Tom T

A thankyou message to Leo and my self actualization journey so far

13 posts in this topic

Leo, thankyou so much for your amazing life changing content. I have posted loads of thankyou comments on your videos but i'm not sure if you've seen any of them. Anyway (I will try to keep it short)  I stumbled into your content about 2 years ago and at the time I was partying every night with a hard drug addiction, I had depression, I had really bad social anxiety and I was studying something I wasn't passionate about But now iv been doing 2 years of this work and my social anxiety and depression is non existent,  iv been meditating forabout 2 years now, iv taken about 500mg of 5 meo dmt and 1g of 2cb over the past year and increased my consciousness alottt and experienced all the things you talk about in your enlightenment videos.  im on track with my life purpose (not gonna lie as I go deeper into my sage work the more I see my career life purpose as a chore but I think that because im more fascinated by the world more than my narrow life purpose ) but anyway my life is superrr minimalistic and very basic which leaves lots of time for meditation, yoga, contemplation, books and my life purpose. (my parents and friends say im a boring hermit who has no life wasting his time just filling my head up with abstract philosophy in my spare time  but they have no idea aha. .but  iv just came back from my second 7 day solo meditation retreat with plans to do tunsss more of them in the future, I got a gram of 5 meo dmt and 2cb which should be arriving soon, I have a  strategic plan in place to read many books over the next 5 years to develop that holistic understanding to become more conscious about government, turquoise visionary books for how the world could be, why wars happen, books about history and books to help me integrate all the spiritual traditions, books to become more conscious in language, how science works, quantum mechanics, evolution, chaos theory etc and many other thingssss (and by the way I contemplated your "what is intelligence" video and contemplated it for a week and then I took some 2cb and holy shittt that's just incredible !!!! 

But anyway I just wanted to  let you know that I 100% do not take this channel for granted and that I am serious about this work and I want to just say a massssssivee thankyou for all your hard work man for producing all this massive high quality content !!!! you are a one of a kind human being and I just want to thank you for showing me my full potential and whats really possible to do in life !!!! my life would be pretty fucking shit if It wasn't for you !!! if I meet my financial goals within the next 5 to 10 years or so I will definitely be donating a large chunk to selfactualized.org to say a tangible thankyou for all your hard work !!! you'll be the reason I even managed to earn it in the first place !!!!

by the way I have shown your intro videos called "the vision for the selfactualized life" "the big picture of self actualization" and "becoming a sage" to sooooooo many people trying to get people interested in self actualization but no one wants to do it, it completely baffles me how people can just throw such a resource away and never think about it again !!!!!! 

anyway sorry for the massive post !!! just want to show my gratitude and show that I actually do the work and that you have changed my life and that I am so so so grateful for all your hard work!!! :) 

once again I will say a massive thankyouuuuu and I hope your having a lush day man !!! sending you all the love from the uk man  !!!! :) xxxxxx

Edited by Tom T

@Tom T Wow! Very cool to hear. Happy for ya :)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I second that. I arrived to this forum one year ago as an orange stage college science professor with resistance to evolving up to green. I embraced the multi-cultural aspect of green, yet I was strongly attached to rational thinking within a scientific paradigm. (Deepak Chopra was a whoo-whoo pseudo-scientist in my mind). Perhaps it was Leo's more cerebral approach that was able to get through to me that a relative framework is more advanced than a logical framework. I can now see how ideological I was with science and how much it contracted me.

In the last year I dropped the textbook for my neuroscience course. I broadened the course to include psychology, philosophy, awareness and nonduality. We do brief periods of meditation in class, We discuss self-awareness, spiral dynamics and I have students keep contemplation / inquiry journals. I experienced strong fear and resistance to doing this. What would my colleagues think of me? Could I lose my job? Will the students laugh at me and think I'm some kind of joke? Will I lose respect? . . . Yet, I feel so much more grounded and confident - and I'm so much more genuine. It's no longer about me. It's about *us* and the students having awakenings. And the students have embraced it. I no longer need to take attendance. Today, the students asked if I could bring a meditation bell to our class. They come to my office to chat about life and reality. Today I had a long discussion with a student about her paranormal abilities. She told me I was only the third person in her life she felt comfortable sharing it with. 

It feels so good to be free of the scientific walls around me. I'm excited to evolve into Yellow and make my courses even more holistic and integrated. 

So @Leo Gura , please know that your message expands beyond this forum and into the minds of some college students.

Our thanks to Leo will never suffice. The amount of value Leo produced is unfathomable. Leo you helped me change my life for the better in so many ways. Your inspiring thousands all around the world, Im forever grateful to be one of those people. Thanks for this. Thank you. Honestly. 

Edited by Rinne

Leo deserves a lot of thanks.  From me as well.  I wouldn't have achieved what I have without being so influenced by Leo.  It's like on artist being influenced by another.  I would not even know about Enlightenment had it not been for Leo.  I don't think I ever would have stumbled on Enlightenment on my own.  Maybe I would have, I don't know.  Who's to know.  I don't think so though.  I was too into Western Philosophy and trying to solve problems in that milieu.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Me too as well. Saved my life. Showed me a path to happiness. Made me love life so much more. It's the #1 thing i'm grateful for. thank you leo 

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

13 hours ago, Outer said:

Film and post them on youTube

@Outer Agreed! That would be awesome to see if @Serotoninluv ever felt like sharing such.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Oh, I already said it. :) That was the most profound discovery. Thanks Leo. It's like showing me the final pavement to my calling. Three ppl pointed it out for me that we are all one--you Leo, Shinzen Young, and my brother. At that moment all three of you were one dropping hints as a team; it's very hard to understand in just a post. It was just unbelievable and amazing. Time to share it with the world through the life purpose that I fell back into my ego with love, becoming awake but never realizing it. This will take time to explain. That's why I revise it in my journal. :) Oh, if only you knew, Leo, that there may be other factors involved rather than simply inducing the whole thing adamantly. I say this not to debate, of course not! I say it because I care.

I too want to thank Leo. Thanks Leo, lol. You seriously have changed my life fundamentally/drastically for the better.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

Thank you alot, Leo! ❤️

I am so glad I stumbled onto your enlightenment intro video when I was 13, I became a big fan when I was 14.  Even though I don't agree fully with your approach (especially because I have walked this path for a much shorter time that you have but agreeing 100% isn't the point) but after clarifying it as a newbie, you gave me the best foundation for my spiritual search I could have ever received. You gave me the wings to fly away, to explore, and to find a profound and worth-while life even if it's not in your metaphorical lap.

Your content transformed me to a degree I could not ever describe. It has been a wonderful one and a half years. You are truly a huge and conscious giant and countless people sit on your shoulders. 

All the best and all of God, Leo! :)

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.