Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

Thought I'd pop in here real quick and give a mention to Daniel Quinn's work, as it was a big influence for my transition in worldview from Orange to Green.

"Ishmael is a 1992 philosophical novel by Daniel Quinn. The novel examines the hidden cultural biases driving modern civilization and explores themes of ethics, sustainability, and global catastrophe. Largely framed as a Socratic conversation between two characters,[1] Ishmael aims to expose that several widely accepted assumptions of modern society, such as human supremacy, are actually cultural myths that produce catastrophic consequences for humankind and the environment."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael_(novel)

ishamel.jpeg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I don't think there's a single person on the planet who's more green than Rob Greenfield. He's the ultimate example of stage green. He even has green in his name lol

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Duncan Trussel is so close to yellow here. He's still in green by shaming people who can't have empathy or compassion for everyone equally but he catches himself  doing this, so I think he's close. He seems high green to me.

Focused on environmental art activism 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Haven't seen many video game examples listed in this thread, but Undertale is a wonderful example of what a stage Green video game can be. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a deconstructionist take on role playing video games, asks the player to have empathy for the Monsters you encounter on your journey, and challenges them to solve problems through means other than violence.

It manages this while also not taking itself too seriously, and is a humorous game filled with puns and amusing scenarios.

I think that alot of nineties Gen X culture that I grew up with can be seen as a sort of transition between the Orange and Green value systems; the Consumerism of Orange mixed with the heart of Green.

Edited by DocWatts

14 hours ago, Evil Raccoon said:

That was an incredible episode hits so many points - ideology, propaganda, superiority complex, going along with the masses.

Precious Plastic

Stage green and beyond

This is Precious Plastic who makes open source machines tutorials - sharing CAD drawings, videos, etc for everyone to build to ultimately fight plastic waste around the world. Definitely worth a watch and all their other videos.  

And this ambitious self-sustaining living project "Project Kamp"

On 8/13/2020 at 3:06 PM, Leo Gura said:

Dude, if you had a kid, you'd by him an ice cream cone. So chill.

We were actually contemplating  on having kids with my partner recently, I'd like to make the kid go gluten-free, sugar-free from the get-go, maybe even dairy-free, so I might not buy him one, but who knows

On 8/17/2020 at 7:44 AM, Kailash Bhattarai said:

Damn, such an amazing stuff. I am currently trying to find out about nudist beach in the area that I live, want to experience some taste of that culture

Edited by Hello from Russia

48 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

I'd like to make the kid go gluten-free, sugar-free from the get-go, maybe even dairy-free, so I might not buy him one

Sounds like your kid will grow up to be a heroin junkie :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like your kid will grow up to be a heroin junking :P

He can still have delicious gluten-free coconut icecream with cocoa beans ;)

The biggest thing money buys is not happiness, but freedom to not be someone else's bitch.

Being someone else's bitch can make you very miserable.

But once you stop being someone else's bitch, life will still be difficult and full of new challenges. Now you gotta grapple with the biggest challenge of all: not being your own bitch.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

He can still have delicious gluten-free coconut icecream with cocoa beans ;)

I approve this message.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins