Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

What do you think guys? The New Black Eyed Peas looks like a green to me. 

Would this be another inexpensive way to do meditation retreats? It's probably another option other than visiting 'enlightened masters' and signing up for a retreat in the US.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Is Auckland Peace Action as in this interview, and the spokesperson an example of "Stage Green"?

I see Leo just officially endorsed Bernie Sanders. What a disappointment. He is everything wrong with green and green taken way too far. Expand social security and Medicare for all? Are you kidding me? Really? We want to expand programs that are completely draining our resources and our bureaucratic and corrupt and do not work? And the green New deal that forces you into compliance. More corrupt government? Really? Haven't we learned our lesson yet? I've been in government and its really really bad. Just in case you don't know, government almost completely squanders our money right now. Don't you think they're going to continue to squander it? So let's give the government more money to squander? I'm all for stage green as long as government is not in charge of it.  I'm all for nonprofits and recycling and saving the planet through voluntary cooperation and charity. I'm all for PETA and Greenpeace and organizations like that who have to convince people voluntarily to cooperate. people who are convinced to cooperate voluntarily have a dog in the race instead of just being dragged along. Isn't that the point of spiral Dynamics? To progress voluntarily up the spiral instead of have it forced upon you. It's about realizing you need to progress up the spiral and coming to self realization. Government is not going to do that for you or society. And educating people through advertising about saving the environment. And then getting their voluntary compliance by convincing them to change their ways. But to have it forced upon people? That's green taken too far. That's green at its excess. Sorry Leo you're just wrong on this one. As far as health care goes there's other ways to reduce the cost of healthcare so it is affordable for everyone. The healthcare programs that are run by government right now are horrible. We don't want more of that. I forgive you Leo because you probably have very little experience with government being that you're an entrepreneur. The VA is the poster child for this nonsense. On paper it all sounds great but it doesn't work. Not only does it not work, but it's forced upon you through taxation, and it's just bad healthcare. The green New deal sounds great on paper. That's until you look at all the details and how much is going to cost. And then you want the corrupt government to somehow regulate businesses? I'm sure you're going to say that we'll fix government. It's never happened and it never will happen. It's a pipe dream. It's been tried many times and it hasn't worked. With Bernie Sanders is just going to get worse. But then again I guess that's a positive because people will be so fed up with it they may morph into Stage yellow out of utter disgust. Maybe that's your plan Leo. Elect Bernie Sanders so he can screw up everything and we can all progress up the spiral. That's if the United States exists after he's done with it and we have any money left. we would be so poor that we would be a third world country with all these government programs he wants to institute. We're already in a massive amount of debt. Leo you're great and your teachings are great. But when you start talking about politics you flop. If you could only be on the inside of government and see how horrible and worthless it is you would change your mind. I haven't seen a good candidate yet that's any good. Hopefully someone will appear that is worth voting for. But in the decades I have been able to vote I've never seen a major party candidate that's any good. So I'm not hopeful. Bernie Sanders may be stage green but his policies and ideas suck. He's going about it all the wrong way. Let's go point by point on his agenda here:

Medicare 4 All - it's forced on you through taxation and government-run health-care sucks already. Why would we want more of what already sucks?

Green New Deal/climate - it's forced on you through regulation and it's going to cost trillions of dollars that we don't have and never will have. let people voluntarily come to the realization that they need to save the planet. If we all die in the meantime and they don't come to that realization, that's okay. The universe and God will still be here.

$15 min wage - some people aren't worth $15 minimum wage. Some people are just poor employees and lazy.

Criminal justice reform - whatever that means but sure I'll go with that. I wouldn't put much stock in the government fixing anything but I guess.

Free college - forced on you through high taxation and will cost way too much. You can go to community college already at a very low cost. Then you prove yourself and get scholarships. Live at home, take out a loan, go to community college for 2 years first at very low cost, etc. 

Break up biggest banks - why break up the biggest banks? there's plenty of options for people out there already including small Banks and credit unions.

Campaign finance reform - sure I'll go with this one. Only individuals should be able to contribute to candidates instead of businesses.

