Hamilcar

What is love ?

21 posts in this topic

baby don't hurt me ! don't hurt me, no mooore :D

So , what is love really ?
animals feel love , that's pretty obvious even if they don't express it the same way as a human being...
is it the absence of the self like Rupert Spira talks about ?
how can we feel love if there isn't a self to experience it ?
is it a natural state ?
if it is , why isn't hate , and pain a natural state too ?
what is the difference between love and pain ?
what does love have more than pain to be a natural state ?
why do we talk a lot about love , when we speak about "god " ?

16 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

baby don't hurt me ! don't hurt me, no mooore

sad to say the reason why i clicked this thread was to write this :P

and i guess from what i have gathered thus far - love is universal. it is the experience of us feeling our very own self. when we absorb deeply into the what-is of the moment is when we exeperince love.

this can happen during intimate moments, moments of experiencing nature / beauty etc.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

"Enough fappery.

Back to the contemplation salt mines!"

- Leo Gura

13 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

Pain is a mental category of sensations which are or supposed to be resisted by the ego.

Love is an antidote to Resistance / Ignorance / Attachment / Separation (the substance of the ego) thus it destroys the idea of pain.

17 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

is it a natural state ?

All experience is filtered through Consciousness / Love.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

3 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

animals feel love

You are projecting the feeling of love that you have felt on to the animals. We are taught to project our feelings on to other creatures or object from an early age and its so useful that we start mistaking it for truth. Notice how the feeling of love you project on other creatures is the same love that you project on to your teddy bear. There is no other consciousnesses than your direct experience. 

12 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

There is experience of love. Your ego then comes in and takes ownership for that love which causes a very convincing illusion that that is the case. Experience is happening but there is no experiencer. 

18 minutes ago, Hamilcar said:

is it a natural state ?

Depends on what is meant by natural state. Seems like a non existent distinction to me.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

sad to say the reason why i clicked this thread was to write this

HAHAHA same

The road to God is paved with bliss.

I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my love, but you don't care

Grace

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

14 hours ago, martins name said:

You are projecting the feeling of love that you have felt on to the animals. We are taught to project our feelings on to other creatures or object from an early age and its so useful that we start mistaking it for truth. Notice how the feeling of love you project on other creatures is the same love that you project on to your teddy bear. There is no other consciousnesses than your direct experience.

I don't understand when you say "there is no other consciousness than your direct experience" .
Is everything that is not in my direct experience , not conscious ? or non existant ?
That would be weird

18 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

Nice clickbait. 10/10 :D

So , what is love really ?
animals feel love , that's pretty obvious even if they don't express it the same way as a human being...
is it the absence of the self like Rupert Spira talks about ?

How can we see when there is no seer? How can we feel when there is no feeler?

Seeing and feeling happens. Is there really an answer to why? :)

is it a natural state ?
if it is , why isn't hate , and pain a natural state too ?
why do we talk a lot about love , when we speak about "god " ?

Unconditional love is an everpresent "perfume" of consciousness. It's total acceptance of what is. So even if hate and pain arises there is acceptance towards those thoughts and feelings. There might be resistances arising towards hate and pain but that is met by the same love.

22 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

So , what is love really ? You
is it the absence of the self like Rupert Spira talks about ? Infinite you / Being
how can we feel love if there isn't a self to experience it ? You are it
is it a natural state ? You tell us 
if it is , why isn't hate , and pain a natural state too ? Cause freedom / infinite
what is the difference between love and pain ? That’s up to “you”
what does love have more than pain to be a natural state ? That’s backwards, pain is an “added” / conceptual 
why do we talk a lot about love , when we speak about "god " ? Same

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've just realized that it's all about love, it's all around and inside of me

remember, @Nahm , you've told me all along? 

but I had to go a long way to see it for myself... 

thank you so much <3 this is love too, thank you, thank you..

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666 Holy shit dude, SO funny. I’m sitting in a cafe workin on some writing, and right after I wrote that last message to you, outta nowhere, the table next to me (7 people in their late 70’s early 80’s) start talkin and laughin their heads off about “magic mushrooms”, reliving their stories and just crackin each other up. One guy just went into how he was tripping too hard and just praying to God to stay alive, and then laughing, and then seriously praying for his life again, and then laughing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

How easy infinite eludes finite mind

it's unbelievable. a piece of fucking art :x

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

outta nowhere, the table next to me (7 people in their late 70’s early 80’s) start talkin and laughin their heads off about “magic mushrooms”, reliving their stories and just crackin each other up. One guy just went into how he was tripping too hard and just praying to God to stay alive, and then laughing, and then seriously praying for his life again, and then laughing

that's the universe waking up, everywhere around us 

yay let the mushrooms have their wicked way with finite minds xD the shroomgod loves us xD <3

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

love is when I see a spider or a fly, and I forgone my old ways of killing them, I put a glass on top of them, I raise the glass with the hand covering the bottom, and I release the spider or the fly outside my house

love is when I prioritize my well being, when I know I don't have the energy to please others, I give love to myself

love is when I see fiction or non-fiction, and while I watch it I hope for everyone's success, everyone's happiness, I root for good, even in works of fiction, be it a game or a movie or a book, I really like fantasy, it is an easy outlet of love

love is when I dance

love is when I clean, I like to clean with attention and care, I love cleaning! and so when I do it I give lovr

love is when I'm in the supermarket, and I try to pick tomatoes I don't immediately go for the best looking tomato, sometimes I do, but sometimes I try to give a chance to the first tomato I notice, no matter its appearance

love is when I read a topic or a post and there's energy of disagreement or even frustration, I refrain to post under such energy and I realize that people are right in their own way, they're expressing who they are and no more can be asked of that, I feel grateful

this is a bit of my love, and it changes and evolves, in my opinion, the meaning of love is like getting to know yourself, the universe, it is very intimate, its you! your taste, your passion, it is really personal beautifully so!

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

it is literally just another four letter word until you ascribe some conditioned/learnt special meaning to it!!!! 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Arkandeus

C3473515-604C-49BF-A66E-3D0F67A07841.jpeg

@Dash Us Pain You’re in for such a surprise...I’m jelly. 

oh Nahm, enlighten me, what does this bugzooka do :DxD, does it catch the bugs without hurting them?

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!