SageModeAustin

Value and Women

91 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Thanatos13 said:

Meditation and all that doesn’t mean anything if I take away the filters used to interpret the experience. Nothing changes as a result though it is hard to do since humans can’t help but attach meaning to things and events. It’s not like I wanted nothing to happen, I gave it my best attempt. But I cannot deny the results and I begin to question anyone who claims otherwise.

But you cannot imagine what it is like to be someone else. To say so would be a lie for you would literally have to inhabit their body or at least somehow occupy a space that lets you watch and feel as they do. Until such a thing ever occurs then you can’t really understand someone. Even comparing similarities doesn’t help since you don’t know their reaction. People are good at hiding things

You sort of answered my question about meditation, I'm guessing from that part that I highlighted that you meditated for some amount of time and it didn't work after a while. Though I would like to know specifics if your comfortable.

And you didn't mention anything on physcadelics.

What I'm getting at here, is that I'm open-minded, and so are others here. If you have compelling evidence and reasoning for why people should quit spirituality, then people will listen, so will I. And if you say you've meditated for 20 years everyday for a decent amount of time, meanwhile checking yourself to see if you meditated correctly, you've done several physcadelics and can debunk 'embodying non-dual' somehow (or you've done any other spiritual practice like those), then me and others would honestly listen. So be specific and try and convince me. 

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Nice observation! My intention is not to convince Thanatos of anything. You are correct about his mindset. However, there are other forum members that have a similar block as Thanatos. There are forum members that are genuinely trying to move past this block. There are a lot of members that read threads without posting. For them, I am revealing the nature of this trap and showing what a higher conscious view looks like. It will resonate and help some members. As well, I will use this thread to help individuals I advise in real life.  In particular, individuals trying to evolve from Orange to Green. I spent about 20 years as a strong Orange. I know it well . . .   I've got bigger fish to fry than Thanatos.

Oh.. I didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing that out :D

You all seem like you're wise and wonderful people. :D How long do you guys meditate daily? Just wondering. I personally go for about 20-30 minutes a day.

13 hours ago, Eo Ea said:

You all seem like you're wise and wonderful people. :D How long do you guys meditate daily? Just wondering. I personally go for about 20-30 minutes a day.

I do 20 minutes of do-nothing and 5 minutes of mindfulness. and occasionally I'll do an hour of do-nothing for no reason.

22 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Jamie Universe Well, I also got a bit grumpy with him. I’m not all angel ? ?

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm responding is because I'm guessing I got triggered by it, and my ego stepped in.

@Eo Ea Recently i've bumped it up to 50 minutes a day (25 minutes in the morning, 25 minutes at night) 

On 9/1/2018 at 6:48 PM, SageModeAustin said:

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

On 9/6/2018 at 0:08 AM, Jamie Universe said:

You sort of answered my question about meditation, I'm guessing from that part that I highlighted that you meditated for some amount of time and it didn't work after a while. Though I would like to know specifics if your comfortable.

And you didn't mention anything on physcadelics.

What I'm getting at here, is that I'm open-minded, and so are others here. If you have compelling evidence and reasoning for why people should quit spirituality, then people will listen, so will I. And if you say you've meditated for 20 years everyday for a decent amount of time, meanwhile checking yourself to see if you meditated correctly, you've done several physcadelics and can debunk 'embodying non-dual' somehow (or you've done any other spiritual practice like those), then me and others would honestly listen. So be specific and try and convince me. 

Oh.. I didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing that out :D

Unfortunately since most people on here base it on personal experience there really isn’t much to say other than nothing happened. Even the spiritual books only really had an impact if I believed their words, which is telling. Something doesn’t have to be true, one just needs to believe it so. 

On 9/5/2018 at 6:26 PM, Shadowraix said:

@Thanatos13 It seems like you haven't finished your journey in self inquiry..which is fine, I haven't either. Takes much work of contemplation.

You have not sorted out what you can and can't trust in yourself. (I still struggle with this myself)

Some more meditation and inquiry regarding this would be useful.

