Forestluv

Sensory Deprivation Tank Report

9 posts in this topic

Last weekend I did a 60min. float after eating a 15mg THC edible.

Recently I felt the urge to enter a meditative space without sensory perception. I know floats are not everyone's cup of tea, yet for me they can provide quasi-mystical states.

This float offered some insight into concepts of pre-birth, extrasensory perception and evolution. When I fully let go of thoughts and concepts, my awareness was inside a womb. The only sound and sensation in the tank was the beating of my heart. It was very pronounced. It was as if it wasn't my heart. Just a heartbeat as if I was in a womb. Then, all this insight about what went into creating my mind-body. It started with my mom's body. All of her experiences, thoughts and emotions. Then everything in her environment. All of her friends co-workers. All the activity in life: parties, political unrest, trips, home repairs. . . Then all the input that went into that input. It kept expanding into infinity. In this expanded state, there was a voice that said "Ask me anything you want". I asked "what is genuine" and I was shown genuine. I asked what is "intuition" and I was shown intuition. I saw that intuition is a sense that is evolving in humans and one day will be as clear and distinct as our vision or hearing. I felt a yearning from the source of intuition, that it wanted to rise and evolve in humans. I had insight that evolution is not simply random mutations (this goes against my training as a geneticist). 

So if evolution is not random mutations, what is it - driven by a consciousness need to survive/improve? 

Dayyyummm, son!

That was my best online Joe Rogan impression, because he's the one who inspired me to do float tanks stoned as well.   ?  

That's one nice trip you had. I honestly call it a trip, because that's what it induces, I've been there. Have you done actual psychedelics? Going by your screen name, it's highly likely, but I would imagine they would evoke some really deep and profound stuff in you, based on your float tank experience.

Do you put earplugs in? I never have, and never seemed to be an issue.

Great insights!

Seems more powerful for you to do this than 5meo :)

Thank you for sharing

wow, thanks for sharing @Serotoninluv <3

would you mind explaining your insight about intuition some more? I'm trying to work on mine.. but it's kind of hard because I can't really put my finger in it. I really don't know what it is. 

I kind of hope that my 'gut feeling' will get stronger if I meditate and live in silence and minimalism enough.. but it's just a belief for me at this point :$

whatever arises, love that

Wow.  That's something I think is worthwhile to do.  I gotta do that at some point.

@Serotoninluv i had this image once about how humans are animals, putting themselves in cages, training themselves like they train animals and also start optimizing themselves like they optimized domestic animals. that’s fine to a certain point - but what happens if you set a chiwawa free? could it survive and run with the wolves? 

when does bacteria mutate in a sense that it gets pandemic? what kind of god are we to ourselves, if we think we are separated from what we came from? are we not just playing god?

that‘s not moralizing, that’s instinct. hope it’s a survival instinct. and instinct is part of our intuition.

i rather work on intuition than becoming  a chihuhua jumping through loops. :)

just think how it would feel if you were raised in a water tank. who’s heartbeat was it you heard?

i had a similar less strong experience some days ago thinking of my mother...and what she gave to me.

Edited by now is forever
sorry for using symbols, it’s just my way of communicating