MarkusSweden

This is how sneaky my ego is. Unbelievable bold.

31 posts in this topic

Growing up I had a big ego, but I started to work on that early on. I love humbleness, compassion and altruism. These are all good concepts to contemplate and practice in order to shrink your ego. 

I've come a long way towards the transcending of my ego.

Frankly I don't care if I live or die(although I love to live). 

I don't bother with success or other peoples approvals.

I don't care about power or money, and I don't compare myself to others or judging anyone. 

Hence, I'm doing rather good so far on my quest for enlightenment. 

So, why am I not enlightened already? This is why.. every time I come close to transcending my ego to full extent and get a little taste of that wonderful impersonal godly consciousness, my ego jumps into the picture and judge that experience as EGO! lol

You see how fucking sneaky my ego is? Ego doesn't judge me as an ego when I identify with it, but as soon as I come close to that egoless experience of God, the ego tend to label that experience as ego. How fucking ironic!  

You see the paradox here? Below is how the logic of my ego works..

Being ego = no ego 

Being free of ego aka enlightenment(infinite awareness) = BIG EGO

Even though I understand the sneakiness of my ego, I can't guard myself from the attack that ego makes on me when I come closer to being God. 

Yeah, my ego judge God as Ego in a last attempt to survive. A last defence mechanism so to speak.

Lol, it's almost cute how infinite pathetic my ego is. It turns truth inside out, like an inverse version of truth according this formula..

EGO = NO EGO

GOD(aka no ego) = EGO

It's so infinitely sneaky, my ego knows how much I hate the notion of ego, and of course it use that as a strategy to survive, hence it judge God's presence as ego in order for me to stay away from enlightenment and align myself with that toxic bastard! 

How to solve this puzzle? My ego doesn't even seem to be embarrassed by this pathetic attempt to survive even though I have exposed it fully. 

Ego is a sneaky parasite, I tell you, at least my ego is! :) 

Do you understand what I say here? If you do, please elaborate. 

Namaste.  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

31 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Ego is a sneaky parasite, I tell you, at least my ego is! :) 

See the "my" I put in bold?  That's the problem, that's the "self" (lower case "s"). That's the parasite. The self that thinks "it" has an ego. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

35 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

I love humbleness, compassion and altruism. These are all good concepts to contemplate and practice in order to shrink your ego. 

I'm curious how these two are related

Becoming more humble = transcending ego ?

Because you're vibrating higher?

Like in david r. hawkins emotion map, joy is close to enlightenment. so those more positive emotions help you move forward to enlightenment?

DIVISION, FEAR, ABSTRACTION, (PSYCHOLOGICAL BECOMING) 

Do we notice all the subtle disguised forms of fear that determine every single action taken in our day to day living?

Do we see how fear will inevitably generate incomplete action, (divided action)? 

Action influenced by fear-time will ignore the fact,(what is), and seek security in the abstraction,(what should be). 

Do we see that as long as this pattern of fragmentation remains a mechanical-programmed impulse, we will only nourish that same movement pattern?

Fear and the intellect,(self-thought), will work hand and hand to stimulate and nurture its own sustenance, which is the movement of TIME, (psychological becoming). 

Can we be aware that as long as this self sustaining movement of psychological becoming is in motion, that all action taken in accordance to that will reinforce that very limit? 

Do we have the awareness to know when movement within this finite pattern of fragmentation is in motion? 

Edited by Faceless

@MarkusSweden

Maybe rather than God / ego, consider falsities / Truth. 

Sounds like infinite is realized, but ego returns, because the falsities / false understandings, such as the thought-“I”, and other dualities, are not rooted out. 

@Feel Good That’s great to hear ?? Much love for you.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm @Faceless

Thank you guys! Better then all the youtube gurus out there. 

Short, simple and straight to the point(as always)! 

:) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Enlightenment is tricky because it's all about surrendering to BE-ing -- and the Mind kicks up every obstacle to distract you from doing that.  One of the biggest obstacles is clinging to 'Need to Know BE-ing'.  Another obstacle is assuming BE-ing is a butterfly that you need to catch with a net.  Enlightenment teachers talk about this as 'setting Enlightenment as a goal to be achieved'.  The problem with that is it tees the Mind up to create a concept of Enlightenment or BE-ing.  But see, BE-ing is not a concept.  BE-ing is right now.  Enlightenment is transcending the 'Paradigm of Self', and eventually all paradigms as well.  Asking your 'Self', 'shouldn't I be Enlightened by now?' is a trick question.  It's a distraction from surrendering to BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

More choke jerking should do the trick ;)

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

20 minutes ago, sgn said:

More choke jerking should do the trick ;)

Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment choke jerking. ;) 

(Herrens vägar äro outgrundliga)

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

10 hours ago, Faceless said:

Do we notice all the subtle disguised forms of fear that determine every single action taken in our day to day living?

Do we see how fear will inevitably generate incomplete action, (divided action)? 

Action influenced by fear-time will ignore the fact,(what is), and seek security in the abstraction,(what should be). 

Do we see that as long as this pattern of fragmentation remains a mechanical-programmed impulse, we will only nourish that same movement pattern?

