Hello from Russia

Why Leo stresses college so much?

56 posts in this topic

I think people should experiment both unschooling and prussian education model for decades and compare results. Truths over opinions. Experiments over untested assumptions.

Edited by CreamCat

9 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Changing this system is what I'm making my life purpose about

That's a very worthy cause.

But also be mindful of the complexities of this system. Be careful that you don't inadvertently design a system which is even worse. Complex systems which handle tens of millions of people are notoriously difficult to design.

A study of system theory would be a must.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Well I could use some help :). The good news is that I've studied people for a while now. I want to create an alternative. That means my system wont be shoving something down anyone's throat. So let's say I was growing up in an alternate reality where this older version of me already created this better system and in 6th grade (that's when the shit started for me in the education system) I went to the other system that this alternate older version of me created. In that system there would be amazing creative people who are autodidacts and we'd also be learning in a more free more creative way. We'd also have field trips to places that have to do with self-actualization (maybe a field trip to your place to see what your thought process is before you shoot one of your videos), places that have to do with business, places that have to do with finance, and places that have to do with self-inquiry. So if they're are any kids like me in the public education system yearning to be free and wanting to explore more things with out having to worry about standardized tests and learning some irrelevant bullshit they're never going to use in their lives I'd provide an alternative as a sanctuary for those kids so they don't have to suffer at the hand of sexually repressed fascist dictators lol (well I had a few of those in middle school). 

@Revolutionary Think Something like that is a good idea. There are many possible alternative models. It's a great field to research with lots of pioneers starting to blaze some trails.

@Revolutionary Think Ha! That's the problem EVERYONE has. That's a business problem.

Learn business and marketing to solve that problem.

@Leo Gura We're just a grain of sand on a giant beach. From time to time one of these grains of sand is an interesting enough color for people to pick up with their index finger stare at it and call over their friends to stare at it too. 

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Learn business and marketing to solve that problem.

"learn marketing" is something I hear ALL the time.

Pretty misleading advice, if you ask me. Maybe if I had a comprehensive library of knowledge to fall back on, I could easily expand that library on my own time. But I've got nothing right now, and I don't even know where to start :(

All the gurus have different opinions. Does "learn marketing" really mean to check out what each and every person has to say personally? Or is there any place with most of this info assembled and organised? Is that too much to ask :P

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

44 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

In that system there would be amazing creative people who are autodidacts and we'd also be learning in a more free more creative way. We'd also have field trips to places that have to do with self-actualization (maybe a field trip to your place to see what your thought process is before you shoot one of your videos), places that have to do with business, places that have to do with finance, and places that have to do with self-inquiry.

@Revolutionary Think I think this already exists in decentralized forms. Electronics repair experts accept reservations for field trips on the internet. Mostly, adult men visit such a place. If we freed people from the compulsory education, this will happen naturally.

There would be decentralized businesses that facilitate field trips. I am an advocate of decentralization.

You can even pay for ayahuasca retreats on your own. You don't need schools for that.

In other words, decentralized unschooling is essentially just learning on one's own.

The infrastructure for self learning will develop in markets after compulsory education is abolished. Perhaps, most parents will just send their children to schools after compulsory education is abolished because they don't want to fiddle with alternative models of education.

Texas is known for allowing unschooling. In theory, someone with a permanent residence permit in my country could bypass compulsory education because the laws stipulate that compulsory education applies only to citizens.

I think education is the one area where private competition can improve the standards a lot.

Edited by CreamCat

42 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

"learn marketing" is something I hear ALL the time.

Pretty misleading advice, if you ask me. Maybe if I had a comprehensive library of knowledge to fall back on, I could easily expand that library on my own time. But I've got nothing right now, and I don't even know where to start :(

All the gurus have different opinions. Does "learn marketing" really mean to check out what each and every person has to say personally? Or is there any place with most of this info assembled and organised? Is that too much to ask :P

There exist literally thousands of video courses, seminars, and workshops which teach marketing in painful detail, for virtually every industry.

There are courses for how to market carpet cleaning, dentistry, weight loss, surgery, information products, websites, vitamins, self help, life coaching, consulting, whatever.

And there are courses which just teach general marketing principles.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There exist literally thousands of video courses, seminars, and workshops which teach marketing in painful detail, for virtually every industry.

There are courses for how to market carpet cleaning, dentistry, weight loss, surgery, information products, websites, vitamins, self help, life coaching, consulting, whatever.

And there are courses which just teach general marketing principles.

Alright, so are all of these courses equally valid? Can I take one of them and say: "Aha! Now I know marketing."

Thanks for the reply Leo ^_^

It's Love.

@RendHeaven

eben pagan for your general marketing needs, digital products needs, life coaching needs all backed by solid personal development and a stage yellow thinker

19 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Alright, so are all of these courses equally valid? Can I take one of them and say: "Aha! Now I know marketing."

Thanks for the reply Leo ^_^

Of course not.

That's like saying every book in the book store is equally valid and if I just read one book I will understand the world.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course not.

That's like saying every book in the book store is equally valid and if I just read one book I will understand the world.

Hmm, bad analogy. To understand the world, I'm willing to read the whole bookstore and more. No shit one book isn't enough!

To understand marketing though? I'm not too keen. I'll admit I'm looking for something easy.

I suppose I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way haha. Time to get my hands dirty.

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

27 minutes ago, thehero said:

@RendHeaven

eben pagan for your general marketing needs, digital products needs, life coaching needs all backed by solid personal development and a stage yellow thinker

Awesome, will look into it :)

It's Love.