Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Larrade

My ego is so big... and I can't get rid of it

10 posts in this topic

This is depressing, I am meditating for quite a time, but my ego keeps talking in my head and giving me orders, It's very hard for me to resist what it is saying. It keeps talking and talking and talking.

I don't know what to do at this point, seriously : I am lost

@Larrade What kind of orders? 

Maybe resisting isn't the best option right now? Focus on your thoughts, pick the most persisting one and find out your core believe. What is it saying? Why does this thought want your attention so badly? Try solving it with 'the Work' or 'Sedona Method'. 

Meditation is great, but sometimes fixing some old believes / thoughts helps calming the mind. 

Best of luck ?

The more you resist, the more It persists. One of most common begginner meditator issues, trying to "shut up" the mind. The more you try the louder It gets, actually It's exactly opposite, you don't try anything, you just understand that the voice will always be there and will always tell you some crap, pay no attention, let It be, that's the point of meditation.

When you go out in big city you might hate the traffic sounds, but better idea is to stop focusing on them, accepting them, not trying to stop every car.

Luckily there is solution how to permanently remove ego, kill your mind literary, that's the only way, while your body is alive, ego will be there, you just have to befriend him and work together.

@Larrade saying "my ego" - as if it were some kind of entity with its own power of will - is helpless.

instead, take action and start a new life with new habits. i highly recommend yoga btw.

the mind is a reflection of the daily activities. spiritual purification is the long-term deep and radical change of actions that promotes drastic changes in the mechanics of the mind. spiritual purification is the exchange of the content of the mind.

imagine you have a cup of concentrated alcohol and then you start adding water until it floods but you keep adding water until it eventually have (theoretically) only water. that's how we change the mind. we don't just remove the alcohol. we do it by adding more and more water.

also that's why all spiritual schools come up with a certain set of moral concepts and practices, like the yamas and the niyamas. let water flow through your life.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

I only want the bad stuff gone though. Why can't I have the stuff I like and makes me feel safe and real and just get rid of the bad stuff?

8 hours ago, Widdle Puppy said:

I only want the bad stuff gone though. Why can't I have the stuff I like and makes me feel safe and real and just get rid of the bad stuff?

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by this? Are you talking about thoughts or life in general? What you wan't to get rid of and what you wan't to have?

Find a meditation mentor to help you. It remembers me when I meditated a lot before my psychosis. I would have a voice inside my head who kept giving me orders.

You can get psychotic but it's okay because there are people who recover from it and become even happier and fulfilled.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:07 PM, RabbitHole said:

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by this? Are you talking about thoughts or life in general? What you wan't to get rid of and what you wan't to have?

Like get rid of my bad habits, the bad emotions, the negative and rigid moralistic thinking, the bad images of myself, the low conscious blahhh sort of fog.

Wanting feelings of acceptance, wanting to feel perfect and like I'm fine. Feeling excited and fun. Feeling happy and full of energy.  

1 hour ago, Widdle Puppy said:

Like get rid of my bad habits, the bad emotions, the negative and rigid moralistic thinking, the bad images of myself, the low conscious blahhh sort of fog.

Wanting feelings of acceptance, wanting to feel perfect and like I'm fine. Feeling excited and fun. Feeling happy and full of energy.  

Habits? Sure many will disagree, but those are simple fix, just start taking you life, well-being serious and stop doing things that are not beneficial for you. Write your goals and write habits that will help to achieve them, also write habits that will keep you away from your goals, before doing any of those chec you goal list, re-read them and ask yourself: "Am I going to give up to this bullshit and say no to my dreams or I'm going to push trough the bullshit and cut out everything that doesn't benefit me. It's discipline and there is no "how to..", only thing there is, is discipline, just get yourself together and start acting the way you should have long time ago.

About thoughts, well, obviously keep meditating, but what really helped me and I see that It's your problem too is that there is some asshole ego who is telling you negative stuff and you can't beat him and this is why bad/negative occurs, ego is fighting with itself and you identify yourself as victim in this situation and the more you fight the stronger It gets. What you should do is realize that as long as you're alive It's going to be there and you have no control about what It's telling you, you are just listening. Also seek for repetitive negative thought root, they are all there because of certain past experience, get to the root and pull It out, If you can explain why you have this certain thought you can remove It. Mantras also work, try those. But main thing that I wan't to leave for you is qoute I made up while ago: "Your brain is biological computer that explains reality to Itself trough communication with senses". Dig into this and fix your mindset .