Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

A little hello from Russia. Shame that there are no subtitles, though. Seems to be a little more advanced than burning man, but still very green.

5 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

I cant decide if Wim Hof is really Yellow or Green what do you think?  

I think he might even be Turquoise. He is a very unorthodox yogi. 

You can't get more punk-rock than the monk Thích Quảng Đức who burned himself alive. Self-sacrifice in the name of protest against the government. And since I mentioned punk rock, I think Yegor Letov - a Russian musician was not only a good example of Green (through his protest music), but also a good example of going full circle. He started of as an anarchist, made anti-soviet songs. Then, after the fall of USSR he claimed to be a radical communist (basically a fascist) and joined the ultra-left wing. Then, after he realised his image as a cultural icon was simply exploited for the political agenda of those people, he became apolitical. He also moved from punk/noise rock to psyhedelic rock. You could say he moved on to Yellow.

I feel like the punk movement in general is a good example of transient stage in Green & moving up the spiral, because at some point it starts to contradict itself. (Expressing yourself in a conformist way while claming to be a non-conformist.)

Edited by Cyberfunk

We believe... we believe

We believe... we believe 

IN LOVE... in love

Interesting example here in turkey .. when stage blue and green combine together ! 

FB_IMG_1530643150355.jpg

Interesting example here in turkey which is a Muslim country .. but at the same time half blue half green ! 

TMPDOODLE1530644843786.jpg

Edited by Capital

2 minutes ago, Capital said:

Interesting example here in turkey .. when stage blue and green combine together ! 

What does the rainbow symbol mean for turkish people? Is she lesbian? 

Just now, Elisabeth said:

What does the rainbow symbol mean for turkish people? Is she lesbian? 

Yes .. it represents lesbians or gays 

I feel like this guy might be at stage green. It's possible that he might even be at stage yellow in certain respects.

Green chastising Orange:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is this Turkish movie; a very nice example of the struggle of the green stage with blue, and the results of their ignorance of orange where the blue needs that improvement before getting into green.

In the movie the intellectuals and artists decide to move to a simple town to actualize their idealistic dreams about green life -unfortunately- without acknowledging the orange and blue stages. Naturally it's a situation comedy. But at the end of the movie there are some systematic solutions to the case.

The tention rises up after they learn that the government wants to build a thermal power station there. 

Natives get hopeful and happy, since their farming doesn't fullfil their needs and expectations from life and they don't understand these green people at all, then the greens try to educate them without connecting to them in their level.. That was such a nice movie; was miroring the differences and creating consciousness about interconnection between stages.

Lawrence Antony: saves elephants, then after his death, 31 elephants walk 112 miles to say their goodbye to their friend; elephants stay in front of his house for 2 days and 2 nights without eating anything then they return back. 

It is said that when the elephants felt his death to start walking to his house he was still alive, but they couldn't catch his last breath; yet they still paid their respect by treating him as if he is one of their tribe.

CollageMaker_20180704_164653992.jpg

CollageMaker_20180704_164801864.jpg

Edited by Sevi