Faceless

The phenomenon of fragmentation

562 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

Then why do you post so much stuff on this forum analyzing about the characteristics and behavior of thoughts? It sure is a lot of complicated pointing, pages of pointing at thoughts.....haha

As I said up above: 

1. Unconditional attention is the thing. Direct insight.

2. What is unconditional attention then? Are we sure we’re not just subtly thinking?  Can thought sneakily hijack attention?

3. Then what is the nature of thinking then? Do we understand thought’s subtlety? 

Hence these discussions arise.

6 minutes ago, robdl said:

As I said up above: 

2. What is unconditional attention then? Are we sure we’re not just subtly thinking?  Can thought sneakily hijack attention?

3. Then what is the nature of thinking then? Do we understand thought’s subtlety? 

Again this seems pretty important. 

1 minute ago, robdl said:

As I said up above: 

Yes, thoughts have hijacked your experience.... I talk about being, awareness and consciousness, you talk about thought self ego fear.... what is the focus of your attention?  Not subtle it's so obvious. Hah

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Yes, thoughts have hijacked your experience.... I talk about being, awareness and consciousness, you talk about thought self ego fear.... what is the focus of your attention?  Not subtle it's so obvious. Hah

:)

Speaking about Be-ing is fine if that’s what you want to do...but is it subtle?...i think not...

It’s fairly easy to accumulate a couple of non-dual lines and throw them here on the forum.

It’s obvious when ‘we’ do this?

Edited by Faceless

That can be as simple as conforming to some idea, concept, non-dual theory, and then regurgitating it in a thread. 

Thought loves to do this..it loves it ❤️:)

Edited by Faceless

Do you know what the lizard brain is? The phenomenon of fragasaurus.....rawr!

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

That can be as simple as conforming to some idea, concept, non-dual theory, and then regurgitating it in a thread. 

Thought loves to do this..it loves it ❤️:)

All thought needs is a thinker/knower/self — even if the thinker is thinking/knowing/theorizing about nonduality. 

Just now, robdl said:

All thought needs is a thinker/knower/self — even if the thinker is thinking/knowing/theorizing about nonduality. 

Very very Sneaky:ph34r:

30 minutes ago, robdl said:

Thought clings-attaches-identifies. Some call this a sticky action, indeed. I have as well. 

Thought reacts to/within itself mechanically, as an identification-attachment process, as it seeks security in its own movement. 

This is all true and seen wholly. 

So you’re characterizing it as separate, conflicting perspectives but they’re unitary.

It’s one and the same.

@SOUL do you see that the stickyness-identification-clinginess of thought and the self-reacting/identifying movement of thought are one and the same thing? 

Thinking is a process-movement of reactive attachment-clinging. 

So thought is sticky but it’s also a self-reactive movement. They aren’t mutually exclusive. 

The theorizing, knowing, and thinking sustains, nourishes, and perpetuates the thinker, knower, self. 

What does a 'being' need? A be-er? Ok thanks I'll have one....it will help with all of this thought talk....

I will be-er about unity infinity.

rawr!

well to be fair, even an image loves to imitate BE-ing...it loves it :)

Thought is very subtle. It’s mechanical tendencies will invent invent invent...sneaky sneaky :ph34r:

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

well to be fair, even an image loves to imitate BE-ing...it loves it :)

An image loves....?.....to imitate?

I am being... it may be a simulation or an illusion or a vision maybe a revelation, but I am being. Whatever it is.

rawr!

Oh yes..Thought loves to imitate, conform to patterns... mechanical indeed. 

All there is is you talking to yourself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

52 minutes ago, Faceless said:

:)

Speaking about Be-ing is fine if that’s what you want to do...but is it subtle?...i think not...

It’s fairly easy to accumulate a couple of non-dual lines and throw them here on the forum.

It’s obvious when ‘we’ do this?

Um... well yea being is totally obvious..... it is ubiquitous.... if one is an aware being. heh

13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Exactly:)

22 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's an illusion of nothingness.

rawr!

Edited by SOUL

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

That's an illusion. It doesn't exist.

rawr!

Illusions exist, it’s just that there’s nothing behind the scenes with an illusion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Illusions exist, it’s just that there’s nothing behind the scenes with an illusion.

Edits are illusions.....

raw....cough cough... r!

heh