Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

This is part 1 of his series on anarcho-pacifism. It's a stage green ideology.

Watched this last night. Great film based off a true story. Example of an almost cliche Green teacher entering a school with stage Red students, realizing her kumbaya approach won't fly and employing some stage Yellow thinking both in dealing with the Red students as well as with the Blue school board and her Orange father and husband. An example of a Green person reckoning with the limitations of their own stage, employing different strategies to create effective systems in a dysfunctional environment. Great movie for analyzing Spiral Dynamics! 

On 16/08/2020 at 4:56 PM, Dragon Liege said:

JP's criticisms of vegans during covid and blm protests. I think he's criticizing from above. I don't know if he's healthy stage green or tier 2.

Stage Orange, I dont see how Stage Yellow would want to make a living off making fun of the other Stages. Just doesnt make sense to me. Stage Yellow would love and understand all the Stages and point out flaws where they are, but this guy is just demonizing to me. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 8/18/2020 at 6:05 AM, Rilles said:

Stage Orange, I dont see how Stage Yellow would want to make a living off making fun of the other Stages. Just doesnt make sense to me. Stage Yellow would love and understand all the Stages and point out flaws where they are, but this guy is just demonizing to me. 

True that does make sense. I think I jumped the gun on that one. Some of his criticisms in the video do have a point which is why I thought that. He seemed to understand that people needed needs met before that start caring about animal activism.

I do think some of JP's other videos can be used to weaponize against stage green, which is why I had that thought on his other videos. Yeah he probably has aspects of orange.  I also think he comes off as stage orange in some of those videos.

The video that made me doubt he's stage orange is him making fun of Atheism. At least I think he is. I will have to watch many more videos of his to see where he's at on the spiral. I really can't tell.

Polyamory seems like a stage green thing to me.

Relationship Anarchy is stage green.

Part of BDSM is green and I think other aspects can be orange or red. Non sexual BDSM does exist too. I say BDSM is partially green because it can involve intimacy even non sexual BDSM.

Asexual relationships???

AKA, friendship.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Asexual relationships???

AKA, friendship.

You can have a romantic relationship without involving sexual attraction, just like you can have sex without a romantic component.

13 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

You can have a romantic relationship without involving sexual attraction, just like you can have sex without a romantic component.

I wonder whether "romantic feelings" could be just a form of sexual attraction, albeit different  from necessarily having the desire to have sex

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

1 hour ago, ItsNick said:

I wonder whether "romantic feelings" could be just a form of sexual attraction, albeit different  from necessarily having the desire to have sex

It's not. For most people, their romantic and sexual orientation is the same, but there are people who are cross oriented. Alloromantic asexuals and allosexual aromantics are the most common. I have heard of cross oriented allosexual and alloromantic people as well. Allo meaning to opposite of A when it comes to orientations just in case someone reads this and didn't watch to video.

Luxander went on a rant about people being against the term bi/pan lesbians. One of their reasons is that it's bisexual and pansexual women that only want to date women. That's an example. There's also bisexual heteroromantic people too.

If I had to guess, I'm pansexual aromantic myself. You could say I'm technically grayasexual because of my lack of caring to get laid since there's a label for that too therefore I'd technically be on the spectrum. I'd still say there's a difference between feeling that someone's hot and wanting to be in a romantic relationship with them considering I felt indifferent to the latter. People still get me horny although I'm confused why incels are so mad that they're not getting laid. I find incels unintentionally funny honestly.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Asexual relationships???

AKA, friendship.

Nah.

Aromantic relationships you could say that for. They're called queerplatonic relationships, but yeah they're a different type of friendship basically.

15 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I don't find this to be hard to grasp at all.

An intersex person talking about the surgeries they had to take without consent. I think this is stage green.

@Dragon Liege Yeah I know about cross orientations and the terms you used.

I only considered the possibility that perhaps romantic feelings and sexuals feelings cannot be completely seperated. As in, romantic feelings toward someone being some form of sexual attraction that is different from conventional sexual attraction. Because you are still attracted to someone (regardless of their sex or gender) for some reason. I think that maybe that's sexual energy too.

I don't know for sure of course lol, but just thought about it a bit because I found it interesting

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

20 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

This. Makes a lot of sense to me because in my early teens I used to have a big desire for romantic love but not sex. I would fantasize about romantic relationships but never about sex (weird but yeah). 

zlo2z.jpg

I have personally felt all of these independently (I believe) from each other at some point. 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi