dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

391 posts in this topic

@SunnyNewDay when you don't feel any bodily sensations (you mean the vibrations right?) you could try out breathing slightly faster and deeper, but don't overdo.

To stay aware/awake: colder room temperature, cold shower prior to it and perhaps changing the time when you do it may also help

@GreenWoods yes exactly, i don't feel any vibrations so i just drift away into thoughts and kind of hypnotic state.

and thanks man ill sure try those tips!!

anyone have any luck with using this while going through some really tough emotions? I've found an hour of meditation is helpful but it is just super hard to stay conscious all the time. I'm had good results with this in the past. since I'm much more emotionally raw right now I'm thinking of doing 45 minutes and seeing what it brings up. 

Just wanted to point out that only if you close your eyes, completely relax and surrender to the tense muscles without resisting them, and concentrate really deep, only then you'll leave your body and it'll stay laying down behind you

You must be completly ok ? with any pain, and completly ok with whatever comes. Other wise you will not succed

@Muhammad I had an experience yesterday similar to that except I didn't leave my body, but I did what you said and it felt like the suffering built up and then I broke through a wall and it was effortless for like 10 min

On 17.8.2019 at 7:09 PM, Cocolove said:

@Muhammad I had an experience yesterday similar to that except I didn't leave my body, but I did what you said and it felt like the suffering built up and then I broke through a wall and it was effortless for like 10 min

Excellent?. That's fundamental for spiritual progress. When you practice this equanimity and deep concentration, and combining it with tools like this breathing or psychedelics, you'll eventually have some crazy expriences like leaving your body. It gives you the ability to dive deeper and deeper...

Getting up after half an hour and walking around the room feels like God walking on water ;)

Below is the drumming track I listen to for shamanic breathing. I like this track because it’s straight up rhythmic drumming without any new agey spa music thrown in. 

I managed to do by myself around 50 minutes last week, and 20 minutes yesterday. Nothing actually happened during the sessions, apart from the usual light headedness, tingly sensations, dizzyness etc. But for the last few days I have felt moderatly depressed, could this be from my 2 sessions?

I've always suffered with low mood, but felt like things were starting to get positive recently prior to the 50 minutes of shamanic breathwork, but now dropped to a state I've  not felt in a while.

Trip report 30 min:

most unpleasantly was to withstand for the first 10-15 minutes. at 30 min I finished - I felt a huge vibration in my hands, I couldn't move them for 3 minutes. I felt vibrations everywhere cleansing my physical and emotional body - amazing ... and blissful peace. all my life I've kept a huge bag of emotional  and physical tension. Now i finally felt free.

as martial arts practitioner i can say the difference is huge, just amazing ... I have been meditating for 2 years and even though I was holding a huge emotional baggage that has now been partly released. It's much easier for me to talk to people, do anything or express myself. Next step: 40 min. This technique works wonderfully. Amazing. Just amazing. 

Edited by KP_Spirituality27

I did this a few weeks ago for 15 minutes and here is what happened:

I started feeling tingling in my fingers and hands, my body felt warm. After I finished the 15 minutes of breathing I got into a higher state of consciousness, and I had some form of awakening in my taste and smell senses. Until then I had always eaten food very quickly without paying attention to it, and barely chewed on my food. Since this experience I have started to learn myself how to cook better and I have started appreciation my food more and have started chewing properly. I also felt completely at peace and really started seeing beaty all around me (especially the sunset that I was seeing). I then fell asleep for around 10-15 minutes. I woke up with a weird feeling/pain in my heart/chest area. I first thought that I had done something dangerous with this breathing technique, until I noticed that a huge pressure had gone off my chest, and I felt really free. I had never really noticed this pressure, except on some occasions while high on weed but I never thought much of it and considered it normal.

A few days after this experience my mood lowered quite a lot, maybe some form of ego-backlash? I was also struggling with a lof of other problems at that time though which surely played a big part in this.

This experience has really made me curious about how deep you can really go with this, considering I only did 15 minutes. i will definetly be doing this more often.

I have done yet another session today. What surprised me was the short time-frame needed for an insight. Usually it takes twenty minutes to get myself into a certain state. Obviously, I am now back and cannot speak of the experience with 100% precision. The beautiful thing about my sessions is that I can experience thoughts melt. As if I were sitting in a theater and watching my mind perform its bullshit on the stage. During the breathing, I tried doing self-inquiry and bursted into laughter every time I asked myself who was perceiving the question. 

Has anyone successfully completed 52 weeks of shamanic breathing? Very curious to hear results.

3 hours ago, herghly said:

Has anyone successfully completed 52 weeks of shamanic breathing? Very curious to hear results.

I've done over a year now, not every day of exact same technique as Leo's but breath work in general.

I reach an state of euphoria/bliss like every morning when I do my routine. It's supercharged my energy lately, I have crazy amounts of creative power.

Also combined it with cool/cold showers and sexual transmutation exercises, and body weight fitness training to ground myself pretty much. I also do Kundalini Yoga and Chi Gong.

I've almost passed out many times but now I've learned to control myself really well. So pay attention to that, and don't do the exercise standing up or in dangerous places.

I can not recommend it enough though. It's really life-changing stuff.

E: When I say Kundalini Yoga I'm referring to the exercises that SantataGamana shares in Kundalini Exposed

Edited by Bittu
nicer text

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

@Bittu How long are your shamanic breathing sessions? I think i will commit to once a week 30 minutes shamanic breathing. 

Also what are the sexual transmutation exercies? that's something i've got interested in.

A couple of weeks I tried for the first time. After 15 minutes of breathing almost had massive tingling, fingers kind of paralyzed and released some trauma I guess since I stop the breathing jumped on the bed and start crying and hugging the pillow crying for mama like a 3 year old. Quite an experience. I'll try tomorrow another time

I've been doing this technique recently to ourge through some emotional pains I've been suffering from a breakup. I know it may not work that way but I thought that since I was more vulnerable, the sessions will be more emotionally charged and intense. But I hardly felt much, even after doing it for like 40 mins. Before, after about 10min of breathing, all my body would twist, vibrate and even sweat a lot. But recently I just don't feel much happening.. I thought that maybe sth was wrong with my breathing pattern? What breathing pattern works best for u guys? Like how deep do you breathe (belly/chest/neck deep) and what's the rhythm? 

On 10/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, Pernani said:

I've been doing this technique recently to ourge through some emotional pains I've been suffering from a breakup. I know it may not work that way but I thought that since I was more vulnerable, the sessions will be more emotionally charged and intense. But I hardly felt much, even after doing it for like 40 mins. Before, after about 10min of breathing, all my body would twist, vibrate and even sweat a lot. But recently I just don't feel much happening.. I thought that maybe sth was wrong with my breathing pattern? What breathing pattern works best for u guys? Like how deep do you breathe (belly/chest/neck deep) and what's the rhythm? 

Your breathing probably wasn't intense enough.

I usully don't do the breathing technique very long. I breathe deep and very quickly. After around 1-2 minutes I feel the vibrations. Then I keep breathing a bit longer and stop with a breath hold.

Also try dancing till exhaustion. That probably helps with emotional issues as well.

And just running for 5 minutes as quickly as you can. Upon total exhaustion, your resistance (and some of your ego) melts away, and you can work through and let go of emotional stuff. Also do this jusy prior to meditation. That will deepen it.

Edited by GreenWoods