Fear and the intellect,(self-thought), will work hand and hand to stimulate and nurture its own sustenance, which is the movement of TIME, (psychological becoming). 

Can we be aware that as long as this self sustaining movement of psychological becoming is in motion, that all action taken in accordance to that will reinforce that very limit? 

Do we have the awareness to know when movement within this finite pattern of fragmentation is in motion? 

One either knows this completely or not so what is the point of all this mental masturbation

i have no fear and still suffer. What is the point of all this struggle? The more I squirm the deeper I fall into this hideous endless thought loop

Edited by Sashaj

Growing up I had a big ego, but I started to work on that early on. I love humbleness, compassion and altruism. These are all good concepts to contemplate and practice in order to shrink your ego. 

Frankly I don't care if I live or die(although I love to live). 

I don't bother with success or other peoples approvals.

See, the problem is the following:

Your ego identifies with being GOOD (whatever qualities are good to you: humility, compassion, altruism, etc.)

Enlightenment isn't identifying with GOOD qualities.

Enlightenment is not suppressing and rejecting perceived BAD qualities.

So you actually need to stop seeing BAD qualities as BAD, and consider they may be a missing part of your Self.

Otherwise you just have a GOODNESS ego.

You see yourself as GOOD or as wishing to be GOOD.

If you are enlightened there's no self-narrative.  It is beyond good and evil.  You are not the doer.

It's not about moral striving at all.  Simply by being whole you are doing the work of the divine.

(Keep in mind the context in which I say this: a board of advanced seekers.  This is not a teaching for the masses, obviously.)

Edited by Haumea2018

@MarkusSweden It's crazy reading this right now... Had my first DMT encounter yesterday (smoked Changa, quite a lot of it) and I came to so many points of trying to let go, but as soon as I was just being, a milisecond later my ego would come in and say: "No, that's not it, that's ego." I couldn't really tell if I ever let go completely in this experience cause there was so much judgement and I also saw that underneath that was so much fear of death...
much more than I consciously could ever see. (If I'm not sure if I let go completely, I probably didn't.)

This brought me to a place of dispair because I saw that even if I realized the truth, my ego would ALWAYS say, "that's not it yet". That's why they say the truth is actually staring you right in the face I guess. But how could one say to realize truth if ego comes back? There are so many traps it's intimidating to see this directly. No matter how much I thought my ego got smaller and smaller, it's so incredibly sneaky. Thanks for your post, made me think a bit. I think that's just one facet of how the ego works and we have to transcend that at one point. Seeing that is a first good step though I guess.

51 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

@MarkusSweden It's crazy reading this right now... Had my first DMT encounter yesterday (smoked Changa, quite a lot of it) and I came to so many points of trying to let go, but as soon as I was just being, a milisecond later my ego would come in and say: "No, that's not it, that's ego." I couldn't really tell if I ever let go completely in this experience cause there was so much judgement and I also saw that underneath that was so much fear of death...
much more than I consciously could ever see. (If I'm not sure if I let go completely, I probably didn't.)

This brought me to a place of dispair because I saw that even if I realized the truth, my ego would ALWAYS say, "that's not it yet". That's why they say the truth is actually staring you right in the face I guess. But how could one say to realize truth if ego comes back? There are so many traps it's intimidating to see this directly. No matter how much I thought my ego got smaller and smaller, it's so incredibly sneaky. Thanks for your post, made me think a bit. I think that's just one facet of how the ego works and we have to transcend that at one point. Seeing that is a first good step though I guess.

Thanks for sharing! 

Yeah, sneaky it is! :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

19 hours ago, Faceless said:

This is what I have been putting my energy into lately. Drastic change in my life. Thanks brah:D

Edited by Jack River

19 hours ago, Feel Good said:

I pondered this psychological becoming today - I see how the I seeks to find comfort in abstractions like morality in order to defend itself. 

This is what I spend my day being aware of. It seems to mask itself though. That’s why it’s good to know when fear is moving. 

21 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

It's so infinitely sneaky, my ego knows how much I hate the notion of ego, and of course it use that as a strategy to survive, hence it judge God's presence as ego in order for me to stay away from enlightenment and align myself with that toxic bastard! 

Be careful not to get paranoid. Who's hating the ego?

“You cannot fight against the ego and win, just as you cannot fight against darkness. The light of consciousness is all that is necessary. You are that light.”

-- Eckhart Tolle

You don't want to get rid of your ego; you want to tame it. I think it was Osho that said, "The ego is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master."

@Feel Good ??

To (see-understand) this mechanical movement of fear persistently evading itself in pursuit of psychological security. Very important indeed. 

Edited by Faceless

4 hours ago, Jack River said:

This is what I have been putting my energy into lately. Drastic change in my life. Thanks brah:D

You seem to get the significance quite easy my friend. ??

4 hours ago, Jack River said:

This is what I spend my day being aware of. It seems to mask itself though. That’s why it’s good to know when fear is moving. 

Indeed so.

To be aware of all the sneaky and subtle movement of fear, presenting itself as other than fear. 

Fear...so elusive and intangible indeed.:ph34r: