dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

391 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Your breathing probably wasn't intense enough.

I usully don't do the breathing technique very long. I breathe deep and very quickly. After around 1-2 minutes I feel the vibrations. Then I keep breathing a bit longer and stop with a breath hold.

Also try dancing till exhaustion. That probably helps with emotional issues as well.

And just running for 5 minutes as quickly as you can. Upon total exhaustion, your resistance (and some of your ego) melts away, and you can work through and let go of emotional stuff. Also do this jusy prior to meditation. That will deepen it.

So u exhaust yourself b4 doing the breathing? Do you focus on breathing in the belly or raising your chest? 

8 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Your breathing probably wasn't intense enough.

I usully don't do the breathing technique very long. I breathe deep and very quickly. After around 1-2 minutes I feel the vibrations. Then I keep breathing a bit longer and stop with a breath hold.

Also try dancing till exhaustion. That probably helps with emotional issues as well.

And just running for 5 minutes as quickly as you can. Upon total exhaustion, your resistance (and some of your ego) melts away, and you can work through and let go of emotional stuff. Also do this jusy prior to meditation. That will deepen it.

Do you have hand cramps? 

I get those if I breathe too quickly.. Do you know a way to deal with that? It hurts a lot, to the point where is just too painful to continue the session.

15 hours ago, Pernani said:

So u exhaust yourself b4 doing the breathing? 

I haven't done it often before breathing. But usually I meditate after running, and I feel a noticable difference.

15 hours ago, Pernani said:

Do you focus on breathing in the belly or raising your chest? 

I basically do the Wim Hof breathing, I just breathe a lot quicker, so it doesn't take so long. With the Wim Hof breathing, you start with the lower belly, then upper belly and then chest. And perhaps even head, if that makes any sense. But the focus is on the belly (with belly raising, of course).

14 hours ago, Juliano Zn said:

Do you have hand cramps? 

I get those if I breathe too quickly.. Do you know a way to deal with that? It hurts a lot, to the point where is just too painful to continue the session.

Yes I get them too. And when I did shamanic breathing according to Leo's video, I got them as well. So for me, it's independent of the speed of breathing. If I breathe quickly, the cramps appear far more quickly, but so does the altered state of consciousness.

And yes eventually it gets really painful, thats when you should stop, I guess. At that time you could do a breath hold, and then keep breathing. If you do the breathhold for 2 or more minutes, the cramps will probably have lessened.

In case any beginners are reading this, beware that when you do the breathhold, the altered state gets noticibly deeper, at least for me. That freaked me out a bit the first time. I was breathing till I reached the end of my comfort zone, and then I did the breathhold.

I read that the cramps are because your body isn't purified yet. So if you do the breathing regularly and often, the cramps should eventually disappear. So they say, at least.

Is it safe and good to do Shamanic Breathing for 30 mins on a daily basis before meditation in the morning? 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

My Shamanic Breathing Journey: 

30 min Shamanic Tribal Drumming Music with Breath Rhythm:

Shamanic Breathing (Progress & Spiritual Experiences):

On 22.5.2021 at 11:19 PM, Loving Radiance said:

How do you go about consciously addressing repressed emotions & feeling through shamanic breathing?

To answer my own question, it is doing it often and always surrendering to what's alive. When I know that there are specific things in the shadow I can connect to that emotion or personality part just by reaching out. It is like meditation a continuous process which takes place over a consistent practice.

On 24.9.2021 at 2:14 PM, Muhammad Jawad said:

Shamanic Breathing (Progress & Spiritual Experiences):

I cannot understand this language although occasionally there are a few English words. Do you like to provide subtitles or anything close?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Whenever I do this I get cravings after for food and stuff to make me feel more "normal" again. Is this a ego reaction to the breathing?