Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,022 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, VerballyHazardous said:

@tenta

I find this channel to be orange.

I don't believe the channel creator is really stage green, but the videos have at least green aspects to them.

Alain is still pretty Orange himself but this is a very Green even Yellow way of thinking about Orange. 

Status/money/materialism/fomo

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Step on this girl's shoes. Watch till the end.

@Keyhole Tales of apocalypse have existed in every generation of humans for thousands of years.

Take them with a grain of salt.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Do you guys think that the human race is doomed?

Doomed is relative, what does it mean? Humanity is doomed when there are 100.000 of us left? 10.000? 1000? 0? where do you draw that distinction? maybe its not even about number? is going back to a hunter gatherer society being doomed? is living in a post war dictatorship doomed? maybe being doomed is just when humanity doesnt fit your idea of what humanity is supposed to be? keep thinking about it!

Edited by Rilles

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Keyhole Tales of apocalypse have existed in ever generation of humans for thousands of years.

And yet, many of them have come true. It takes more than a few apocalypses to destroy a cancer like humanity. It's not likely that we're going to go extinct, but that does not disprove the possibility of huge disasters. Excessive growth calls for incisive surgeries by mother nature.

Edited by The observer

35 minutes ago, The observer said:

And yet, many of them have come true. It takes more than a few apocalypses to destroy a cancer like humanity. It's not likely that we're going to go extinct, but that does not disprove the possibility of huge disasters. Excessive growth calls for incisive surgeries by mother nature.

Almost none of them have come true.

Predicting that disasters will happen is the easiest thing in the world. Many disasters will happen to life. So what?

Mother nature is not fighting mankind. This would make a devil of mother nature. Mankind is fighting its own ignorance.

@Leo Gura

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Many disasters will happen to life. So what?

It's usually an indicator of collective ego being out of check. Nothing random about nature. We're not talking only about natural disasters though.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Almost none of them have come true.

Are you familiar with the religious narratives? Try reading the Bible or the Quran. Almost every single prophet warned his people of God's punishment because they were full of ego and ignorance and out of tune with nature. Excessive growth calls for a balancing force. Eventually, the punishments did come through. Genesis Flood and Noah's Ark as one example.

If you don't believe in the wisdom of religion, then explain what WW1 and WW2 were.

Edited by The observer

5 minutes ago, The observer said:

Almost every single prophet warned his people of God's punishment because they were full of ego and ignorance

Hehehe, this is like warning that pissing into the wind will get you wet.

It is not a punishment of God when you piss into the wind.

Ogre is the embodiment of green, fraying into yellow.

Appearing on a Russian pseudo-propaganda network to decry authoritarianism was also pretty subversive in my opinion.

:(

(US' Trudeau?)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

:x

Edited by Lyubov

Human Potential Movement/Esalen

9 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura 

Ayo, Leo! In this stage green thread you mentioned Anita Sarkeesian. I have a question, you worked as a game developer for bio shock in the past before you found a personal development career. Tell me, did you notice an sexism while working there? How about misogyny in character development?

Actually, yes, game development is horribly male dominated and white dominated.

I was a bit shocked how little diversity existed at my game studio.

Of course the major reason for this is that feminine females do not play hardcore games much.

Try to find a hot female who is also a hardcore gamer. Very rare. I find that the more feminine a woman is the less she cares about hardcore gaming.

I have been listening to Cornel West recently. Although he is brilliant in politics and African-American Culture, I find him to be an inside the box thinker for a philosopher. I have yet to hear him talk about things like the nature of thought, nature of mind, nature of language, experience, reality, the structure of beliefs, awareness and consciousness. These things are absolutely essential for “philosophers”.

I think he’s a good case study for stage green. He has healthy stage green qualities no doubt but don’t forget to look at his limitations. He is lost in thinking yet knows nothing about the nature of the mind. The love he talks about is a moralistic sort of love based in survival, not the love for existence as it is; not the love for isness. Imo that’s the difference between yellow and green, yellow realizes morals don’t exist. Turquoise realizes and appreciates consciousness.