MarkusSweden

This is how sneaky my ego is. Unbelievable bold.

31 posts in this topic

To be aware of all the sneaky and subtle movement of fear, presenting itself as other than fear. 

Yeah, often it presents itself as just good common sense or the obvious judgment on a situation.  But at the heart of it as an avoidance of "the demon".

To pretend to know something ~ anything ~ is another way how fear perpetuates itself. Because fear is made out of knowing (the past ~ knowledge, experience, memory) so it needs to keep feeding knowing by bringing the past into the present and anticipating a future. Psychological time?

Yes.  Knowledge is an ego security strategy which is quite obvious when it ends.  

It can be, depending on what we mean when we use that word.

If there's some sense of fixity or permanence or limitation, then yeah, it is all those things.

You can have an intuition, can even act on an intuition, but if you're attached to it being "right" or "correct" then it is all those things.

I don't notice any sense of any "knowledge" being "right" in this state.  Like, my mind is working the best it can, and I act and decide based on it, but there's a constant openness to changing it.  Like it's all just provisional and conditional and not fixed.  Like you can see that it's just a map, not something real.

Edited by Haumea2018

4 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Jealous? 

As I stated, its an observation. 

Btw, in case youre interested, there are forums dedicated to discussing Krishnamurti- Kinfonet.org comes to mind and people there dont copy his speech and lingo. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

When it comes to psychological matters...

To seek security in a knowing, is the same as thought seeking security in itself. To seek security in pleasure, gratification, satisfaction, (thought), is a movement of fear attempting to evade itself. No matter what, to seek security in pleasure always leads to pain-suffering-insecurity. Desire seeking psychological security in pleasure, is no different than inviting pain, suffering, and insecurity. 

Out of the contents of the self, (experience, knowledge memory), there is the invention of the abstraction. The self strives to fulfill that particular desire-abstraction to achieve a sense of psychological security in time. 

As in; “I” am insecure, and “I” will depend on (experience, knowledge, memory), time, which is also that same movement of “i”,(self). The self-fear, is always insecure, and continuously strives to bring about a sense of security. This nourishes that division and strengthens that movement pattern. 

This Fear in movement, (experience, knowledge, memory), is one and the same movement of time as the i. But we feel deep down that the i is separate from its contents. 

This constant seeking shelter in thought, which is static, to anticipate that of the dynamic now, is also one and the same movement as seeking psychological security in time. 

What we don’t see is there is no possible way to meet the unlimited-infinite nature of THE NOW, with that of the limited-finite static nature of thought(experience, knowledge, memory).

The fragment(thought), can never contain the whole,(what is). Or the dead nature of memory can never anticipate the active and alive nature of now. 

This frightens the self. It does all it can to maintain a sense of permanence to compensate for its own impermanent nature. The more it moves positively-negatively, the more it brings about disorder and insecurity in itself. 

This false division or fragmentation is what ultimately causes psychological insecurity. The self, being a fragment of thought, seeks security in another fragment that thought has itself constructed. This whole process causes insecurity, but the self doesn’t see that, and still tries to implement thought as a means to secure itself. Like trying to put out fire with fire ? 

As long as this false division is sustained by lack of seeing & holistic understanding, along with passive awareness to that understanding, there will be this inevitable contradiction, confusion, and therefore further psychological seeking. 

Seeking psychological security is a side effect of division-duality. As long as fragmentation is taking place, conflict-suffering will continue. There will be this never ending self perpetuating battle between the “experiencer” and “its” experience, what is, and what should be. 

Edited by Faceless

Fragmentation arises in that ,which is still,timeless and aware (what is). The whole, in which fragmentation of an experiencer (self,I-thought) experiencing an experience (time) arises. It is movement, that arises in stillness,timeless awareness. The Now of that which is.. Being.

Thus there is movement in stillness and stillness in movement.
Appearance/movement of an experiencer(self,I-thought),experiencing an experience, in stillness,wholeness of that which is aware (what is), and is prior to, throughout,and the ending (coming and going, arising and falling away), of experiencer experiencing an experience.

Edited by who chit

4 hours ago, Faceless said:

You seem to get the significance quite easy my friend. ??

I have been doing this for a long time man. Going on 8 years now with Krishnamurti, and tolle. But nothing really made sense until I read yours and robdl’s posts-messages. You guys rock:D

6 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Tolle got his teaching from krishnamurti 9_9

I know man:)

i started watching K and then moved to tolle because I am kinda dumb lol. I think Tolle does not go as deep as K. 

Then went back to K, now I learn better from faceless and robdl. I bookmark there posts. 

Crazy thing is I have been doing this way longer than faceless. It was difficult for me, but now I am getting it.:D

Edited by Jack River

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

What we don’t see is there is no possible way to meet the unlimited-infinite nature of THE NOW, with that of the limited-finite static nature of thought(experience, knowledge, memory).

The fragment(thought), can never contain the whole,(what is). Or the dead nature of memory can never anticipate the active and alive nature of now. 

32 minutes ago, who chit said:

Fragmentation arises in that ,which is still,timeless and aware (what is). The whole, in which fragmentation of an experiencer (self,I-thought) experiencing an experience (time) arises. It is movement, that arises in stillness,timeless awareness. The Now of that which is.. Being.

Thus there is movement in stillness and stillness in movement.
Appearance/movement of an experiencer(self,I-thought),experiencing an experience, in stillness,wholeness of that which is aware (what is), and is prior to, throughout,and the ending (coming and going, arising and falling away), of experiencer experiencing an experience.

Big Guru approves . :D

This may be of significance to the thread.

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

Somehow Faceless's influence turns folks here into little mini me's.

Well, he totally sees.  I only read his recent posts after posting my first under the new account.

I got essentially the same thing independently in the last 6 weeks. 

I haven't read Faceless in a long time or Krishnamurti ever.  Enlightenment isn't a memetic infection spreading person-to-person.  

It's just totally obvious in this state, and easy to see in others.

It's like, this is the crux of it.  When there's no ego, it's easy to see what the ego actually WAS and its mechanism of operation.

I couldn't see it all the freakin' way to Sahaja.  That all changed very recently.

Edited by Haumea2018