Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Robi Steel said:

Ooh baby Kati Morton :x:x.

Duncan Trussell I think was the guy who got me into spirituality. It was only later that I found out that the guy who got me into making girls squirt also has a thing or two to say on the subject of spirituality, which lead me to being interested in deeper subjects like enlightenment. 

1 hour ago, Elisabeth said:

You also have to be at least somewhat relativistic to tolerate her metaphysics

I find her metaphysics to be annoyingly relativistic for some reason. Her content seems to be geared towards transitioning green people to yellow and yellow to turquoise. I can't see anyone in orange being able to stomach her even if they're orange/green. 

Something about that woman just doesn't sit right with me but it's probably from my lack of true self-love and feeling of unworthiness.  

I would give Terrance way more than green, but he has good foothold in there.

Edited by Clayman

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

32 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

I find her metaphysics to be annoyingly relativistic for some reason. Her content seems to be geared towards transitioning green people to yellow and yellow to turquoise. I can't see anyone in orange being able to stomach her even if they're orange/green. 

Something about that woman just doesn't sit right with me but it's probably from my lack of true self-love and feeling of unworthiness.  

Not sure, maybe the teaching is indeed yellow-ish. Yet I still place myself in orange-green overall personality wise (possibly I'm underestimating myself), though I do have the intellectual capacity for yellow. I don't seem to have shedded the achiever mindset completelly and I still react to some of the "orange" triggers (especially regarding science) ... but it's true that I've been introspecting into my emotional life for quite a while. 

I only started resonating with Teal Swan lately. I know that a few years ago all the "law of attraction" talk would put me off in an unsurmountable way. Now I mostly disregard it and take what's useful. Her advice on relationship and on integrating childhood issues is gold.

Anyway, no pressure, different people resonate with different teachers at different times in their life, I just thought her teaching would be excellent for green. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@Spacious I noticed that Peterson wasn't mentioned as stage green while Sam Harris was. I think since Peterson seems to have a more idealist view of the world than Sam he might be more open minded, however Sam seems really chill and non-emotional in the way he carries himself (maybe because of meditation) so maybe if someone actually laid out a really good argument against physicalism he'd be the one whose more willing to change beliefs. Peterson seems actually really triggered by post-modern ideas like nihilism to the point where I really don't think I could ever really see him exiting his current paradigm. I think it's because at his core he actually is a bit of a post-modernist and his metaphysics are set up in such a way that he can derive archetypal meanings out of anything. Not saying he's wrong but I just don't see him seriously contemplating the idea that maybe nothing has any meaning to it what so ever, he says he "gives the devil his due" but I seriously doubt that. If he did he'd realize there's at least just as good a case to be made for infinite meaninglessness and relativity as there is for infinite meaning and absolutism. 

I'd say this is an auditory/visual representation of Orange from the viewpoint of Green:

Edited by hedge

@Spacious He's trying to reconcile Blue religion/morality with Orange science. Which will never work without direct experience of the Infinite.

The Infinite IS the reconciliation.

You cannot comprehend the Infinite via the finite. Duality cannot fathom nonduality. A discontinuous leap in awareness is required.

All religion is an aping of nonduality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.