SoonHei

introducing non-duality to friends - epic fail

34 posts in this topic

i have read this on the forum, in YouTube comment sections and many other places about trying to introduce or talk to friends/family about this field and failing

i had pretty much the same lol

i think i have figured that i just need to plant the seed, which i have, and even though they couldn't understand me in that moment and had lots of questions like okay, so i am not my body-mind, now what? lol etc etc...

so with the seed of this idea planted. when they start seeing something in their life which brings them to this memory, they will approach me on their own and only then is the info being given is receptive and actually heard throughout

any of you have had similar thing with this?

also

any tips or advice to how i can better explain this topic to someone who is intrigued, but i am unable to really zero in on one thing to talk about?

what do i start of with ?

we are all one?
you are not the body-mind?

you don't exist?

suffering will end with this knowledge/purist?

deep useful life changing insights can be had by meditation and other practices?

5meo-dmt / dmt 

5-LeO-DMT :)

unsure how to really open this Pandora box to them - all of this pops out of it together really as far as i am concerned.

what is a good leo video to start someone off on this whole consciousness work. i have found leo's content sometime last year. haven't seen a lot of his older videos but his old content also involved dating stuff and other general life work

any good starting point video from where leo first started mainly talking about non-duality/consciousness which i can show a friend as i believe Leo's video would do a great job vs me throwing random gems to them which my ego finds very useful and epic 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I would slowly start by teaching them  the truth about concepts vs reality. Alot of people don’t even realize that countries are concepts, years and days are concepts etc. Just start slowly then you can pop the big one. Don’t go too personal too fast or the ego might bite back. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

hmmmmm

i just find it all so different than the regular stuff that whatever i may start off with will be faced with resistance lol

Love Is The Answer

I feel you man, the ego doesn't wan't their reality get screw with

11 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

hmmmmm

i just find it all so different than the regular stuff that whatever i may start off with will be faced with resistance lol

Just be careful, the majority of people need a solid foundation first, unless they’re really interested in reality and existence and open minded. You can try but don’t be surprised if they think you’re bonkers.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Make yourself into a blissful human being and that will speak for itself. Just by looking at you people will become inspired to do consciousness work :)

It's very difficult. in my experience. I've tried a couple of times throughout the summer, but I am just reaching a point where I am realizing that it doesn't matter. 

29 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

any tips or advice to how i can better explain this topic to someone who is intrigued, but i am unable to really zero in on one thing to talk about?

Here is my experience with this.

The simplest way to test if a person is fascinated by the topic are very down to earth questions: "do you get lost in thoughts?", "can you stop thinking?", "who is conscious of the voice in your head?". If you ask one of those and they don't show any enthusiasm you'd better not insist on the topic because otherwise you will only get disappointed. I feel like it's better to not talk about this if you can't clearly see that the person is interested. You will very rarely find anyone who is really interested.

If they do respond with some enthusiasm, ask some clarifying questions etc. then it worth talking about this. How it will go is just a matter of your understanding of the topic. If you can't explain it to the other the simple way then you don't understand it yourself. Yes, of course, enlightenment is not easy to explain, but you probably consumed a lot of information so far and this is a good test of your intellectual understanding of the topic. Just try to imagine that you tell it to yourself when you knew nothing about non-duality. How would you approach it?

@SoonHei the issue of sharing with others can often be a problem-distraction kicked up by mind — just be mindful of that factor.

23 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You can try but don’t be surprised if they think you’re bonkers.

lol this was the case in many situations lol

15 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Make yourself into a blissful human being and that will speak for itself. Just by looking at you people will become inspired to do consciousness work

agreed. lead by example. have them approach you and ask you HOW!?

13 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

It's very difficult. in my experience. I've tried a couple of times throughout the summer, but I am just reaching a point where I am realizing that it doesn't matter. 

i'm on the fence on this one

yes. i can see that it does not matter. but a nudge of advice to others here n there to assist doesn't hurt

@Privet  yes i agree. and that's what i also felt as i wrote my topic post. the information just falls on deaf ears if they aren't ready to listen or grasp what is being said. 

i feel a good ol Leo video can do the trick but then again maybe i watch it from a place of understanding and thats why it clicks for me and rest of us vs the untrained mind might not get anything at all lol or might dismiss it all calling good ol' Leo bonkers as well :D 

Love Is The Answer

First rule. Don't talk about It If you're can't show extremely good example or If they are not people close to you who are genuinely interested and can't harm your image as for average person all this really sounds like you were mentally insane. I know that phase when you wan't to share this beautiful knowledge with everyone, but their perception is too different. Best option would to teach meditation and give classic book recomendations like power of now, alchemist etc.

My friend today asked me "Okay, Charlotte, talk to me about your journey then?" I explained and I somehow feel our friendship is over after the comments he gave me. You outgrow people. 

I agree with @Rilles

Oy, it's the toughest sell there is. It's hard to even explain it to someone, let alone trying to get them to DO it. Most folks just don't want to hear about things that they consider weird, and hell yeah, they're gonna judge the shit outta you afterward.   xD

One of my friends said that she would probably never set me up with any of her girlfriends. I told her that I'm still the same nice guy that she always knew, to which she said "yeah but here's the thing....you don't think you're even a person."  LOL, that's when I knew that I'd talked to her too much about this stuff.  

@SoonHei 

The game is deconstruction. You have nothing. They have everything. Ask them what / who they are, and deconstruct it one step at a time, at their pace, to nothing. Don’t explain anything (literally) - that positions them to believing or not believing, understanding or not understanding, you, which of course defeats the possibility of a nondual realization. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

'Can dead matter create intelligent consciousness?'

But introducing this to people too abruptly can create mental breakdowns, obviously, are you up for that (while you still have structures standing)?

everyone who sees you knows exactly what you're doing and being in your life, it is information on an atomic spiritual level

all information is shared in the sea of consciousness

you're free to try to convince the surface conscious mind of your friends, but it is merely play, they already know, their higher selves have already assimilated the information and integrated it in the best way and in the best way that their ego's can adapt to it

it is important to know what your goal is with your friend, if you're set our to destroy their ego's you better not go that way it is a destructive endeavour

you could be at the other side of the planet, meditating in a cave, getting godly insights, and that would directly be transmitted to all the people you hold in your heart, that is connection

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

you are not gonna convince them in anything if they aren't interested in these kinds of existential questions.
I tried too... I think now is the moment to keep silent about it.
After all ... it's your own journey , and you will be traveling alone

19 hours ago, Charlotte said:

somehow feel our friendship is over after the comments he gave me.

oh wow, I actually expected something like 'I felt our connection deepening' hahaha shit

but I guess you guys are right, most people probably just think we've lost our mind. 

I will go by the 'if they want something, they'll come to me' approach in future I guessxD

19 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

If they are interested they will come to you. Otherwise shut up ?

have to keep this in mind xD 

whatever arises, love that