Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

Overall not much interested in the Substance Stages of SD, although most should be, because militant Greens ( NO SAFE SPACES) have the potential of plunging humanity into another Dark Age, as Blue (SD 4) did a millennia ago,...not in the name of some theistic belief, but an Aquarian belief in pluralism, such as everyone gets a prize.  

I do disagree with several "key words" from the first post:

Intuition over logic:   Green acts from feeling, not intuition.  "99% of what you feel is actually based on what you're thinking" - Adyashanti

Openmindedness:  implies a willingness to consider new ideas.  "First-tier thinkers (first 6 substance levels of Spiral Dynamics) cannot recognize the Second-tier on their own, and react negatively if challenged; lashing out whenever it is threatened."  Clare Graves

Spirituality:  Most have a personal definition of Spirituality, which has no grasp of Spirit.  Spirit....from the Latin spiritus, or breath,...relates to the in-breath (yang, masculine energy) and out-breath (yin, feminine energy) of duality's phenomenal world,...that is, how this illusory Dream reality breaths.  Spirit ONLY exists within the perception of separation.  Without separation, there is no Spirit.  Spirituality should imply that one has an awareness of the nature of Spirit,...Particle/Wave, Sphere/Torus, Yang/Yin.  

Femininity:   is among the most misunderstood words.  I've actually written a book on the subject called 'Collage - for integration with the Feminine.'   As for why the term feminine should not be associated with Green, nor any of the Substance Stages (SD 1-6) is this:  the Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle.

Compassion:  Yes, Greens like to view themselves as compassionate, yet it is merely a relative compassion.  Real Compassion belongs with Turquoise (SD 8).  "Buddhist teachings on compassion are grounded in the direct realization of emptiness; without which, compassion is impossible." HH Dalai Lama.

"The realization of emptiness and compassion arise simultaneously.'  Padmasambhava

Soul:  Gurdjieff made an interesting comment about soul:  "Blessed is he who has a soul, blessed is he who has none, but woe and grief to him who has it in embryo."
"Contrary to many opinions, just because you have a self, doesn't mean you have a soul."  Gabrielle Roth
"When we lack integrity, our souls can't inhabit us."  Gabrielle Roth

Heart:  from a spiritual point of view, any discussion of Heart should include the differences between Thymos/gnowledge and Psyche/knowledge.  Greens are not ready for such a discussion.

Love:  from a relative point of view there are many types of love which can be associated with the Substance Stages of SD,...biological, chemical, instinctual, emotional, or mental feelings.  Agape is an example of  mental love,...1 Cor 13:7 describes it as, "love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”  This form of love, that is, bearing, believing, hoping and enduring is not authentic love, but the submission, devotion, expectation and suffering to the conditions of their religions brewed beliefs.

"Love can never dominate the world until man ceases to live a primarily sensed existence and knows the Light of the spirit within him" - Walter Russell

Edited by V-8

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Intuition over logic:   Green acts from feeling, not intuition.  "99% of what you feel is actually based on what you're thinking" - Adyashanti

that`s wrong, intuition is part of all stages and green is def rediscovering intuition although yes green is acting on feeling but so is red - even the adyashanti quote can be read like a equation as the reversing circuit is equally possible:

99% of what you think is actually based on what you are feeling. this is because there is not really a difference between a thought and an emotion, emotion and thought and intuition are intertwined and can not be seperated. in that sense like red, green can be kind of impulsive, more sensual or analytic but this is based on other colours that play a roll in greens individual development, green has an intuitive access to emotions. all you criticise is that their intuitive access is based on that rather than on sytems thinking, green is where sytems thinking starts though it is the stage where a lot of basic knowledge about sytems is gathered. so again green approaches everything more intuitively.

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Openmindedness:  implies a willingness to consider new ideas.  "First-tier thinkers (first 6 substance levels of Spiral Dynamics) cannot recognize the Second-tier on their own, and react negatively if challenged; lashing out whenever it is threatened."  Clare Graves

this is a relative notice - green is the first stage that is openminded. ego control and openmindedness don`t confuse these two.

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Spirituality:  Most have a personal definition of Spirituality, which has no grasp of Spirit.  Spirit....from the Latin spiritus, or breath,...relates to the in-breath (yang, masculine energy) and out-breath (yin, feminine energy) of duality's phenomenal world,...that is, how this illusory Dream reality breaths.  Spirit ONLY exists within the perception of separation.  Without separation, there is no Spirit.  Spirituality should imply that one has an awareness of the nature of Spirit,...Particle/Wave, Sphere/Torus, Yang/Yin.  

what the op refers to is not the spiritual definition of spirituality, but the approach of green towards the world - green starts to intuit spirituality. you are pretty blue here expecting others to have the same spirituality as you have.

