NicAndStuff

What is your life purpose?

19 posts in this topic

I’m curious to know all the different types of life purposes people got on this site. What is yours? Or what are your passions? 

Edited by NicAndStuff
Error

Get the most out of this human experience, I see this life as a game. Each of us has a character and unlimited opportunities, I am going to use them get to the top levels because that's what I will love while being human, I don't see the reason why I would de-materialize If there are so many great things to enjoy. I will try to fill my life with as many adventures and experiences a I can. That's pretty much It. Purpose is just something you choose, something you give to yourself, there is no finding It. Basically I build myself best reality I can while also focusing in creating It in such way that It benefits others.

I'd just like to add: Get your money right! This is how the game works. If you think It's my ego's attachments, you're kinda right too, but why would you say no to pleasure If you can aquire It in a way that's benefiting for others too? Build massive income, share and have fun, that's what my "purpose" is all about.

Edited by RabbitHole

I'm not yet discovered but my passion is to compose music and discover new possibilities for music/forms. I find it interesting somehow.

the exact version of mine is: "To study health and the body, to help people live longer, better and to thrive in life."

That's the fancy title at least....., the reality is still being stuck in corporate job , figuring out next steps and following a lucky star :D

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Does “Personal growth in combat sports” sound legit to you guys? Cuz I think that’s my purpose.

4 hours ago, NicAndStuff said:

Does “Personal growth in combat sports” sound legit to you guys? Cuz I think that’s my purpose.

Nahh, It's just passion. 

4 hours ago, NicAndStuff said:

Yeah, why not. Google who Peter Ralston is if you're not familiar with him. A good example how one can combine a sport (he is martial arts master) and consciousness work

Btw, highly recommend his books: "Zen body" (about body mindfulness, so good for sports) and "the book of not knowing" (I'd say it is a guide on how to contemplate properly and how to do consciousness work in general).

I got the feeling that most of Leo's content on emotional mastery and contemplation was inspired by this guy

Edited by Hello from Russia

@NicAndStuff I'd say it if its simply for the purpose of competing and becoming the top of the league, than maybe not so but if its to pass down the knowledge, teach people how to defend themselves, improve their flexibility, agility and stamina than absolutely. 

On the top of that, imagine you could combine a combat school with retreats to nature, early morning meditation followed by combat practice. Making it a deeper experience as it used to be in times of Samurai. Adding new elements to it like learning about the body, various herbs, ways to survive in nature etc...I can see a powerful life purpose right there my friend. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I just have found incredible growth in my own life from practicing combat sports. I also see a lot of pro mma fighters, grapplers, wrestlers, boxers or whatever, are HUGE self help junkies. I feel like combat sports and personal growth just kinda come together naturally. Like higher confidence in life, being able to stand up for yourself, and just the thought of being able to use your body as this weapon. Not like a deadly weapon, I mean a weapon for whatever combat sport someone is interested in. I feel like while people grow their bodies physically to compete, they are also growing mentally. And this also really really really allings with the heroes journey I think. For example, the holy grail in my case would be to be a pound for pound best fighter in the world. Once I have gotten that holy grail, I share my gift to the world. That’s why I feel like “personal growth in combat sports” Is a good life purpose for me because it also aligns with my values. What do you guys think of this?

On 01/09/2018 at 2:36 AM, NicAndStuff said:

For example, the holy grail in my case would be to be a pound for pound best fighter in the world

I used to compete in Judo from my 7 till 21  and can absolutely understand the passion and discipline that comes from martial arts. While I am all for having ambitious goals in life, trying to be THE BEST is always a losing game eventually. You put yourself in a shoes of competitor and your life will be based on always looking behind shoulder, always striving to be ahead of competition and keeping your golden throne. Eventually this is what drives many guys down the road of chemical substances and using whatever means available to stay on the top. This is one of the reasons I left the competing because many guys took it way way too seriously and relied on a lot of gear from what I've learned later on 

True life purpose should be about giving back and sharing your greatest gifts with the world, this is by far more rewarding than being awarded the best fighter...in a long term at least. That being said, perhaps at this stage of life you need to go and compete, you need to spend couple years pushing your way upwards in the ladder and making a name for yourself in the fighter community. And if that feels like you, then go do it, absolutely. Don't listen to anyone in here but your heart ( I know that sounds cliche). Your intuition will tell you when you've had enough competing and are ready to start giving back. There is a process to follow and I don't think one can just jump straight to the end. 

@NicAndStuff Mine is to tell profound stories in order to enlighten humanity.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@Michael569 I like to think that you either win, or you learn. I’ve been wrestling for a long time now and I’ve gotten pretty decent over the years but I still get my ass kicked here and there. I’d never use any kind of illegal substance or any of that crap though. Because I know that when I get my ass kicked, that means the other person just worked harder than me. At least that’s how I like to think of it. Frustrating at first though obviously.  But I like to tell myself you win or you learn. 

@Winter there’s something wrong with your statement. That’s like saying as soon as I say what I want, I don’t want it anymore. That’s odd. Maybe there’s some self sabotage in there 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

To lead, explain and be responsible for people, enabling their healthy psychological change.

To become the world's dopest data-driven visual communicator

Apply consciousness to the burned area

My passion is doing comics and illustrations. But I don't feel I have a purpose, I mean... I am creating the purpose by doing what I do.

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16