Widdle Puppy

Where to try psychedelics? 

17 posts in this topic

I'll have some free time in January and I'm wanting to go on a retreat I think. Perhaps psychedelics, what's the best place to go to explore this? 

If you know what you're getting and have a tripsitter, your own bed becomes a very good choice of locales. 

Explore it in your house first.After it somewhere in nature without other people...maybe one friend to keep an eye for you.Night is a good choice.

2 hours ago, Widdle Puppy said:

I'll have some free time in January and I'm wanting to go on a retreat I think. Perhaps psychedelics, what's the best place to go to explore this? 

I've had about 70 trips on about 7 different psychedelics. With dosages ranging from microdoses to full-on insanity and ego death. 

Things I consider are: dosage, mindset and setting. You only asked about setting. I would encourage you to also seriously consider dosage and mindset. You could create a wonderful setting, yet if your dosage and mindset is off - you could be in for a rough ride.

For setting, I started off in my house. I've found familiarity with the setting can relax the mind and body. I would suggest having several activity options set up. Sometimes during the comeup and peak, things can get quite uncomfortable. I've found it's nice to have options. I may set up a meditation space - perhaps with candles and soft music. In another room, I may have a journal set up to write. I may have a video ready to watch. Also, a music playlist ready to go. Let's say I'm peaking in the meditation room and lots of anxiety arises. I can't sit with it and it's turning into panic. If I have no other options, I may go into the panic zone. Yet, I can get up and try to write some insights. Not working? Turn on some music. "Ahhh, this feels better. I've never experienced music like this. The empathy is amazing!! I feel at one with the singer. I feel the depth of her emotion. I am her emotion. Look at those trees. I am one. There is no I. Only one. . . ". 

Another thing I recommend is to get a benzo or etizolam to kill the trip if necessary. I've never had to use it. I've always walked through any discomfort. Yet I cannot tell you how much it can settle a person down knowing they can kill the trip at any time. As a beginner, it allowed me to go much deeper without panic.

I can't do them where I live. They are highly illegal and I would not ever do them here. 

What country should I go to or perhaps ways to find a shaman ?

I've always wanted to go to Oaxaca, Mexico and do a freshly-picked mushroom journey. Maybe check that out. An ayahuasca trip in Peru would also be pretty damn cool.

I know Portugal in particular decriminalized possession of drugs for personal use in small amounts. 

A lot of times Shamans provide drugs for such spiritual journeys in countries where it is illegal.

How do you find a reputable center? Any tips on finding a place with a trust worthy retreat? I want to find one that is serious and healing focused 

In Mexico, you have a number of options that are typically not available in most countries.  Bufo (toad venom aka 5-meo-dmt) is widely available (but not exactly for the beginner), ayahuasca (also not a beginner type of introduction to psychedelics), mushrooms, Salvia, San Pedro (mescaline)...   Keep in mind that these activities are legal for indigenous use, so it really is a grey area for you to locate and participate if you're an outsider.

You should research what kind of healing you would like, there''s literally 5-6 main types of psychedelics but then dozens of plants/research chemicals underneath each other.

You need to be careful with choosing a center/place to actually go and have a trip.  Personally, I don't like to be around a bunch of strangers while they're getting high (oops, I mean healing), and around people who should be taking care of me while they themselves are getting wasted (I don't like shamans).... sometimes self-exploration by yourself is necessary.  I recommend (if you're not well-versed in this area) to start off very slow and small ... have a friend/family you trust/love to be a trip sitter and explore this way.

If the problem is source + supply, you need to make friends with people that are already into this sort of thing, or if you're an introvert with friends who are only into alcohol like me, you can source your materials yourself with a little work on the internet.  Many plants and some research are legally obtainable depending on the country you live in.

Healing happens by sheer accident sometimes, though you can do the work yourself when you look deep and have the right tools.

@markusrabbius Hehe, MarkusRabbius and MarkusSweden, welcome to the forum. 

I think Mexico should be more known for its psychedelics and less known for other drugs/drugwars. 

Mexico is indeed a beautiful country. 

Kiss one of those Bufo Alvarious toads from me. ;) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

There are some places in Holland you can go to. There is a place where you can legally try bufo, ayahuasca, changa and psylguasca in one weekend. They have a website and are a real company, not sure if I can share here.

46 minutes ago, voxun said:

There are some places in Holland you can go to. There is a place where you can legally try bufo, ayahuasca, changa and psylguasca in one weekend. They have a website and are a real company, not sure if I can share here.

"legal" is debatable... tolerated and unlikely to be prosecuted is more accurate (even for Holland/Amsterdam)

Dr Octavio travels around the world offering 5-MeO retreats. I know he's in Europe pretty often and I've heard positive testimonials. Check him out on Facebook.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, markusrabbius said:

"legal" is debatable... tolerated and unlikely to be prosecuted is more accurate (even for Holland/Amsterdam)

its legal under the context of a religious ceremony experience but yes its definatly controversial. They are a real company which started out providing iboga ceremonies. Now that offer almost everything. Went there 2 times. Once for ayahuasca and once for bufo. I live in Belgium but it's only a 1 hour and 15 minute drive from my place. You do need to fill in some paperwork to provide some medical information,etc...

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Dr Octavio travels around the world offering 5-MeO retreats. I know he's in Europe pretty often and I've heard positive testimonials. Check him out on Facebook.

The difference between my experience and from what I see by Dr Octavio is that I was allowed to stay down and no water was involved.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:41 AM, Widdle Puppy said:

Sounds like you've never taken any psychedelics? You can make a journey to another part of the world to do this, but you could also make the time and space to do it near or at home and get just as much out of it. Nothing wrong with making a big journey, and nothing wrong with making the journey internally either. 

I've had some very special trips in different parts of the world, and very special ones at home. In any case I recommend making sure to get outdoors, be healthy, comfortably dressed, in good relation with the people around you and in your life, have some easy light food handy and water, maybe some tea or something. 

You could start out with any of the classics (or non-classics really) but magic mushrooms are a pretty good place to start if you keep your dose low. They're usually easy to come by, pretty short lasting, and can provide that classic psychedelic experience.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.