Gender pay equity - I personally can't speak on this because I've never seen any inequality in this area. but if it does exist and you're that high quality of a candidate, I don't think business cares. They will pay you what you're worth and what you can demonstrate to make them money. I don't think they care your gender if you're making them money. 

Paid leave - we already get paid leave don't we? 

Lower drug prices - I agree but there's other ways to do it than using the government to lower prices and forcing it on business. if anything government should allow businesses to compete more and across state lines. The real problem is too many people are on drugs and they're prescribed way too easily. And most people don't take care of themselves. That's a much bigger issue. 

Expand Social Security - not sure why we would want to expand social security since it was never meant to be a retirement system but it's already very costly and I wouldn't want government to regulate and control my finances anyway. Privatize it and give it to the people who put into it and let them manage their finances.

Save unions - last I checked Unions still exist. Anyone can form a union at any time as far as I know. They're not against the law.

DREAM Act - probably good but I'd like to see the details.

Background checks & assault weapons ban - I guess this is okay but it still doesn't do anything to stop the people from getting guns on the black market. But then again if a criminal comes into your house with an assault rifle to shoot you how do you protect yourself if you only have a handgun? And how do you protect yourself against the government if it gets out of control? They have assault weapons so why shouldn't you be able to have them? That's the point of the second amendment. When Hitler comes to get you and he has a assault rifles and you don't, who's going to win that battle? 

Affordable housing - as far as I know housing is affordable and always has been for those reasonably trying to make a living unless they're just sitting on their butts. 

New infrastructure - how much is that going to cost? Let businesses build new infrastructure and charge tolls like they do in other countries and in some parts of our own country. Instead of forced taxation you have a choice. if you don't want to get charged you don't drive on that road. 

Opposing military industrial complex - I do agree on this one that our military is way too big and it shouldn't be in any other country of the world. It should be greatly downsized and only exists to protect our borders from enemy invasion.

Legalization of weed - yes legalized all drugs. Government should not be regulating anything. 

Abolish private prisons - yes I agree business should not be in charge of criminal Justice because there would be a obvious bias. Making money.

End cash bail - can't speak on this one because I don't know much about it and have never heard that it's a problem. I don't know what the alternative would be.

Major police department reform - yes I agree with this. Another prime example of government corruption. 

@giglio Evolving through each SD stage involves a transition, crisis and resistance - at both the individual conscious level and the collective conscious level. It is part of the evolution.

Community connection, love and welfare over self-centered excessive individual separation and materialism. It seems some traditional libertarian conditioning is restricting your evolution and expansion.

Many of your concerns are focused on an extreme blue/orange level government. If government evolved to Green-centered, it would be expressed very differently.

If you go full Green, you won't go back. It is sooo much deeper and meaningful than Orange and traditional libertarianism. I found traveling and immersing myself within various cultures helped expand my consciousness and evolution into Green. As well, Leo made high quality videos on Orange and Green. In particular, the end of the Orange video and beginning of the Green video focuses on the stage transition. Yet theory is quite limited. One really needs to immerse themselves in the direct experience for embodiment.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

This song is so beautiful. Oozing Green Love. Thanks for sharing it @ajasatya :x

:x

unborn Truth

Lovely song

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Any movie that's over 8 on IMDB with a lot of ratings is most likely good, this one has 8.3. I've seen it and it is good. Viggo is such a great person. Somewhat of a semi-genius, being an actor, producer, author, musician, director, photographer, poet. Although I disagree with his politics I admire him for it.  Social democrats have a good heart.

... Mortensen first endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.[39] When Sanders lost the nomination, he endorsed Green Party candidate Jill Stein.[40] He wrote an open letter just before Election Day 2016 where he listed the reasons he disagreed with Hillary Clinton and could not support her in the race against Donald Trump, though he also thought that Clinton would be elected president in the end. He went on to narrate a viral documentary, The Revolution Televised, about the 2016 presidential election and the protests in the aftermath of the Democratic National Convention.

Edited by Outer

The best example of a Green band I can provide. Loved them for years when my dad showed them to me, listening to them now.

Dub Fx

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.