Leo Gura

Ideology Examples Mega-Thread

44 posts in this topic

How a person from 1 ideology researches the opposite one. How the perspective changes and awareness happens.

It's not that short but I think it shows the problem of ideology and what amazing thing happens when you drop it.

p.s. Leo I found you like a month back and I'm like 1/3 through your material (taking time contemplating after each video) and it's amazing how it changes me. I watched this one for ideology just in time to stop myself turning your teachings into one. So... I cannot say how grateful I am that I found you to open the door for me and for this place that I'm posting now to discuss it. When trying to discuss it with other people, it easily can turn into "my way is better, yours is wrong" which now I understand is a problem so I'm going to the mountains hiking to contemplate all of it. I got to clean it out.

This one's a real doozy:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/22/2018 at 0:46 AM, Stef_BG said:

How a person from 1 ideology researches the opposite one. How the perspective changes and awareness happens.

It's not that short but I think it shows the problem of ideology and what amazing thing happens when you drop it.

This is an *awesome* video of someone explaining how she expanded her consciousness.

"Survival is the ultimate ideology." - The X-Files, Movie.

Get your Survival Shield X2 NOW!! Biologcally Active Nascent Iodine. From infowars. Only £43.50 for 30ml!!!

Reading "Human Action" by Ludwig von Mises, he did mention the proclifty for "the right" to develop various ideologies.

Might have been Rand though.... , which would be funny thinking about it, not entirely sure.

Stage Green (towards really early Yellow-ish, or maybe not?) Ideology.

Seems like the matter is sometimes simplified (leaving open questions) + appealing with science + making absolute statements

Hey guys, this thread still exists :D

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

• Spirituality Ideology which dictates that everything can be solved by meditation and spirituality. Your hunger cannot be solved by spirituality.
  • Feminism is also an ideology. It states that everything boils down to patriarchy and sexual discrimination and often also states that men should worship and provide for undesirable women while not accepting that many women are simply not desirable enough to lock down desirable men whom women would not want to divorce.
  • Incels state that their problems boil down to women's selfishness and women's unwillingness to have sex with undesirable men.
  • MGTOW states that most problems men have boil down to women's selfishness. They blame women for taking the necessary half from men while they do very little to become hot and thus keep women in marriage.
    • I'm not saying men should give the necessary half just because they are ugly and undesirable. Everyone should protect their boundaries in order to survive and reproduce. Survival is one's responsibility. Blaming other people for harming your survival is not going to fly in the long run.
  • Germans blamed most of their problems on greedy jews.

To an ideologue, everything looks like a nail that a hammer can bang. To a navy seal, everything looks like a target. Perhaps, an ideologue projects the qualities of a nail onto other people because it is a nail.

Ideologues keep complaining in their ideological comfort zones and refuse to go and think beyond their comfort zones. If they stopped complaining about other people's selfishness, went to gyms, became hot, and made money, then they would look at the world from different perspectives. Germans wouldn't have blamed jews for their poverty if they took responsibility for their results. It's time to accept selfishness as selfishness is universal.

A person who goes beyond one's comfort zones, takes responsibility for one's own results, and is ahead of most of the population has little reason to be ideological.

The miserable have no medicine but only hope - William Shakespeare

Ideology gives people false hope.

Edited by CreamCat

This interview breakdown is rather long, although:
It shows really well points made in Leo's video on Ideology

Notice:

Interviewer (Steve Patterson) tends to be detached from his ideas and up for exploring them (SD Yellow attitude).
Interviewee (Thaddeus Russell) seems to defend and cling to his ideas (Postmodernism).

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

3 hours ago, peqkno said:

Interviewee (Thaddeus Russell) seems to defend and cling to his ideas (Postmodernism).

I thought postmodernism was about deconstruction of ideas. Especially, one's own ideas.

On 28.4.2019 at 2:43 PM, CreamCat said:

I thought postmodernism was about deconstruction of ideas. Especially, one's own ideas.

It is.

Leo talked about this in his video on ideology:

Ideology isn't about the content, looking from a meta-perspective, it's how you hold the beliefs and the emotional attachment and building an identity out of it.

So if you hold the belief "There is no absolute truth, everything is relative." as the absolute truth (ironically :D) and have a stubborn attachement to it, then it is ideology.

Basically living in a conceptual reality, thinking you can put reality/the truth into words is
characteristic for Tier 1 (yes, also Green) in Sprial Dynamics,
solid Tier 2 is non-ideological, because it understands that everything it believes is ultimately not reality. Transitioning from a conceptual reality into more being.

(^- Also ideas. Don't hold them as undisputable truth.)

Well I stand up next to a mountain. And I chop it down, with the edge of my hand! -  Postmodernism in a nutshell.

Korshunov: This is bullshit! It's simple physics. Without fuel, the plane crashes, everybody dies! -Movie; Air force One (Environmentalism in a nutshell)

Edited by RichardY

On 4/27/2019 at 6:29 AM, Raphael said:

Only programmer nerds can understand this :

This is what Stallman is all about:

Sadly, I have fallen into this trap.

@lukmi Yeah, this is stage green ideology. Stallman is right on a certain amount of stuff but he seems to lack systems thinking. The world is more complex than that, it's not possible for all software to be open source. He's also demonizing big corporations.