Leo Gura

Ideology Examples Mega-Thread

44 posts in this topic

I need your help gathering video examples of ideology in action in the real world. I'd like to gather a diverse catalogue of various kinds of ideologies, from various cultures, in both gross and subtle degrees.

Please avoid posting long videos. Try to find videos which are short and to-the-point, so the ideology in on full display.

Try to find diverse examples.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura As you say in your recent video, "Ideology is the very opposite to love and consciousness" 

Isn't that statement enough? Do we need to dig deeper into it? 

In the end every ideology needs a strategy to gain power, and the language of power is always violence in the end. 

The game of power(ideology) is infinitely cunning in the way it cover up the dirtiness of the game in endless lies and false flags. 

Literary every conflict and war are born out of strategic false flags to benefit the already rich and powerful ones. 

Does it really benefit your followers if you dig deep into it? 

I know you are brilliant in covering topics outside of enlightenment/absolute truth/love. 

But ideology is literary the polar opposite of love and consciousness as you pointed out in your latest episode. 

I don't see the point. I regret bother with these kind of topics myself, we should be indifferent to it. 

It's not our game, let the evil ones have it.

Just as truth is our game and not theirs. ;)     

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden There are many subtle forms of ideology. It's not as easy to avoid as you might think. It would be a dangerous mistake to think of ideology as simply being a Neo-Nazi.

Many stage Green ideologies are "love"-based.

And virtually all the highest consciousness teachings are turned into ideology by the mind.

I've been studying this topic for over a decade and I still don't have a solid handle on it.

This is a very slippery topic.

This video is a masterpiece. Shows you the Ideology shifts and evolution of consciousness in Russia of 20th century from Russian Empire to USSR to Russia of 90s and 2000s from a perspective of a common folk. Shows you very clearly the mechanisms of massive ideology, how common folk is getting manipulated by higher-ups and what values common people chase during all that in a well-designed music clip.

Edited by Hello from Russia

One ideology beaten by another one

Edited by Lonard

12 hours ago, DreamMachine said:

How about stoicism?

Great question! Yes and no?

At the beginning, stoicism was the definition of an ideology since it fought hard with numerous schools in order to gain market shares. 

But then, you find Marcus Aurelius writing ''People should never be able to tell if you're a stoic or a philosopher''.  As for the author of A Guide to the Good Life; The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy, he advises readers willing to give stoicism a try to practive something he calls stealth Stoicism.

Since a good stoic should be non-preachy and indifferent to other people's opinion of stoicism, I don't see how it can be an ideology. Can a bad stoic turn stoicism into an ideology? Off course. 

Really interested to read what others have to say. 

Edited by martin_malin

I was a follower of Jordan Peterson until one year ago. After watching Leo's content I saw the blind spots in his teachings and political statements. He is so involved in all the gender and political correctness stuff that he is unable to get out of this ego-identifying war. His hole life and career builds on that stuff. Would be so funny to see Leo speaking with Peterson on this topic. Either Peterson would rationalize the shit out of Leos words or his ego would break completely.

Nontheless I'm gonna read his book "12 Rules for life" because now I'm aware of these blind spots and I'm interested in reading the book with a real critical perspective. Alone the title says it all: Rules! that implicates that Peterson knows what's "good" for each and every individual. That's religion! That's ideology!

What's the difference between a duck?

this movie shows the experimental creation of an ideological movement and how it loses track very fast

Edited by Kensho

David Icke is an interesting example! yes, he is an ideolog, but he's coming from a place of care and love for humanity. I followed him for years and still admire his work and courage without clinging to his ideas or beliefs.

Many people put him in the same group as Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists, but he is the only one who talks about non-duality, consciousness, enlightenment, even psychedelics... and is a geniune, friendly man.

But he's still an ideolog ;) curious about what others on the forum think about David Icke.