhad agree. Stage Green recognizes the broader aspects of societal issues that usually hit home. It's less egoic and less deluded. 

There's a place in Germany's Hamburg called Sternschanze. Probably the most green place I've been to.

sternschanze.png