dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

391 posts in this topic

I noticed after a few minutes, i felt similar sensations to the (wim hof) method, so i blew most of the air out of my lungs and easily held my breath for almost 4-5 minutes which was excellent. Presentness Bliss!

After that i was automatically in a deeper meditative state as my breath-flow had become adapted to retaining/sustaining a hold after inhale/exhale for long period of time naturally without discomfort. I believe this could be a quick and effective way to get yourself in a more relaxed stage of meditation fast so you can gain the most benefits. (Relax/Surrender) are ultimately the same. Especially f you struggle with getting yourself relaxed enough for effective meditation.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

14 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

But the link between cigarettes and cancer is a well known fact

Yeah NOW it is, it wasn't years ago, they even assumed smoking was good for you! 

I have researched and I've found research based on depriving your brain from oxygen for an amount of time continuously to be not a good idea. 

I'm not saying I'm against it by the way, this isn't an 'against' opinion, I'm still going to give it a go myself. I just like to go into things considering other possibilities. 

Edited by Charlotte

I like the risk...

If you ain't prepared to die, you aint prepared for enlightenment B|.

Death by breathing too much Hehehe, seems like balance is everything.

On a side note I did have a headace pretty much all day after my session, I will see if it improves as I try it a few more times, if I keep getting headaces thats a sign of my brain telling me it ain't right for me, hopefully it will get better.

22 minutes ago, blazed said:

If you ain't prepared to die,

I don't wish to die from the egoic mind.

23 minutes ago, blazed said:

Death by breathing too much Hehehe, seems like balance is everything.

Breathing not enough ??

Just did my first solo Holotropic Breathwork session today. It was pretty intense. It felt way more intense than I expected it to be.

I can't give an exact chronological timeline of the events that occurred during the 30 mins I did it because I sorta lost track of time while I was doing it.

But here's a short summary of what I experienced:

• Strong Feelings of Vibration all over my body especially around the tips of my fingers
  • An odd 'moving' sensation in my gut whenever I slowed down my breathing after not being able to handle the intensifying vibrations
  • Mild Paralysis when the vibrations got really strong (including the muscles that I use to breath making breathing more difficult)
  • Slight Pain in my hands and fingers after the session, mostly felt when trying to move my fingers.

These stuff basically caught me off guard. I couldn't tell whether what was happening was good or bad or whether or not it was normal. I read a reddit post about a similar experience here. It basically confirms for me that the strong vibrations are normal but I wasn't able to breakthrough them to reach an emotional release of some sort because I became too scared to surrender myself fully to the sensations. Whenever the vibrations got too strong, I'd slow down my breathing or even pause it for a few seconds.

So that was my first time. Would appreciate any advice or help from anyone who reads this. I want to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if I shouldn't even be doing this breathwork in the first place.

Lastly, here are some other things I probably should mention:

• I forgot to play music during the session
  • I did it with my eyes open when I probably should have done it closed

Edited by Extreme Z7

Nobody has even got any results, man this feels like bullshit and saying my ego is tricking me might also be bs

@Raymondo Brhu read 2 pages back everybody is saying its like being on drugs but different. How is that no results? I did, you have to push through the fear of not being able to move and the fear of these weird effects. If you continue through these things weird shit will start to happen. I cry the second time started rolling around and shit.

I feel a little vibration that gets stuck on me for 2 min and thats all

10 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Samra "Low carbon dioxide levels lead to narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain. This reduction in blood supply to the brain leads to symptoms like lightheadedness and tingling in the fingers. Severe hyperventilation can lead to loss of consciousness."

Referring to hyperventilation.

I remember reading this a couple of years ago. I don't know what the hell I was doing with my breath being silly or trying stupid stuff and I googled it. I wondered what the hell was this reaction dizzy. Ever since knowing about losing consciousness I have been avoiding breathing rapidly like the plague. It is actually kinda hard to do this exercise because of that I think. I pushed 10 minutes yesterday instead of the 2 that I wasn't able to pass before yesterday.

I am gonna try again and see what happens. I think I'm just being negative and overthinking this shit pretty fucking hard.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

29 minutes ago, Phrae said:

think I'm just being negative and overthinking this shit pretty fucking hard.

I genuinely don't see this as being negative, being cautious over a technique that limits your brain of oxygen is being mature surely? ?

Friend says: "eat this berry I just picked from the forest? I don't know if it's poisonous or not" Would you say to hell with it and eat it?

5 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Nobody has even got any results, man this feels like bullshit and saying my ego is tricking me might also be bs

Results to some of us may not be results for others.

For me personally, it's been surfacing a lot of deep fears. This resulted in me feeling like shit these last three days. And that's exactly the result I was looking for. Now I can work through those layers that would otherwise have been hidden from me.

Furthermore, during the breathing excersise I have released tensions in the body and had a total silent mind. So yeah... I don't know what results you're looking for... But there's more than enough being posted on here.

Edited by DoubleYou

is this safe to do alone? i really want to do it but im kinda scared lol.

@moon777light Sure, it's not too bad. The best part is, you can stop doing it whenever you want to. There's total control in that regard.

I've done 30 minutes while listening to northern shamanic drums.

Felt tingling on my face, hands, legs and stomach. Legs got kind of tired. 30 minutes was easy to do physically for me, so I think I'll move to 40 minutes next week. Emotionally I did not notice anything very special. Time passed fast. No visuals with open or closed eyes.

However, after doing this practice, I meditated. There were definitely less monkey mind, more patience and more calmness.     

On 4/9/2018 at 3:33 PM, Phrae said:

I wasn't able to do 5 minutes. I have fear that something is going to happen to me. The first thing that happens is coldness behind my eyes it feels weird. 

Can someone link proof that this is safe for the average person that doesn't have problems? I will try to push it further later today but I want the assurance to be able to do it more.

Sigh I have this attitude towards just breathing. What the hell would I do if it were psychedelics? xD

I don't remember if I pushed "later today" I shouldn't lie like that. I used to not lie and I was more effective and my words really had a force to them. I am sorry I lied here.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Leo Gura what's the point of the tribal drumming music? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I did it earlier tonight, only lasted around 10 minutes, but wow I was quite surprised of the physiological sensations. My mouth went tingly, the muscles in my lips kept tightening and relaxing,. Arms and legs went tingly, and my body sort of stiffened when moving. I didn't notice any psychological differences except for a short period of calmness 5-10 post breathing. Although the breathing was only 10 minutes I checked my timer at 6 and a half minutes due to the sudden sensations and anxiousness that rose. 

I'm considering doing tomorrow at 10 minutes and then breaking it up weekly like Leo suggested. I see large potential in this excercise, after having explicit experiences in a minimal time period.

any tips or shared experiences would be great as I would like to improve time duriatiob and continue this practice.

@Leo Gura do you believe this could be used before meditation to help initiate a more extensive session? If so, could it be done daily before each meditation session? For example 5-10 minutes before a 20 minute meditation session. 

That was cool I felt a lot of euphoria after it.