I did. The end result was that you cannot really trust anything. No matter what one does it doesn’t mean it leads to truth, but rather the endpoint of a certain set of actions/beliefs. That’s why “direct experience” is a myth in the way people use it. It’s just experience. But whether it is IT or not is based on a matter of faith or belief. 

Ever ask why self inquiry is important? Why does it matter? How do you know you are arriving at truth and not just crafting another story? We assume this leads to truth, but ultimately that is founded on nothing. You cannot trust anything. Your experience can be a lie, awareness too, senses, mind, all of it can be and you would never know. 

It comes back to Pyrrhonism. To suspend judgment on nonevident matters, and it’s all nonevident. 

@Thanatos13 I’ve gone through theses types of questions too. Sometimes things start to unravel and I feel like everything is groundless. 

47 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Thanatos13 I’ve gone through theses types of questions too. Sometimes things start to unravel and I feel like everything is groundless. 

Because eventually we stop questioning and just settle somewhere, which is fine.

But eventually people just reach a point where they stop. 

The irony of constant questioning is realizing how much is taken on faith, and also how pointless it is.

If you feel like everything is groundless it’s because it is. It’s all shaky ground when you get to it

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, Thanatos13 said:

Unfortunately since most people on here base it on personal experience there really isn’t much to say other than nothing happened. Even the spiritual books only really had an impact if I believed their words, which is telling. Something doesn’t have to be true, one just needs to believe it so. 

yea but that's why I want to know what you've done, because meditation tends to do that. and as far as basing progress off of direct experience I talked down below about it.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, Thanatos13 said:

I did. The end result was that you cannot really trust anything. No matter what one does it doesn’t mean it leads to truth, but rather the endpoint of a certain set of actions/beliefs. That’s why “direct experience” is a myth in the way people use it. It’s just experience. But whether it is IT or not is based on a matter of faith or belief. 

Ever ask why self inquiry is important? Why does it matter? How do you know you are arriving at truth and not just crafting another story? We assume this leads to truth, but ultimately that is founded on nothing. You cannot trust anything. Your experience can be a lie, awareness too, senses, mind, all of it can be and you would never know. 

It comes back to Pyrrhonism. To suspend judgment on nonevident matters, and it’s all nonevident. 

This idea your explaining - the one that basing conclusions off of direct experience can lead to falsehood, and that truth hood doesn't exist. Has truth in it, but you also have got to realize that the statement "And its all nonevident" is in itself 'nonevident' contradicting the whole idea of everything is nonevident, and being paradoxical.  

On 5.9.2018 at 2:42 AM, Thanatos13 said:

Sorry but that’s a no. I have read a few spiritual types that say love is ego. That the truth isn’t love and that love must be transcended to see the truth. 

but to transcend love, at least you need to have to experience it. and who says after transcending love, there is no love at all? do you think enlightened people don‘t love anymore?

you can easily prove, what is the truth in that, you just need to look into their eyes.

if you can’t see it, you can not transcend it, you will not be enlightened.

you can’t claim to know the truth of something you don’t know about.

(yet)

Edited by now is forever

On 06/09/2018 at 8:26 AM, Kosmos said:

Sure. (and nice poetic twist by the way). (and hello by the way, nice to meet you, *deep bow to the moderator(and fellow human)(and to everyone else on here, inc Leo et al)*)

I was using Thanatos13's "fail" as terminology.

From my perspective, mysticism uncovers the limitations of 'knowing' for some people, but does not uncover the limitations of 'knowing' for most people.

From all the people in the world who have some sort of introduction to mysticism, or interaction or relationship with mysticism, I am fairly certain the vast majority won't end up experiencing the limits of knowing that it points to. Out of all the people who ever do some some type of meditation, what percentage ever realize a non dual experience?

What I was trying to say, was that even if Thanatos13 thought that mysticism "failed" him, that isn't exactly surprising (in an orange statistical sense), and doesn't mean there isn't something about it which can be ... ermmm.... mystical.

They call it the shadow of knowledge for a reason.