Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2019 at 0:15 AM, Serotoninluv said:

@Pacific Sage To me, this looks like a Blue-level internal conflict. One underlying Blue value is that killing is immoral (Thou Shall Not Kill). This is in conflict with Blue-level values of authority and obedience. . . To reach Orange, the protagonist would need to transcend his appeals to two authorities: One authority is an external god which says killing is immoral. The other authority is the military leaders saying killing is justified in war. When the protagonist transitions into Orange, he will transcend the authorities of both the external god and the military leader and realize his personal truth. He will realize he can construct his own moral framework that transcends that of a religious god or military leader. 

Someone at green would have a different orientation. They would see underlying religious dogma and military structure as the problem and want to deconstruct that. 

I see what you are saying. At Green it's more authentic than just following a rule. 

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

On 10/5/2019 at 0:07 AM, CreamCat said:

Going through surgeries so that one looks like the opposite sex puts a lot of stress on the body.

Acceptance of one's biological sex is physically healthier.

I wonder how it affects a person's mind.

3 hours ago, ivory said:

I wonder how it affects a person's mind.

Going through recovery after transgender surgeries looked really painful. I would not recommend it unless you absolutely have to go through the surgeries.

An introductory speech regarding the purpose of the civil disobedience movement of Extinction Rebellion. I highly recommend this speech to people who struggle with listening/hearing someone's message based on the speaker's appearance. The parrot is probably her spirit animal but she is definitely not parroting. Her speech is well constructed and can serve as a really good summary of stage green's preoccupation and worldview. IMO this seems like a healthy expression of green trying her best to enact change in policy and convey her message.

9 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Looks more like an example of a person who does not embrace their feminine side to me, rather than someone who is authentically expressing themselves, no?

Also, what is up with stage Orange. I really want to avoid it, but it seems like there is no way. It seems like stage Orange teaches you the lies that you are going to have to admit to yourself were lies in stage Green, no?

Finland's education system is ahead of its time! Has a lot of green and even some yellow systemic approaches to education. This is far beyond traditional stage orange schools most of us are familiar with growing up in the US, Canada, England, etc.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Anita Sarkisian is a great example of Stage Green SJW-type:

And the whole GamerGate reaction against her is mostly grounded in stage Blue/Orange.

GamerGate is a great example of how Tier 1 fights with itself, not able to understand each other. Each side feels self-righteous and therefore unable to learn from the other side.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.