dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

391 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

@billiesimon have you been traumatized earlier in life ?

Below 10 I don't know. 

At 12 my parents divorced and it's been very sad and damaging because they fought a lot in that year.

As a kid my self esteem was medium-low, but after the divorce it became definitely low and made me very neurotic. 

By the way, the shaking I experience is not continuous, but just 2-3 seconds, and as soon as I stop breathing it stops. 

Like some kind of soft way of the body to make me interrupt the breathwork. 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Anyone feel more neurotic because of shamanic breathing? I’m assuming the trauma and neuotism has to get worse before it gets better... I’ve been doing it once a day for a couple weeks and I can tell energy is shifting around and coming to the surface but man my head gets fucked up sometimes (hours later and the next day) and I’m not sure if that means I should do more and plow through the trauma or take things more slowly. If shamanic breathing is my ticket out of this crazy monkey mind then I’m thinking about doubling down to 2 hours a day and getting this healing stuff over with as quickly as possible

Edited by sausagehead
Hey

Holotropic breathwork #3

I took another seminar (or rather, a few days retreat) with two holotropic breathwork sessions. These sessions are 3 hours, but the intense breathing happens in the beginning and on an "as needed" basis, mostly the last hour or so I already relax. 

This time I really felt that what was happening was an altered state of consciousness, more than just bodily sensations going on. In the first session, there was not much explicit content, but in the first half, I could really let go, feel the freedom to let my body move as it pleases. The body moved mostly by itself, and I laughed wildly. I'm trying to remember and take away this sense of absolute freedom.  In the second half the feeling of being really safe and nurtured came along, I felt like a baby (I imagine). Yet there was some dark undertone, although I felt wonderful, the state didn't equate with the freedom I experienced before. I drew that after breathing as a baby surrounded by light-blue-greenish heaven, yet instead of the umbilical chord it has a chain (expressing dependence or conditional love perhaps). 

The second session was even more interesting. As I felt myself reaching an altered state, I remembered that one of my intentions was to try and see if I could get to the no self, so I asked myself "who is it, who has the intention get beyond all intentions?" I didn't get any profound insight, but again it felt like stuff started to happen by itself. It took just a few moments until a physical process started, very similar to my previous HB seminar: coughing mucus from the bottom of my lungs and purging deep old pain. At first I was just watching the process, in a weird state where I knew that this was happening with MY body and that there was despair going on in the body, but I really felt a sense of wonder, even wellness. Then, slowly, I re-engaged with what was happening, as I concentrated on helping the purging with more intense breathing. It was mostly physical with little imagination, but at some point, the image of an unwanted child came up. (I felt this unwanted child is my mother <= It's called transpersonal psychology for a reason ;))  The facilitators came to do bodywork with me. I had probably an hour-long "fight" with the facilitator pressing against my back, then at some point I was exhausted and the process slowed down and stopped. I had a beautiful meditation-relaxation for the rest of the session.

I feel sensitive after the seminar, plenty of rest is needed.  Sometimes nauseated. But mostly really good. It's a relief for sure. 

I think the method fits me extraordinarily well. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@Elisabeth 
do you breathing this way for 3h straight ?
do you moisturize your mouth?
is the facilitator really needed to assist the process or I can handle it easily alone at home?

i'm glad for your relief :)

Edited by OmniYoga

I did a 40 minute session a vouple of days ago in a shamanism center. 

In the beginning it was pretty hard to keep going but after a while it got easier. 

The firdt thing I noticed was the extreme tingling. My hands and mouth got really tense. Then I felt like I had to laugh very hard. 

After a while I had some childhood memories come up and I could feel how I felt back then. Very happy. 

After the 40 minutes we laid down and let go for 10 minutes I guess.

@Elisabeth Great work! Thanks for sharing your reports.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, kieranperez said:

Not at all. A runners high is actually extremely rare among runners. If you’ve ever done ecstasy, it’s like that. It’s a combination of like a true flow state and feeling you’re on ecstasy that’s the closest thing I can equate that to. It’s quite surreal. Usually after a pretty long period of intense exhaustion. Like you’re running in the mountains for the last hour and a half to 2 hours and you’re absolutely gassed and then all of a sudden a switch flips and you went from being ready to fall over to you’re not even tired and you’re flying. I’ve only had that happen once on that level.

I almost always get a runner's high, especially anything above three miles. It usually lasts a while after the run. I've experienced the intense ones while running as you describe, but I almost always get some sort of mild high from running even short distances. I think it's different for everyone. I have a friend who runs and says he's never experienced it at all. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Why do i throw up during this breathing 

How do you feel after?