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Femininity:   is among the most misunderstood words.  I've actually written a book on the subject called 'Collage - for integration with the Feminine.'   As for why the term feminine should not be associated with Green, nor any of the Substance Stages (SD 1-6) is this:  the Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle.

green starts to leave patriarchal power structures, and in rediscovering a venus symbol it is def a gender of form.

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Compassion:  Yes, Greens like to view themselves as compassionate, yet it is merely a relative compassion.  Real Compassion belongs with Turquoise (SD 8).  "Buddhist teachings on compassion are grounded in the direct realization of emptiness; without which, compassion is impossible." HH Dalai Lama.

"The realization of emptiness and compassion arise simultaneously.'  Padmasambhava

again green starts to discover, and green also gives their best, so yes green is already compassionate, even a master had to start as a child.

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Soul:  Gurdjieff made an interesting comment about soul:  "Blessed is he who has a soul, blessed is he who has none, but woe and grief to him who has it in embryo."
"Contrary to many opinions, just because you have a self, doesn't mean you have a soul."  Gabrielle Roth
"When we lack integrity, our souls can't inhabit us."  Gabrielle Roth

depends on definition of soul and your beliefs - if you believe everything has soul, there can`t be a soulless being except those who say they don`t own one, maybe they are one. (couldn`t find anything about it in the op).

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Heart:  from a spiritual point of view, any discussion of Heart should include the differences between Thymos/gnowledge and Psyche/knowledge.  Greens are not ready for such a discussion.

if greens are not ready for a discussion about heart, it might be that they are still stuck in blue - heart chakra can be emotionally perceived if you are not ready to discuss heart chakra with green, maybe you are not there yet? sorry to be that blunt.

2 hours ago, V-8 said:

Love:  from a relative point of view there are many types of love which can be associated with the Substance Stages of SD,...biological, chemical, instinctual, emotional, or mental feelings.  Agape is an example of  mental love,...1 Cor 13:7 describes it as, "love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”  This form of love, that is, bearing, believing, hoping and enduring is not authentic love, but the submission, devotion, expectation and suffering to the conditions of their religions brewed beliefs.

that`s a definition of blue, not green.

Edited by remember

remember said
"if greens are not ready for a discussion about heart, it might be that they are still stuck in blue - heart chakra can be emotionally perceived if you are not ready to discuss heart chakra with green, maybe you are not there yet? sorry to be that blunt."

Thanks for proving my point.

Yes,...I understand it can be very difficult to hear that what you believe to be meaningful, is actually meaningless. At least Yellow (SD 7) would be open to learning at any time and from any source,  like bees that gather nectar from many flowers,...the Substance Levels are as caterpillars,...feeding off the land,...without the slightest idea of what a butterfly is.

As I quoted from Clare Graves, "First-tier thinkers (first 6 substance levels of Spiral Dynamics) cannot recognize the Second-tier on their own, and react negatively if challenged; lashing out whenever it is threatened."  

The lower 6 Substance Levels of Spiral Dynamics are tough places to be,...they believe they know all these things relative to their SD level, yet at Second-Tier all those beliefs are irrelevant.

The lower 6 Substance Levels of Spiral Dynamics are Sentient levels,...Sentient Beings in need of liberation from their sentience (as the Bodhisattva vow implies).

"The senses do not grasp reality in any way" Socrates

"Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth" - Lao-tzu

"The senses do not know, but man believes that his senses do know--and in that belief lies man's confusion" - Walter Russell  

“All that I have tried to understand to the present time has been affected by my senses; now I know these senses are deceivers, and it is prudent to be distrustful after one has been deceived once.” René Descartes

"True understanding does not follow from the sense-organs."  Buddha

"The only thing I do know is that when you open your eyes and look out into the world, there's one thing you are not seeing, and that is Now." Hinze Hogendoorn

“Phenomenally, we can know no present, as it must be in the ‘past’ before our senses can complete the process of recording it, leaving only a suppositional past and future; noumenally, there is no question of ‘past’ or ‘future,’ but only a presence that knows neither ‘time’ nor ‘space.’ ” Wei Wu Wei

"The entire illusion was never really there,
The six sense-organs are also thus."  Guan Yin/ Avalokitesvara

