dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

391 posts in this topic

So I you haven't watch the new video from leo about holotropic/shamanic breathing. I tried the technique and this is what happened:

Duration: 10 min

Effect: Jaw tensed up a lot. Felt like I couldn't move my jaw it was very tingily. Whole body core also tingled but not as much as my jaw. Only did the technique for 10 minutes because I couldn't handle it lol. After I stopped the real effects came to the forefront. Dizziness, ring in my ear, very tense body. Felt like my muscles were contracting and pulling together again very fast.

What was your experience?

Edited by Leo Gura
Fixed the title

I don't know if Kundalini Yoga counts?but there's a lot of breath work involved with this yoga. I recently attended a 5 hour workshop, literally Kundalini Yoga for 4 hours and 40 minutes straight. 

My personal experience:

• Experienced psychedelic trip like effects
  • Reached higher states of consciousness
  • Wanting to cry
  • I was able to detach from the body completely for an amount of time
  • On leaving the workshop I felt so much love I called my parents and told them over and over and over how much I loved them (I could feel it throughout my whole being) from an outsider it would of sounded like I was tripping. 
  • My visual/audible perseptions had dramatically increased

I've actually researched holotropic breathing already and plan to attend classes (I'm lucky I have one local'ish) so I'll update ^_^

35 minutes ago, dude said:

I set timer for 10 min and after 2 min of breathing i dont have energy to go more. (Iam on fasting) i felt a little dizziness when i stood up. Anyway iam going to do it again today night, after ending fast and eating a bit. Iam going to rewatch the video again and look for something i missed.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan I think it has to do with your diet etc cause if your head is all messy from bad food in general it might play a role perhaps,

but I just took 30 min to do what Leo talked about and surprisingly the time flew and most of the time I got lost in thoughts and for 4 sec (at least it felt like 4 sec lol) I lost track of my breathing speed so I had to keep up the speed and I kept getting sucked into my thoughts. 

Before I knew it 30 min was gone and I stood up "Man Leo that piece of shit tricked me, nothing happened" was my thought xDD then I started walking and felt not dizzy but kinda saw things moving in a way but nothing really happened and I did exactly as instructed in the video.

Edited by Raymondo

5 hours ago, Charlotte said:

• Wanting to cry

Totally not like 

SOME

woman!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I did 30min

I felt like my upper torso and hands were especially vibrating in sync with "OOOOMMMMM" after i quit my session

It took 5min to get my hands back to normal after the session.

btw Leo, are you familiar with bioenergetics? 

Very good technique Leo, i like it better than The Wim Hof Technique. Did it for 5 minutes and all i can really say is Bliss!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Hi!
Just tried this for 25 minutes and got some pretty cool results, even though I felt my breathing pattern wasn't 100% consistent. At first I felt the effects were pretty much completely physical. Similar to what I've felt while doing the Wim Hof breathing excercises in super cold showers (I'd be interested to hear you guys' opinions on those as well). The tingling and sort of "alive" numbness - for me especially in hands, quadriceps area, abdomen, lower chest and face. 

Towards the end however, I started to notice that my perception of time was way slower. Like, not only as in being bored - but crazy slower. Afterwards I'm feeling a bit like theres some electricity running around in my body that wasn't there before. And also a certain mental lightness. This likening is probably really specific to me but it will probably make some kind of sense. It feels like a really bright and still summer day as a child. Just having met and having been influenced by an adult with a sense of calm and the emotional werewithal to bestow you with something ones own parents usually aren't capable of. Like an unexpected punch of love that makes time stop for a while :)

No scary stuff this time around in other words. But I'm humble to the fact that there might be a fuckload of stuff I'm still completely ignorant of that might pop up and bite me in the ass. Will try again soon ^^

26 minutes ago, pluto said:

Are these similar to the wim hof breathing technique?

Yes I think so although I never tried them.

Since people will be asking all sorts of questions about it for weeks to come, let's aggregate them here.

Post your questions, tips, and experiences with shamanic breathing here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am going to assume most of you here are familiar with the wim hof method.

Can you get the same benefits Leo mentioned from doing wim hof for 30-90 minutes once a week?

Or is there something different?

@Leo Gura

Just now, Charlotte said:

@Ether Dishing the stereotypes out like dolla dolla bills 

u already kno

Okay so I put on some candles and native american drumming music for a nice atmosphere like Leo recommended and then laid on the ground and set the alarm on 30 minutes. For the first couple of minutes the breathing was a bit difficult due to drying throat so I had to swallow a couple times but eventually my mind stilled and breathing became easier too. Then my body started vibrating progressively starting from the fingers and my face. There wasn't any visuals or emotions coming up but I kinda went into a flow state where I really didn't think about what I was doing so my mind was very still.

Eventually the vibration was all over my body and at some point I felt it was too intense so I decided to stop and at that point I had done it for 23 mins. Afterwards I felt a bit lightheaded and my whole body was tingling. The weird thing and maybe not so good is that my both hands had gone into carpopedal spams which of I post a picture below. Also my facial muscles were a bit hard to move afterwards o.O The spasms lasted for a minute or two and gradually eased but still now maybe 40 mins later my hands are a bit shaky like after a physical excercise. I remember once trying the Wim Hof method about a year ago and after that I had similar feeling but a lot less intense than this time.

Edit: Apparently the spasms are common effect of hyperventilation. Though I'm not sure if there's some dangers in them.

20180408_203414[1].jpg

Edited by Lurtsi

I could do it 18 min. 

I felt like i couldn't move my hands and foots. I panicked and got up. 

Btw i hear voice of people(real people :D) in other room  and i felt kind of rage towards them. It did not last very much. 

5 mins later i am super  ok. but that rush panicked me.

Edited by Knn

I tried it. First time I got sleepy and I didn't have music. Second time around I had the drums that helped me keep a rhythm. I didn't have any strong experiences, but to be fair most of my chakras are quite open so there might not be a ton of trauma to go through. It did open up my energy a bit still and made me feel more energetic. I also was still very much adjusting to the breathing, so it maybe didn't remain necessarily intense throughout the whole thing. There definitely was some tingliness though.

In terms of food, should I be concerned about doing this with a full or empty stomach or anything along those lines?

Trip report: I did it only for 20 minutes, because my hands were starting to feel very weird. The 20 minutes after, I was in a state of pure bliss. I think kind of like what feeling "high" must be, even though I never have been high with drugs like weed or something else.

Right now I'm thinking I want to do this every day, because it felt great!

Is it in any way addictive?

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@kieranperez same question. I just had a massive meal and junk food so i'm not sure if it's the right time 

@kieranperez I'd take an educated guess at probably doing it on a light type of meal, he did mention in the video at the part where he explains cramming it all into one day bit that between the break maybe a light meal so that's my guess.