Hamilcar

consciousness is totally passive ?

17 posts in this topic

So , my question today is this one ...
Yesterday , I was doing some contemplation... and this question came into mind...
My consciousness is only experiencing stuff... something appears , and I experience it.
And I am aware of myself being experiencing stuff.
But there's no experience of myself acting upon stuff...
It's like there's only one way into awareness ,there is only inputs , no output whatsoever.
So , why does it seems a 100 % passive , while it creates everything  ?
Why is there no experience of my awareness creating the dream ?

I'm not sure I am understanding. Why would you experience acting upon stuff if it couldn't act upon you?

To question why something isn't a certain way you must have a reason on why it should be that way.

The manifestation of the universe is bound by the laws and we are bound by human faculties in the experience of the human body.

You cannot ascribe a quality to consciousness.

Any activity of the self is an illusion. Because it just happens spontaneously.

An action arises and the sense of being in charge of that action is illusiory. Because who is aware of the arising action? Do you generate your thoughts or do they appear by themselves? What is the source of thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Privet said:

You cannot ascribe a quality to consciousness.

But yet there it is. Its a mindfuck. It is and isnt at the same time...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

Because there is only experience of awareness creating dream. 

This other “thing”, is a thought, in the expereince, of awareness creating dream. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yes but ... things change in the dream right ?
The dream is always changing... how does it changes if all of this is inside consciousness , but at the same time , consciousness does only one thing , experiencing ?

4 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

So , my question today is this one ...
Yesterday , I was doing some contemplation... and this question came into mind...
My consciousness is only experiencing stuff... something appears , and I experience it.
And I am aware of myself being experiencing stuff.
But there's no experience of myself acting upon stuff...
It's like there's only one way into awareness ,there is only inputs , no output whatsoever.
So , why does it seems a 100 % passive , while it creates everything  ?

Is there a sense of an observer? Like it is a passive observer that is just aware of happenings as they arise?

If so, is it just observing external input? Is there a sense of passively observing your own thoughts, feelings and actions?

39 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

Yes but ... things change in the dream right ?
The dream is always changing... how does it changes if all of this is inside consciousness , but at the same time , consciousness does only one thing , experiencing ?

Everything changes.

Nothing never changed at all. 

Everything is Nothing. 

“Experience” is linguistic, duality, communicational, like “I”, it’s not really a separation of any sort in actuality. 

If there is experience, there is other.

WIthout ‘actuality of experience’, there’s only Hamilcar = Consciousness.

It’s the classic Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle, situation. 

?

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Is there a sense of an observer? Like it is a passive observer that is just aware of happenings as they arise?

If so, is it just observing external input? Is there a sense of passively observing your own thoughts, feelings and actions?

well , from my point of view , there is an observer.
the "I" , is aware of emotions , and feelings and perceptions... So it seems like an observer to me.

@Hamilcar You wrote “there is no experience of myself acting upon stuff”

Imagine that you scratch your nose during meditation. Is the awareness passive? Is it observing the hand motion? Similiar to how you observe thoughts, feelings and perceptions?

From a dualistic perspective, feeling an itch on one’s nose would be sensory input that is being experienced. The hand motion to scratch the nose would be output. Yet, what might the perspective of the observer be? Are both the itch (input) and the scratch (output) simply appearances that the observer is aware of?

I think the concept of input or output is really interesting. It’s a human construct conditioned into our mind. 

10 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

Your experience is the dream. There is nothing being created and that's why it is passive. Any resistance is illusory.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Consciousness is EVERYTHING.

Every activity that ever happens is consciousness. So it's totally active.

Consciousness is not other than everything that is happening all around you at all times.

Cars zooming down the highway << that's consciousness being active!

"Why is there no experience of my awareness creating the dream?"

You are overlooking the obvious: the dream IS the creating.

Everything you see IS the experience of consciousness creating the dream.

The mechanism of creation is not hidden behind the scenes somewhere. It is TOTALLY, RADICALLY direct! You are seeing God's creation process every second. You're just overlooking it because you're expecting something elsewhere. Your fantasy of God's creation process is obscuring awareness of God's actual creation process.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is something to keep looking into.  Notice what is actually there vs. what you wanna believe is there.  You'll see that a lot of what you believe has to do with a filling in the gaps above and beyond what the actual reality presents itself as.  You have to develop a keen mindfulness that spots all bullshit.  Once you do that Thought and Experience will fall apart.  What you're left with is that which never changes; namely, Awareness.  You'll start to see that there's nothing behind Thought and Experience -- they're just sensations basically.  They're jibber-jabber that we take way too seriously.  Instead of focusing inward at what we are as Awareness, we're distracted outward at this jibber-jabber like a baby being drawn in and mesmerized by one of those baby crib mobiles.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness is EVERYTHING.

Every activity that ever happens is consciousness. So it's totally active.

Consciousness is not other than everything that is happening all around you at all times.

Cars zooming down the highway << that's consciousness being active!

but why don't we experience the process by which everything is "rendered" ... if there's a process.
is the content the only thing that can be experienced ?

@Hamilcar Again, you are overlooking the obvious. "The process" is DIRECT!

The content IS the process! There is zero distance between rendering and the thing displayed.

Because reality has infinite power, it does not require a computational process. There is no process. There is only the end result.

Stop thinking of reality as a computer simulation. It is NOT that. It is direct, instantaneous, magic.

There is nothing behind the scenes. What you see is all there is, so to speak. The problem is, your mind does not know how to make sense of reality this way. You are used to analyzing it conceptually into a linear chain of cause and effect. This is fantasy, not reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Hamilcar When you wake up in the morning and recall remnants of a dream, you don’t start thinking “how was that dream made, what was the actual process???” You just make the assumption - “I’m awake now, that was a dream” and you forget the dream.

Same thing in play right now, but you are still asleep, cuddling the warm blanket of believing you are awake.

Were it not for this, you would no more question this dream, than that dream, as they are the same, but you are the (apparent) difference. No you, no difference - all a dream, all your dream - not ‘you’ are ‘in’ a dream.

Can you see how when ‘waking life’ is realized a dream, there is no longer a ‘you’ which would have dreams in ‘sleep’? 

Can you see how you are living a pragmatic safe (conditioned) life, and there is an ‘itch you can’t seem to scratch’?

Upon awareness this is a dream, in which you, an apparatus for dream adventure, could write down some dream contents to experience, some adventures, some journeys, etc....well......

”This” dream, is of a “you”, and of a “real”.

”This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief”. -Rumi