Paul5480

Is buckwheat healthy?

5 posts in this topic

After learning that wheat is un healthy from this forum, I would like to ask if whole grains are healthy? Also wondering about buck wheat and rolled oats. Thanks in advance.

Whole grain is the same as regular grain. It still contains the peptides which give the autoimmune diseases. So avoid that as well.

I have switched to quinoa, buckwheat, and black rice, which has also have much higher values of trace minerals. Try compare fx. pasta with these 3 at https://cronometer.com/

Quinoa and buckwheat are also alkalines compared to grain which is acidic. An alkaline body heals much better.

On 01/09/2018 at 9:08 AM, Alex90 said:

Whole grain is the same as regular grain. It still contains the peptides which give the autoimmune diseases. So avoid that as well.

I have switched to quinoa, buckwheat, and black rice, which has also have much higher values of trace minerals. Try compare fx. pasta with these 3 at https://cronometer.com/

Buckwheat , quinoa and black rice are still wholegrains dude, no need to go scaremongering about them.

Wholegrains are unlikely to give you an autoimmune disease unless you have an inflammatory bowel disease, leaky gut, or something of that nature that couldresult in SIBO, the gut bacteria entering the blood circulation or landing on peritoneum and giving you systemic inflammation. As per the pesticides, you can decide to soak and sprout your whole grains to make it more digestible and nutritious which will effectively remove large chunk of the pesticides. 

Agreed on grains being acidic. Our bodies have powerful buffering systems to balance the PH of any meals but it is wise to control the intake of acidic foods which is pretty much every cooked food and food of animal origin. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

10 hours ago, Feel Good said:

Yes. I think it's only dairy and gluten peptides that are unhealthy.

I think @Alex90 was referring to the whole wheat and refined wheat

Gluten free grains are fine :)of course, the ones your mentioned!

Thx :)

Yep I meant whole wheat

@Alex90 @Feel Good noted, cheers guys ;) 

btw even whole grains are not always as bad. Take for example a wheatgrass which is a baby wheat sprouted, it is super nutritious and a wheatgrass juice is incredibly cleansing and nutritious. Some people even pour it up their bums during enemas.

But yeah, generally any processed grain will lose most of its value, while some of them may cause a lot of problems down the road if eaten too frequently 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus