Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, Rilles said:

This is just a post looking at Stage Green values, I dont neccessarily agree with everything I post here. 

You don't have to agree.

This is a thread in which we share Green values for the purpose of enriching our knowledge/perception about that particular stage of the spiral ..

Whether we agree of disagree with some of the vMEME Green content displayed here, that's up to us.

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

This one is a little difficult to categorize...

Because it envolves the clash between two kinds of governments: vMEME RED/Blue authoritarian vs vMEME Green progressive...

But it seems to me that the invited guest shares a vMEME Green Worldview, so I decided to put the video here, but I found this video a little more nuanced to classify...

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 12/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, Rilles said:

47BA44A7-1AB9-4D95-B43F-3C74A208427C.png

Some of these are how it should be.

Obviously a person with significant disability will have less power.

Obviously a better educated person will have more power.

Obviously English-speaking people will have more power in an English-speaking society.

Obviously rich people will have more power than poor.

Obviously illegal aliens will have less power than legal citizens.

Obviously mentally unstable people will have less power.

Obviously a sexually fit person will have more power than a fat person who eats junk and doesn't exercise.

These are some of the oversights of Green. Unequal things are not supposed to be equal.

The thing is, humans don't value all things and all people equally -- this is necessary for survival. Therefore power will naturally accumulate where value is biased towards. Even a poor person values money. And even a fat person values physical fitness (in their mate). And even a disabled person values ability.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously English-speaking people will have more power in an English-speaking society.

Obviously a sexually fit person will have more power than a fat person who eats junk and doesn't exercise.

These are some of the oversights of Green. Unequal things are not supposed to be equal.

The thing is, humans don't value all things and all people equally -- this is necessary for survival. Therefore power will naturally accumulate where value is biased towards. Even a poor person values money. And even a fat person values physical fitness (in their mate). And even a disabled person values ability.

It's a hard pill to swallow but it's true.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

this is sobering for someone in stage green such as myself. 

it's so hard to believe how much group think stage green engages in, even-though it likes to think otherwise. This hasn't been obvious to me until I started following your work. 

TITLE: California Driver Leaves Car Door Open to Deter Thieves

Possible example of stage green problem solving. Lower stages tend to become paranoid when crime increases and increase security / punishments. Stage green transitioning areas may instead opt for more openness and negotiations to deter criminals. 

This game is a very good example of how to apply a healthy vMEME Green design to a product in an overwhelmingly vMEME Orange market like the gaming industry... also pay attention to the set of values that this game director shares, and the importance he gives to the emotions and the experience of the game's environment(vMEME Green) rather than the traditional rewarding/achievement feedback system(vMEME Orange). He also designed the game to be non-combative, which it's very unusual(for a first-person game)...

That's a very good case study for all of you guys who want to work with game design!???

Note: there's an extended interview with him on this channel,  but I decided not to post it here because it's a bit lengthy and technical,  but I'm telling you guys just in case you'd like to know more about the knitty gritty stuff..??