Hansu

Highly detailed biographies of rising men

10 posts in this topic

(And women)

Im looking for autobiographies that share the lifes of people rising to power and success against all odds. Preferably audiobooks and longer than 10 hours, for example Jackie Chans 4 hour long autobiography taught me nothing of the man that Bruce Lees 19 hour biography taught me, expect that Jackie has a son that was told in the last 5 minutes

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Im looking for:

Political struggles from leftist, right, nazi, communist, marxist, taoist. People who are responsible for driving those dreams, their struggles viewed objectively

People who achieved their dreams beside incredible struggle due to racism or character traits, preferably african americans when racism was mainstream, Africans with albino trait and asians who fought against the system.

The Jewish people from multiple points of view. I have heard so much contradicting arguments for and against things like holocaust and the "Jewish people trying to put European countries in eternal loan prison" that i dont believe anything anymore. I need perspective from multiple sources

Exhausting list, but i would really appreciate to get some insightful recommendations!

Already read:

Jackie Chans autobiography

Bruce Lees biography (excellent example what im looking for)

On my list:

Mein Kampf (not a bipgraphy to be truthful. Also i dont trust any books about Hitler published in english language to truly be objectional)

Martin Luther King Jr biography

The rise of Theodore Roosevelt

Unspecified books on Leo's book list

Thank you!

Edited by Hansu

I got a lot of great biographies in my book list.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I got a lot of great biographies in my book list.

Lol, i had forgotten there is biographies on it :D Added few promising ones on my list

@okulele

Seems promising, thanks!

Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Total Recall by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder.

• 10/10 for inspiration. I read it in one sitting and had tears of joy as his story bloomed beyond my wildest imaginations. Fantastic if you are looking for life purpose motivation. Lots of insights into the mind and actions of an extraordinary person. However, I have grown spiritually since I first read it and can see how my current self would resonate with it less. If you are familiar with spiral dynamics, I'd say this is mostly a stage orange book.

Abraham Lincoln:

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin.

• 9.5/10. Jam packed with fascinating historical information. But in between the events a man of extraordinary goodness and perserverence emerges. Not only inspiring but Lincoln's example fills you with hope and wisdom and lifts your personal motivations to a virtuous plane. Once again, in relation to spiral dynamics, I'd say this would appeal to almost any stage. Lincoln is such a complex and deep personality which is why I think his character resonates to some extent with most people.

Hope these help. I am after more inspiring biograpahies myself!

Edited by doucey24

Gandhi's autobiography - The Story of My Experiments with Truth 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Girzo

Totall recall seems very promising. When i first saw it i thought it was the same story as the movie, lol

@doucey24

I appreciate the details, thanks! I'll add them to my list

@Erlend K

Added

Neverheard of the man but seems promising. I love the fact that he was born in a very rich family, i have always been interested on how it affects a person

I just read Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson. The interesting part is to discover that Leonardo da Vinci procrastinated a lot.