kieranperez

Good books and resources on Christ?

13 posts in this topic

First off - I’m honestly startled inside that I’m asking this. 2-3 years ago I was pretty much the most hard nosed atheist you would ever meet that would love to shit on theists and listened to Marilyn Manson and had a satantic cross on his forhead for Halloween. So yeah... kudos to consciousness work and open mindedness LOL

Anyways... would love to get some GOOD books, courses, etc. stuff learning about Christ. As funny as it is for me to say now... I’m actually really inspired by the general story of Christ that I already know of. Just the idea of his crucifixion holds a totally different idea and meaning in my mind now I’ve been doing consciousness work. Something about this complete surrender to Truth and absolute unconditional love and him sacrificing himself really inspires me on my mission of becoming a sage. Would love to get some good information on maybe his life, story, dig into the psychology, etc.

@kieranperez oh, I feel you so much :$ my journey seems to be similar

I have this intuition to research into the life oft Christ (among others) too lately

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

@kieranperez Do you REALLY think that in 2000 years all of Christ's life details will be kept exact and not bastardized?

Christ, Buddha and Mohamed are more of a set of ideas and beliefs embodied in a human form, because monkeys like the shinny thing. That's not to say they didn't exist, but no biography will be kept intact and exact in 2000 years, except if they had cameras and stuff.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

This is a good article that compares Jesus and Buddha.  

http://www.spiritofthescripture.com/id1869-jesus-and-buddha-a-raw-comparison.html#more-1869

I encourage you to go through the archives as well... The man who runs the website and writes most of the articles is well versed in nonduality, but the main purpose of the site is to interpret the Bible allegorically and esoterically, as it is a roadmap to enlightenment and not supposed to be a religious book

19 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Dude I just looked through that entire Osho archive... That's incredible. That's such a goldmine right there. Thank you!

12 hours ago, ChimpBrain said:

Resurrecting Jesus by adyashanti 

Can't believe I forgot about that. 

The King James Bible should be a good start. How open-minded are you in reading it tho? 

A Course in Miracles was channeled through Christ, it is the true teaching of Christ unmitigated by the thousands of hands who wrote and edited the bible over millennia.  It's free of dogma, it never tells you what is right, what is wrong, only implores you to search for Christ in the self.  Christ = Buddha = God = Is = This = Reality = Now = Peace = Love.

I implore you to be open minded and just READ the book.  It is NOT an easy read, but the entire course starts with the idea of seperation and eventually works it's way towards unity.  It is essentially a path toward a nondual realization.  This book IS a nondual teaching.

It will take months or years to read this book, just a warning.  If you do the course workbook as reccomend that will also be exactly a period of one year.

If you REALLY want to know about Christ, and can accept the fact that channeling is possible, then this book will blow your fucking mind.

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

I think this thread is getting away from my point. I'm not talking about Jesus's teachings per say or the nonduality component. I'm talking about the man himself, his story, studying his own development and he came to be relatively

16 hours ago, Rinne said:

The King James Bible should be a good start. How open-minded are you in reading it tho? 

I actually have thought about it and I'm glad you brought up the open-mindedness component as I think that would be the key to get the larger and more important juice out of something like that and really to put into context what's being said and also to weed out the bullshit from the nuggets of wisdom.