Marinus

Goose bumbs

7 posts in this topic

So when I breath deeply while meditating I can generate a feeling of goose bumbs, why is that?

@Marinus That's cool! So you can trigger goose bumbs whenever you like? I have no idea why that is, but I have a better question: 

• How do you do that?

I get episodes of goose bumps and shivers at least once during every meditation session. I don't think it's because I'm cold. Fun to notice and really feel as it goes in waves over my upper body. Interesting.

I can do this too! For me it's when I'm holding my breath.

If I manage to do a lot of it, it can accumulate and culminate with a good and strange feeling of buzzing and warmth, with a nice relief at the end.  Suddenly I feel very relaxed and way more comfortable than in the minutes before. I lose the ability to do this again for several minutes.

Sounds like an orgasm, now that I'm reading what I wrote :P

It happened 2-3 times during meditation, but often I can't get this far. I sort of get somewhere and then lose strength, and there is a feeling of floating back into place.. Maybe it's just a distraction from the meditation I'm doing, but it is the only "non ordinary" thing that I've experienced so far with all this work.

@Sbilko haha yeah have controle over it even without meditation.  I breath in and stop for a mili second then it feels like energy in my body. With some repetitions following I het goosebumps on my arm. It seems focus is key. 

@ItO are you also able to redirect the feeling through your body? I can even get the sensations around my skull.

@PsiloPutty my back is the main place for the shivers. 

@Marinus I think the Goosebumps are really because our sympathetic Nervous system ? fires... As soon as you plan that you are going to sit for a meditation session and you know inside that by doing it you are going to feel a lot better... Your Nervous system fires you up with a boost of Adrenaline and temporary Goosebumps.

?IngitScooby ?