"the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."   Lao-tzu

"Do not seek it in the visible, or you'll be at it forever with no real results.  It's not visible, it's not part of the senses, it's before the senses, prior to the senses."  - Bentinho Massaro

"you think the material universe is all there is?  What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses?  Who are you Dr Strange?"  Ancient One; Dr Strange 2016

"Love can never dominate the world until man ceases to live a primarily sensed existence and knows the Light of the spirit within him" - Walter Russell

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

Make America Rage Again

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Gary Vaynerchuck talking about how many guys would be more happier as stay at home dads and many women would be happier as the financial strength but societies norms are keeping people from their authentic traits. Do you think, this is an example of post modern, stage green thinking, that  often times people's identities do not fit the categories that society displays for us?

Thank you

"John DID NOT DIE from eating a cheeseburger. He dosed correctly and his friends were in the room to help him."

Lol

Putting LSD next to heroin and the word "die" is absurd. The only thing that will die is your big fat ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura, I guess that's why they wrote: "she'd had the substance tested". You could only harm yourself if it was NBOMe or some other phenethylamine.

@Girzo More people die from lettuce than psychedelics. When was the last time you had your lettuce tested?

But I get your point.

@Leo Gura Yeah I don't like that they put LSD and heroin in the same advertisement but atleast it's still a more evolved drug overdose prevention campaign than we find anywhere else in the world

@Etherial Cat The emerging Stage Green society is still dealing with its Blue and Orange shadows. Backlashes like this are to be expected as even well-meaning people struggle with their own underdevelopment. A lot of the new Green energy probably had Orange or even Blue parents, which will obviously have left an imprint.

We’ll get there though. 

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Etherial Cat Prior to running for President, Trump was a Democrat. He supported gun legislation, has a strong anti-war bent to him and has said things off the cuff like "I love everybody", a very stage Green sentiment to have (and my gut tells me a least part of him truly believes that.) He seems pretty liberal when it comes to things like sexual identity and lifestyle choices, and in my estimation he doesn't have the psychology of a conservative.

The problem is that all of this is vastly overshadowed by his unhealthy Red and Orange, as well as some elements of Blue. The power dynamics of the toxic stage Red/Blue/Orange environments he puts himself in means that this Green shadow will never manifest in this lifetime. Had something different happened in his life - had he stumbled upon a hippie commune as a young man, or not been treated so poorly by his father, or something else to that degree - it's possible he may have developed this shadow more and ended up as just a usual, liberal NY socialite, instead of a toxic chauvinist president. Don't get me wrong, he still would've been deeply embedded in Red and Orange, as he is today, and controversy still would've followed him, but those aspects of him would've been tempered by a slighter deeper understanding of Green that could've made him less power-thirsty and narcissistic.

Edited by Apparition of Jack

This movie is pretty much about orange transforming into green

Steve Cutts has multiple stage green artistic videos on his channel

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

A fantastic example of two people elaborating on the Green mindset vs the Orange mindset, especially towards the end of the video. 

Below is a recent political video. It is one of my favorite political ads. It is tripping with healthy substantive Green. The video was not produced by the Sanders campaign. The video was created by people that have been moved and inspired by Bernie. It has a high level of creativity, human connection, egalitarianism, multi-cultural, empathy and love. For me, the video is very moving. I really hope Bernie wins and this essence permeates through the consciousness of humanity.  

This is hilarious. Green vs. Blue

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Serj Tankian is a powerful example of a stage Green musician. Former lead vocalist of System of a Down.

My favorite stage green quotes from the interview below:

Rainn: "Why do we hate?"

Serj: "Because we don't feel the interconnectivity of all things, otherwise it would just be us we are hating."

Rainn: "Do we need religion?"

Serj: "Organized, no. Disorganized, yes."

Edited by Time Boy

23 minutes ago, Time Boy said:

Rainn: "Why do we hate?"

Serj: "Because we don't feel the interconnectivity of all things, otherwise it would just be us we are hating."

burns_gif.gif

That even taps into a Turquoise way of thinking.

I was checking if it had been sent before, but this thread is so long now... This a neat green, right?

I know what oranges will say, these singers were doing if for the money or the promotion. Stop right there, maybe that's just the orange lense.

Were they naive? Maybe, but this was more than 30 years ago. There is still a lot of poverty in Africa, but some places have developed a lot in the last 30 years too. Did they help? They did what they thought was best, inspiring people with a beautiful song and raise money to help, I can't criticise them for that. Africa has stages to go through yet, so the USA and Europe, which are not mainly green yet, like this song is.