Hello from Russia

What are the best resources to learn technical skills and get the "know-how"?

8 posts in this topic

Technical skills = skills that help you generate money = marketable skills
Know-how = maps on how to get the shit done and create a tangible result or a "hidden insight\knowledge" not a lot of people know about.

Examples of technical skills: Various programming skills, Singing, Speaking, Selling, Seo marketing, Social media marketing, Video-editing, Freelancing (knowing how to get clients), Video-course creation, Creating an e-commerce shop, Software skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc), Designing T-shirts,  etc.
Know-how example: I've been learning some graphyc design lately and learned about sites that would print and sell your design on t-shirts, mugs, phone cases,etc. Customer buys - you get a cut. These sites will basically take care of all production-shipping stuff for you, you just have to create designs and market them. I didn't even know such thing existed, it was eye-opening for me.

Some of my experience:
I think the most arcane stuff you can get is from expensive workshops and 1 on 1 mentorship by someone who knows what they are doing. But it usually demands great resources (money, connections, etc), so gotta look for something more affordable.
Best thing I found so far is Udemy, high-rated courses here are pretty professional-made and they usually teach you how to apply skills in certain markets, which is great. Sometimes, though, they lack a certain depth and also if you buy a lot of courses it can be somewhat costy (most of them cost only 12$ but still).
I also checked some sites with paid subscription but I feel like material on them is not very deep\highquality. That is probably because authors don't get as much $ for their courses, so they don't try very hard. But maybe I just didn't check the right sites (please tell if you know decent ones).
Youtube has some great content, but also a ton of junk . It is usually hard and time-consuming to distinguish junk from something great. Also the most knowledgeable people usually don't tell shit in their videos but rather use it as a marketing platform to sell their products.

Please, share what you have regarding these topics and where\how do you find valuable information\gather intel. More affordable - the better. More practical - the better. Less mainstream - the better. Share links!!!

This thread is not oriented on gathering intel about consciousness work.

Edited by Hello from Russia

I might be old-fashioned, but there are books for everything you could ever wan't to learn. Just choose subject and write on google: best books on *subject. What really helps is taking all valuable information and re-writing It by yourself, kinda make bullet points and some concepts that you can easily find in future without reading whole book again. Then just apply that into practice and work until you make It. I can give you a tip about "site where you just create designs and market", that's great way, It works very well and what you need is a looot of youtube videos, which is second best teacher in everything, and read books on social media marketing, build your brand and study marketing, It's fairly low costs and you can always start again If it doesn't work.

Depends of course on the particular skill. There are so many!

Lynda.com is great for all sorts of technical computer skills.

You can pretty reliably create a six-figure income just from mastering a handful of the skills on Lynda.com

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Aside from Lynda.come, ya' got:
- Skillshare
- Udemy
- Coursera
- Google
- YouTube
- More. . .

On 8/31/2018 at 4:23 PM, Hello from Russia said:

Social media marketing

Gary Vee is great.

On 9/1/2018 at 0:08 AM, Leo Gura said:

You can pretty reliably create a six-figure income just from mastering a handful of the skills on Lynda.com

@Leo Gura Did you mean six-figure income just from offering a freelance-based service on particular skills or building products based on these skills and then distributing them?
To be honest this one sentence inspired me in September and that's what I'm doing right now and I can already see the potential

Edited by Hello from Russia

The greatest technical skill in any area is Breath :) everything else are just foot notes. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I think, u dont need skills in photo editing, online services and mabile apps do it very well....I use the retouchme official website, and for just a couple of dollars, I already have ready-made, processed photos. This niche business is already quite common, and I think that at the moment is not quite profitable for those who want to start. Programming skils will be better ( IMHO ) 

Edited by shokoman