Have you been eating before you do this? I would say it’s emotional psychosomatic purging that’s taking releasing energy. But if you eat right before you do this I can definitely see that being a reason why.  

@kieranperez Nope no food just water 

Yeah i would say purging becuae its lilke pain in throat like someone is choking me. Same with Wim Hoff method but i get better after much better relaxed

@SriBhagwanYogi That's the devil escaping your body ;)

The body holds many energetic blockages. It varies greatly from person to person and your life history.

9 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Yeah i would say purging becuae its lilke pain in throat like someone is choking me. Same with Wim Hoff method but i get better after much better relaxed

Yeah sounds totally normally. What @Leo Gura said. 

What you’re experiencing is actually what I’m trying to get to in my own work... as crazy as that may sound. 

Youre getting to the heart of the deepest things in your ego and character. Think of the ego as like as a parasite. This thing is is rooted in your very better and energetic and psychic  system (multiple bodies - same one though). It’s really similar to like a disease such as cancer if you think about it. 

Shamanic breathing is chemotherapy for the self ;) 

@SriBhagwanYogi How consistent are you? My only thing is, I have a tendency to want to do more work than my ego can really take so I’ve been holding back.

How many times a week do you do it? How long?

On 4/23/2019 at 9:33 AM, sausagehead said:

Anyone feel more neurotic because of shamanic breathing? I’m assuming the trauma and neuotism has to get worse before it gets better... I’ve been doing it once a day for a couple weeks and I can tell energy is shifting around and coming to the surface but man my head gets fucked up sometimes (hours later and the next day) and I’m not sure if that means I should do more and plow through the trauma or take things more slowly. If shamanic breathing is my ticket out of this crazy monkey mind then I’m thinking about doubling down to 2 hours a day and getting this healing stuff over with as quickly as possible

try and see if it works for you but be careful and listen. I have started doing the wim hof method which is very similar to shamanic breathing and it feels a deep depression is coming out of me. I'm going to try and continue doing this method every day and see where it takes me. I think not pushing too much is good. You can overdo it and send yourself in the opposite direction. Thank of it like exercise. You can overwork yourself. 

Edited by SunnyNewDay

@Leo Gura Thank you for this technique .. this is probably the quickest thing to a magic pill type experience I can easily access .. anyways I have a small question

Most importantly, you mention in your video you can have certain experiences like out of body experiences, and you said “you won’t know what to do” .. so then what do you do during one? how do I know how to act or what to do?

2. If I have say a terrifying experience ever, that destabilizes me, and ironically traumatizes me lol then how do I deal with that and heal that later on? 

3. Do you still think after doing this that much that 30 mins = 1 year of meditation?

1 hour ago, zunnyman said:

@Leo Gura Thank you for this technique .. this is probably the quickest thing to a magic pill type experience I can easily access .. anyways I have a small question

Most importantly, you mention in your video you can have certain experiences like out of body experiences, and you said “you won’t know what to do” .. so then what do you do during one? how do I know how to act or what to do?

Just wing it. You've can only figure stuff out like this by living through it.

2. If I have say a terrifying experience ever, that destabilizes me, and ironically traumatizes me lol then how do I deal with that and heal that later on? 

Your mind is very strong. Even after a terrifying experience you will return to homeostasis quite fast. A week later you will be back to normal in most cases.

Your body and mind have automatic healing mechanisms. You're not some fragile vase.

3. Do you still think after doing this that much that 30 mins = 1 year of meditation?

Did I say that? If so, it was just a metaphor. Don't take it literally.

This technique is not a replacement for meditation. Rather where it shines is in dredging up latent emotional baggage, which meditation does only very slowly.

Meditation's primary purpose is not dredging up emotional baggage. You can spend years meditating, and become a good meditator, but you may still carry deep emotional baggage.

I did shamanic breathing for 20 minutes and nothing happened

I'm thinking of making this my daily method and doing it every evening for 30 minutes. I'm not sure if I should do wim hof or this though. They both are similar but the one difference being wim is a but more structured. I think the downtime and going with the flow feminine modality alters the techniques. Wim is mrie masculine and sort if has a routine to it which you can release on but it's about feeling the breath and going up to numbers. I'll experiment but I think I'm gonna maybe sort of mix them. So a few rounds of wim to push myself further beyond the gross sensations and then be a little more relaxed and meditative like holotropic breathing after that. They are both very similar techniques. Has anyone seen results after daily practice over a long period of time?