Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

Jordan Peterson is not at Stage Green.  I hate to be the reality-check police.  I'm not gonna argue with you about it here either.  Go figure it out for yourself.  Do the work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@stevegan928

of course it is not that simplistic. To clarify my thoughts:
-Green is generelly interested in spirituality, divine love, shakras etc.    But a lot of green people just want to take psychedelics and go to a festival or do a 30 minute group meditation sitting and then spend hours singing kumbaya

-Yellow is of course also into non duality etc. but has the big picture understanding of how hard it actually is to liberate your mind.

During vipassana retreats, the techer SN Goenka always proclaims how important it is to "work diligently" and he says one must meditate 2 hours for the rest of his life etc.    My view: Green people want to deny the amount of hard, rigirous work it takes to really advance onesself. And the woman in the video is basically just complaining that the silent meditation is too difficult

This is basically the way to transcend to yellow. You take the love, compassion, goodwill and empathy from green but combine it with discipline and systems thinking

Would love to hear your thoughts

5 hours ago, sleeperstakes said:

Do you guys think Joe Rogan is stage green?

Rogan has a lot of Green in him despite his macho proclivities.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, stevegan928 said:

@Ferdi Le so is yellow basically just a hippie whose developed discipline? 

No.  That would be mistaking Yellow for Orange. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No.  That would be mistaking Yellow for Orange. 

not necessarily. One of greens dangers is being too idealistic and "lazy". More discipline is definately part of transceding to yellow

21 minutes ago, Ferdi Le said:

not necessarily. One of greens dangers is being too idealistic and "lazy". More discipline is definately part of transceding to yellow

Discipline is entirely an Orange and lower than Orange concept.  Yellow doesn't use discipline as a motivator.  Yellow is much more intuitive and adaptive than that.  Yellow is not forcing himself or herself to do anything.  Yellow understands how to go directly to the systems themselves and make much more sustainable tweaks and change than discipline can.  Discipline is unsustainable.  Discipline is way too mechanical for Tier-Two.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

When a green gets the hands of a Jed Mckenna's book they get depressed, then slowly spiral into yellow. Example with Julie in his first book. 

This is a great example of a green - blue interaction.

The video is in brazilian portuguese, but I think you guys will appreciate just how easy it is to understand what is going on even if you don't understand a single word of what they are actually saying.

The context of this conversation is the following: One of the best theater directors of Brasil, Zé Celso, went to a particularly young conservative congressman office, Fernando Holiday, to discuss about some kind of censorship and restraints that were being imposed to his art (known to be specially shocking and with some sexual taboo contents).

The blue and green archetypes are just so well represented in this video, that I laugh every time I watch it. It's perfect.

See for yourself

I cant decide if Wim Hof is really Yellow or Green what do you think?